U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:24 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

The suspect, 19-year-old Juan Vasquez, was arrested early this morning on suspicion of the murders of two teenage males at a park in the Cimarron Hills area, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Lari Sevene said.

Vasquez is being held in the El Paso County jail on an immigration hold placed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, jail records show. He is due to appear in court Monday. An arrest affidavit is not available.

The victims were 17 and 18 and attended Sierra High School and New Horizon School, Sevene said. Their names are being withheld until autopsies are finished.

Sand Creek High drawn into double-slaying probe | school, investigators, park - Top Stories - Gazette.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 04:41 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Kids these days. I don't know what's wrong with them. Reminds me of this story:
Killed Over Jordans | Hypebeast

and this one

http://chucksconnection.com/articles...your-life.html

Crazy kids. I'm going to teach my kids not to be so materialistic.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:01 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Kids these days. I don't know what's wrong with them. Reminds me of this story:
Killed Over Jordans | Hypebeast

and this one

Your Sneakers or Your Life

Crazy kids. I'm going to teach my kids not to be so materialistic.
In other words, since we have homegrown murderers, we shouldn’t have a problem with illegal aliens killing our citizens. The fact that the illegal shouldn’t be here is totally irrelevant.

I guess you would have no problem if a neighborhood kid stole your car for a joy ride and crashed it, given that your son (with your permission) drove your car and caused an accident. It makes perfect sense to me. They both resulted in a collision.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, since we have homegrown murderers, we shouldn’t have a problem with illegal aliens killing our citizens. The fact that the illegal shouldn’t be here is totally irrelevant.

I guess you would have no problem if a neighborhood kid stole your car for a joy ride and crashed it, given that your son (with your permission) drove your car and caused an accident. It makes perfect sense to me. They both resulted in a collision.
Who said anything about illegal aliens? I read that he had an immigration hold? Did see anything confirming illegal status. Might've missed it.

I was just relating it to some stories I remembered.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about illegal aliens? I read that he had an immigration hold? Did see anything confirming illegal status. Might've missed it.

I was just relating it to some stories I remembered.
If I'm not mistaken, they don't place "immigration holds" on legal citizens. Of course, I'm not in law enforcement, so I could be wrong.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, they don't place "immigration holds" on legal citizens. Of course, I'm not in law enforcement, so I could be wrong.
Not legal citizens(there's no illegal citizens), but legal immigrants.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Pardon me, you are absolutely correct. A citizen is just that -- a legal resident of this country; whereas an illegal alien is not a citizen, but an interloper. We have both legal and illegal "immigrants" but we only have legal citizens.

Of course you knew perfectly well what I meant. However, if it made your day to correct me, I'm glad I could help.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Well as a CI, I can attest to the fact that they DO NOT place immigration holds on legal immigrants or citizens. Your assessment is correct, said gang banger is indeed an illegal alien.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:39 PM

6 posts, read 10,277 times
Quote:
Nice observation.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Well as a CI, I can attest to the fact that they DO NOT place immigration holds on legal immigrants or citizens. Your assessment is correct, said gang banger is indeed an illegal alien.
Thanks, JDubs. I didn't think they placed an immigration hold on anyone with a legal presence in this country. Of course, rather than address the issue, or provide proof to refute my comments, I received a technicality lesson.

Too bad they aren’t as ‘technical’ with the Rule of Law. You know, according to them, illegal aliens aren’t really illegal, they're “undocumented.” They also aren’t ‘technically’ criminals, because most are only guilty of illegally entering this country. They may use stolen and fake SSN’s, but that’s only because they are forced to due to our unfair immigration laws.

Then again, DREAMies are students, and students are usually required to be technical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration