Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM

62 posts, read 140,160 times

Advertisements

My Mexican-American neighbor tells me that regular classes are held in Mexico to show their citizens how to use the American system to their advantage. Using welfare, obtaining false documents, how to buy an American house using Federal funds, etc. She too, is outraged at what is happening here but she says, "It won't stop until the U.S. government stops the flow of money to assist the illegals." Gee, what a concept. Wonder why our elected politicians haven't figured that out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 12:00 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
One would think Mexican illegal aliens currently living in the U.S. would jump at the opportunity to attend college “free” in Mexico. Instead, they remain here and continue to DEMAND in-state tuition, and other benefits afforded legal citizens. Why do you believe they are so resistant to returning home? I'm sure Mexico would benefit from their K-12 tax-funded U.S. education.
Travelling fella's insight is priceless. Not only does it explain the sheer arrogance and sense of entitlement specifically of illegal alien mexicans, but it clearly outlines the reasons for the vast economic failures and corruption in mexico.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post
My Mexican-American neighbor tells me that regular classes are held in Mexico to show their citizens how to use the American system to their advantage. Using welfare, obtaining false documents, how to buy an American house using Federal funds, etc. She too, is outraged at what is happening here but she says, "It won't stop until the U.S. government stops the flow of money to assist the illegals." Gee, what a concept. Wonder why our elected politicians haven't figured that out?
Oh, but they know exactly what they're doing. They are truckling to the demands of their 'owners' the corporate elite, who profit from the cheap illegal labor Mexico provides. It sickens me to witness our country being raped by illegal aliens. Yes, they know all of the tricks of the trade prior to their arrival in this country; starting with ensuring they give birth while on our soil.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:17 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Once again, I hear you loud and clear and I agree with you. The fact that economic hardship forced you to leave and miss your homeland is another aspect of this invasion that angers me. It is wrong that over the decades your government has received billions in foreign aid from this country, yet they abuse the American tax payers and their own citizens by squandering and stealing our tax dollars and not using them to provide for their own people. It also angers me that people such as yourself would prefer to stay at home, earn a decent wage and support your families there, yet government corruption and racist, non-generous oligarchies makes it virtually impossible.
Well, I wouldn't say that it is virtually impossible, have you ever been into Mexico? you would need to visit the country and see how are the things here really otherwise it's difficult to have a clear idea.

It is true that Mexico has received help from the USA in the past and continues to do so today, but this was mostly during the era of the series of worst presidents this country ever had, imagine 4 presidential terms of 6 years each, that had the effect in your economy and society, as the one that is ending now in the United States. During this era Mexico was indeed a failed state, no democracy, corruption that would make today's corruption see as child games, these days are mild in comparison.

The last time that Mexico received help from the USA was in the Clinton era, after the last meltdown this country suffered just beginning Zedillo's term. and it has been repaid already, other than that america is giving weapons and training to fight against the drug war the government is having, this country is overun by zetas, you see them everywhere in every state and they control the entire drug trade here, they kill any rivals who dare to oppose them, this issue would be comparable to the illegal immigration problem America is facing, and as you can imagine the zetas are better equiped and trained than most armies in the world, because the money that is created by drug trade is more than the money the government has, zetas only have to worry about investing their money in weapons, and they have the USA next to buy everything they want, the government here has to care about mantaining the streets, cities, ports, schools, hospitals, etc, security and besides that fight against the zetas.

Quote:
More importantly, it is insulting and infuriating to see millions of mexicans marching down the streets of my country while professing love for and waiving the flag of, and supporting the country that treats them like trash and has all but told them and shown them that they consider their net worth to be zero.
I understand that perfectly, but I believe the problem lies in the attitude of this people, and in some of the negative aspects of mexican culture which is that entitlement attitude, like I told you this country was kidnapped by a single party for 71 years, who had control over the congress, institutions, resources, everything and in order to keep people from revolting they just gave them freebies, you don't know the magnitude of the strikes that have happened here because people complaining about the freebies ending, or they just accepted a codependent relationship with the USA, where there is or was a wink and nod attitude towards the flow of people sttling there which has created a monster that needs to be solved before it blows, like most people here would agree.

In many things before, when the government owned everything the handouts were out of control, if you worked for the government you could twist the law to suit your purposes, and this is changing now but you can't expect to destroy in 7 years of democracy a system that lasted 71 years

Quote:
Yet these same millions of people have been brainwashed to possess blind loyalty to the oligarchies of a homeland that quite frankly, is only using them to sustain their tax-free wealth, hates them and wants them to stay gone (thus the massive number of mexican consulates on American soil).

The flip side to that is that we hard working, tax paying Americans want to live comfortably, without massive illegal immigration, preserve our laws, our language and our culture, within the country that we have worked hard to cultivate, nuture, progress and improve. Yet, the corporate crooks, the poverty stricken of the world, our government, and yours expects us to foot the bills and the worlds' problems.

If the mexican people (and other illegal populations residing in America) don't rise up and fight for what they believe and want to occur in their own countries and governments, they certainly should not expect Americans to embrace them, their poverty, high crime and birth rates and their deliberate intent of turning this country into a spanish speaking 3rd world abyss.

I hope we both agree on this.

Best wishes to you and thank you for sharing your story and point of view. Another great post!
Thanks Jdubsmom, best wishes to you too

and yes we agree, we know we have a problem and we know that it should be solved fast or we would see nasty things happening, and trust me, many people in Mexico is aware of this, and this is what I want to clarify, Mexico is many things, there is a lot of educated well to do people that has worked hard to have a nice life in this country that has been demanding a change for ages, this brought democracy to this country and has improved things here, we've been free of economic meltdowns for 12 years and even with the worst global economic crisis in the entire history, Mexico has been holding firm so far, sure we've been hit as there is no escape from this but it could have been much worse.

many people and most people in this country are truly doing somehting to improve things and the magnitude of the problems being faced in both countries are forcing many others to wake up and start doing something, you will see how the relationship between Obama and Calderon will be much better and less dysfunctional that the relationship between Bush and Fox, this is a light of hope between the relationship we have as neighboors.

Great post too, i'm glad we can have a respectful, honest and enlightening dialogue

Love and lighty!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Well, I wouldn't say that it is virtually impossible, have you ever been into Mexico? you would need to visit the country and see how are the things here really otherwise it's difficult to have a clear idea.

It is true that Mexico has received help from the USA in the past and continues to do so today, but this was mostly during the era of the series of worst presidents this country ever had, imagine 4 presidential terms of 6 years each, that had the effect in your economy and society, as the one that is ending now in the United States. During this era Mexico was indeed a failed state, no democracy, corruption that would make today's corruption see as child games, these days are mild in comparison.

The last time that Mexico received help from the USA was in the Clinton era, after the last meltdown this country suffered just beginning Zedillo's term. and it has been repaid already, other than that america is giving weapons and training to fight against the drug war the government is having, this country is overun by zetas, you see them everywhere in every state and they control the entire drug trade here, they kill any rivals who dare to oppose them, this issue would be comparable to the illegal immigration problem America is facing, and as you can imagine the zetas are better equiped and trained than most armies in the world, because the money that is created by drug trade is more than the money the government has, zetas only have to worry about investing their money in weapons, and they have the USA next to buy everything they want, the government here has to care about mantaining the streets, cities, ports, schools, hospitals, etc, security and besides that fight against the zetas.

I understand that perfectly, but I believe the problem lies in the attitude of this people, and in some of the negative aspects of mexican culture which is that entitlement attitude, like I told you this country was kidnapped by a single party for 71 years, who had control over the congress, institutions, resources, everything and in order to keep people from revolting they just gave them freebies, you don't know the magnitude of the strikes that have happened here because people complaining about the freebies ending, or they just accepted a codependent relationship with the USA, where there is or was a wink and nod attitude towards the flow of people sttling there which has created a monster that needs to be solved before it blows, like most people here would agree.

In many things before, when the government owned everything the handouts were out of control, if you worked for the government you could twist the law to suit your purposes, and this is changing now but you can't expect to destroy in 7 years of democracy a system that lasted 71 years

and yes we agree, we know we have a problem and we know that it should be solved fast or we would see nasty things happening, and trust me, many people in Mexico is aware of this, and this is what I want to clarify, Mexico is many things, there is a lot of educated well to do people that has worked hard to have a nice life in this country that has been demanding a change for ages, this brought democracy to this country and has improved things here, we've been free of economic meltdowns for 12 years and even with the worst global economic crisis in the entire history, Mexico has been holding firm so far, sure we've been hit as there is no escape from this but it could have been much worse.

many people and most people in this country are truly doing somehting to improve things and the magnitude of the problems being faced in both countries are forcing many others to wake up and start doing something, you will see how the relationship between Obama and Calderon will be much better and less dysfunctional that the relationship between Bush and Fox, this is a light of hope between the relationship we have as neighboors.

Great post too, i'm glad we can have a respectful, honest and enlightening dialogue

Love and lighty!
Your posts are a breath of fresh air. So many Mexicans or Mexican-Americans posting on this forum have such utter disdain for those of us opposed to illegal immigration. They make no attempt to understand the magnitude of this problem. Rather, they spend time spewing accusations of racism and xenophobia. As stated ad nauseam, it is not an issue of race/ethnicity; at issue is the violation of our laws and the bankrupting of our social services.

It’s nice to know that you, a Mexican citizen, are able to separate ethnicity from this complex and volatile issue.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Your posts are a breath of fresh air. So many Mexicans or Mexican-Americans posting on this forum have such utter disdain for those of us opposed to illegal immigration. They make no attempt to understand the magnitude of this problem. Rather, they spend time spewing accusations of racism and xenophobia. As stated ad nauseam, it is not an issue of race/ethnicity; at issue is the violation of our laws and the bankrupting of our social services.

It’s nice to know that you, a Mexican citizen, are able to separate ethnicity from this complex and volatile issue.
I always check on a 'Benicar' post....and yes, "Fella", I agree with her...thanks for your honest take as an objective 'outsider', able to see this controversial topic from a distance. I've tried to be 'objective' as well (and I get 'beaten up' on here pretty frequently).

Three cheers for objectivity and common sense !!

Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,557 times
Yet another angle on the phrase....

..." A nation divided against itself can not stand".....

Old 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I always check on a 'Benicar' post....and yes, "Fella", I agree with her...thanks for your honest take as an objective 'outsider', able to see this controversial topic from a distance. I've tried to be 'objective' as well (and I get 'beaten up' on here pretty frequently).

Three cheers for objectivity and common sense !!
Ah shucks, I'm flattered beyond words.

I’ll let you in on a little secret, if you promise not to tell. I always check out your posts as well.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:50 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
No I have never been to Mexico. My son's best friend's family are mexican and we love and treat one another like family. They invited us to go with them during their visit 2 years ago, but I declined for several reasons:
(1)fear of the culture/crime and corruption; and (2) I do not speak spanish and feel that it would have been disrespectful to visit a host country while not being able to communicate independently.

Quote:
It is true that Mexico has received help from the USA in the past and continues to do so today, but this was mostly during the era of the series of worst presidents this country ever had, imagine 4 presidential terms of 6 years each, that had the effect in your economy and society, as the one that is ending now in the United States. During this era Mexico was indeed a failed state, no democracy, corruption that would make today's corruption see as child games, these days are mild in comparison

From what I read on the internet and hear from news sources daily, I have no doubt that what you speak is the truth.

Quote:
I have to disagree with your timeline of US economic assistance to Mexico.

Quote:
US gives Mexico millions to fight drug cartels Dec 3 05:22 PM US/Eastern
MEXICO CITY (AP) - The U.S. government has finally released the first part of a $400 aid package to support Mexico's police and soldiers in their fight against drug cartels. U.S. Ambassador Tony Garza says the so-called Merida Initiative will enable both nations to work more closely in the drug war, sharing information about cartels in real time.
The U.S. released the first $197 million at a signing ceremony Wednesday in Mexico City. The rest will be come throughout next year.

The money comes at a critical time: Mexico's death toll from drug violence has soared above 4,000 so far this year, and drug-related murders and kidnappings are spilling over the U.S. border.
A couple of days ago the US released an additional $99 million to Mexico to fight the drug cartels.

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:

Love and lighty!
It's unfortunate that the worst of mexico's nationals have come here illegally and brought with them all of their delusions of grandier, arrogance and false sense of ethnicity/raced based superiority, and financial co-dependency and tainted the image of mexicans for those of us who have never visited your country or formed an opinion of the majority of it's people. The ethnocentric racist groups (aka LaRaza, Lulac, Maldef being sponsored by our tax dollars and a few of our treasonous hispanic politicians demanding amnesty) merely serve to further fan the flames of raced based polarization and American anger.

At the end of the day, we agree in terms of those who are responsible for this ever growing state of discontent among the natives who are restless on both sides of our shared border and issues. Getting rid of all of them or at the very least making them understand that they are the problem and that they don't understand the people is a whole 'nother problem. I think I can safely say that the whole world will be cheering the day that Bush leaves office. I can proudly state that I never voted for him, so I refuse to take the rap for anything that has transpired in the White House during the past 8 years.

That being said: What does love and lighty mean

I'm sure your reply will be quite interesting.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-10-2009 at 01:55 PM..

Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
No I have never been to Mexico. My son's best friend's family are mexican and we love and treat one another like family. They invited us to go with them during their visit 2 years ago, but I declined for several reasons:
(1)fear of the culture/crime and corruption; and (2) I do not speak spanish and feel that it would have been disrespectful to visit a host country while not being able to communicate independently.

From what I read on the internet and hear from news sources daily, I have no doubt that what you speak is the truth.

I have disagree with your timeline of US economic assistance to Mexico.

A couple of days ago the US released an additional $99 million to Mexico to fight the drug cartels.

Agreed.

It's unfortunate that the worst of mexico's nationals have come here illegally and brought with them all of their delusions of grandier, arrogance and false sense of ethnicity/raced based superiority, and financial co-dependency and tainted the image of mexicans for those of us who have never visited your country or formed an opinion of the majority of it's people. The ethnocentric racist groups (aka LaRaza, Lulac, Maldef being sponsored by our tax dollars and a few of our treasonous hispanic politicians demanding amnesty) merely serve to further fan the flames of raced based polarization and American anger.

At the end of the day, we agree in terms of those who are responsible for this ever growing state of discontent among the natives who are restless on both sides of our shared border and issues. Getting rid of all of them or at the very least making them understand that they are the problem and that they don't understand the people is a whole 'nother problem. I think I can safely say that the whole world will be cheering the day that Bush leaves office. I can proudly state that I never voted for him, so I refuse to take the rap for anything that has transpired in the White House during the past 8 years.

That being said: What does love and lighty mean

I'm sure your reply will be quite interesting.
oh that's just good vibes hehehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration