U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:46 AM

143 posts, read 263,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
IF they are "here" illegally, THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW, to begin with !

As well, they are reaping ALL of the rewards, of citizenship, AGAIN, JUST BY BEING HERE, and ILLEGALLY !

Do you think that POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF...they just appeared here, or something ? It was a calculated act...in ANY language !
Of course they broke the law to get here. Don't insinuate that because they got here illegally means they are constantly breaking other laws.

In another thread a poster made an excellent point how many immigrants a hundred years ago from europe came here illegally. They just spoke English and were able to blend in a little better.

Back to the original point - hold your government accountable! LIM wants to rant and rave about the illegals here but has nothing to say about the government that allows it to happen. I wonder why that is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM

9,905 posts, read 12,977,357 times
Quote:
That crimes go unpunished, doesn't make them less criminal.

I like that death punishment thing, for entering the country illegally....it would definitely put a damper on a lot of dreams, and probably work...after, of course, a few, illustrative carrying out of those death sentences.

Well, aren't you a lovely person for thinking that way even if you are kidding. Good thing most of the people in the country don't carry such vulgar feelings about other human beings.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
That crimes go unpunished, doesn't make them less criminal.

I like that death punishment thing, for entering the country illegally....it would definitely put a damper on a lot of dreams, and probably work...after, of course, a few, illustrative carrying out of those death sentences.
This post just proved what kind of person you are. Thank you for broadcasting it out to everyone. And you are the same person who thinks the SCPD compensation is perfectly OK. Yep... that explains it..

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Well, aren't you a lovely person for thinking that way even if you are kidding. Good thing most of the people in the country don't carry such vulgar feelings about other human beings.
My sentiments exactly... yikes. I really hope this guy is NOT a cop.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyc4582 View Post
This post just proved what kind of person you are. Thank you for broadcasting it out to everyone. And you are the same person who thinks the SCPD compensation is perfectly OK. Yep... that explains it..

LOL. Unbelievable.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,583,575 times
The government doesn't even want to reveal ANY information about the trillions it's been spending, to shore up our crashing economy, "why" would the enforce any other thing ?

This Bernie Madoff is free on bail AGAIN, after stealing BILLIONS of Dollars, and continually flouting the Law.

Is it ANY wonder, that OBAMA can't scare us into taking him seriously, when he talks about his plan ?

WHY do people, elect a person for change, when they don't believe what's going on, in the first place ?

When you have the answers to these questions, you will have the answer to YOUR question.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The government doesn't even want to reveal ANY information about the trillions it's been spending, to shore up our crashing economy, "why" would the enforce any other thing ?

This Bernie Madoff is free on bail AGAIN, after stealing BILLIONS of Dollars, and continually flouting the Law.

Is it ANY wonder, that OBAMA can't scare us into taking him seriously, when he talks about his plan ?

WHY do people, elect a person for change, when they don't believe what's going on, in the first place ?

When you have the answers to these questions, you will have the answer to YOUR question.

That's about the most clumsy attempt at a diversion I've ever seen.

Same guy who basically said that my family should not receive police services because I think that their salaries are too high. The rantings of a twisted individual.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:33 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,896,150 times
Quote:
Who is forwarding a theory? It is a fact - the far left refuses to call illegal immigrants by that name, choosing to just call them immigrants. There is no theory here, nor is anyone stating an organized leftist brigade is trying to change laws. I should have elaborated in my initial post for those of you who enjoy confrontation and would (and did) make an issue out of it. However don't put words in my mouth and when trying to stir the pot at least understand the context of the point, junior.

I'll repeat from my prior post:

"We can disagree without being insulting" - I have been on this board for a looooong time, and do not need to put up with obnoxious posters claiming I yearn for confrontation. Thanks for making this such a nice, constructive discussion group.

...the tone of this forum was at one point (as some of the long-time members can attest to) very negative and not constructive. You preferred to come out of the gate and start calling me "righteous", etc. I appreciate you further explaining your point regarding leftist, and simply disagree with you. The personal attacks are unnecessary and rude. And finally, moderator, this probably belongs in the politics/social issues forum at this point.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Actually, think about it.

It will put our country on par with theirs, so coming here would be a waste of time and energy.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
In another thread a poster made an excellent point how many immigrants a hundred years ago from europe came here illegally. They just spoke English and were able to blend in a little better.

YOU KNOW, MOST of these people ARE NOTHING, EVEN REMOTELY, interested in assimulating, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, as prior generations.

AND THIS IS EVERYWHERE, in every aspect of your life !

They will take our green money, but they want to remain separate from the rest of society.

What's in it for them, is AND HAS BEEN,is, "accomadation", for their language, and identity...i.e. to preserve their ability TO GET A FREE RIDE !

In addition, it has fostered a legacy of ENTITLEMENT !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration