Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:08 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,023,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
YOU KNOW, MOST of these people ARE NOTHING, EVEN REMOTELY, interested in assimulating, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, as prior generations.

AND THIS IS EVERYWHERE, in every aspect of your life !

They will take our green money, but they want to remain separate from the rest of society.

What's in it for them, is AND HAS BEEN,is, "accomadation", for their language, and identity...i.e. to preserve their ability TO GET A FREE RIDE !

In addition, it has fostered a legacy of ENTITLEMENT !
I think this guys meds ran out.

If this guy is a cop, that is truly frightening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 12:12 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,975,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

If you have lived in this area ANY AMOUNT OF TIME, you know what I am saying is the Truth.

I'm not shocking ANYONE here.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
If you have lived in this area ANY AMOUNT OF TIME, you know what I am saying is the Truth.

Did you take a class on "sweeping generalizations" at the academy?

Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 PM

143 posts, read 298,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
I'll repeat from my prior post:

"We can disagree without being insulting" - I have been on this board for a looooong time, and do not need to put up with obnoxious posters claiming I yearn for confrontation. Thanks for making this such a nice, constructive discussion group.

...the tone of this forum was at one point (as some of the long-time members can attest to) very negative and not constructive. You preferred to come out of the gate and start calling me "righteous", etc. I appreciate you further explaining your point regarding leftist, and simply disagree with you. The personal attacks are unnecessary and rude. And finally, moderator, this probably belongs in the politics/social issues forum at this point.
Excuse me, but where are the personal attacks? Don't take a condescending tone with someone and expect them to not give you one right back.

CNN.com - Thousands*march for immigrant rights - May 1, 2006

These marches were held all over the country and featured many signs stating "no one is illegal" and "immigrants are people too". When people refuse to acknowledge that an action is wrong, nothing will be done to correct that action. It's a very simple point that you've turned into a 6 post debate.

I agree that this thread probably doesn't belong in the LI forum.

Last edited by mikeyc4582; 01-12-2009 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-12-2009, 12:28 PM

143 posts, read 298,994 times
Quote:
No you are certainly not, officer.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,975,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

Look, come back with a point, we all can talk about, or deal with your "Cop" paranoia with a licensed therapist.

Personal attacks are NOT going to push this topic forward.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Look, come back with a point, we all can talk about, or deal with your "Cop" paranoia with a licensed therapist.

Personal attacks are NOT going to push this topic forward.
Neither are sweeping generalizations about no one wanting to assimilate, or supporting capital punishment for illegal immigrants.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM

8,810 posts, read 21,266,065 times
Okay. I'll move it to the IMMIGRATION FORUM which I probably should have done awhile ago.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,141 times
Again, if anyone would like to speak on the record about their feelings on this issue, please direct message me. It is of great importance to me to have the voices of Suffolk County residents in my piece.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:22 PM

4 posts, read 9,608 times
I am so sick of ceratin americans who feel the need to blame illegal immigrants for everything that is wrong in this country right now.if you speak with irish and italians fromour grandfather's generations ,they will tell you that coming to this country wasn't a choice it was a necessity for their family's future but laws were different then right? I agree if you are here illegally and you commit a felony then you should be deported immediately.I have met some good illegals immigrants and since 9/11 life has been hard for them because everything demands a license or govt ID so irish were prejudiced against so were the italians but for some reasons allother races are unworthy or unacceptable for us who are we again?Leader of the free world wow! let's really redefine that if we want to kick all these people out ok
I know that the right wing radio talk show hosts and programing are raging a war against illegal immigrant hoping that this will fix the economy well that will neither solve the problem it's no quick fixes .it took 8yrs to ruin it it'll take more than that to fix it.
Have you travelled to other places around the world to experience and appreciate other cultures .I am amazed at the lack of educated knowledge and facts on this issue so..
please use good moral judgements and use common sense as well.
The economy is forcing people to point and blame of course as usual who gets blames the little guy ,the mexicans,the ones who are making 200 bucks a week cleaning toilets ,wiping our babies butss and cooking for our fat bellies,give me a break!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration