U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
 
608 posts, read 886,486 times
Reputation: 64

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post
Mexico is already controlled by the drug cartels. Violence is on the way up. We should have invaded Mexico not Iraq. Calderon does not care if his country loses 20 million poor people. Their health care system is already in deep trouble as reported last year by the Mexican press. The Mexican Mafia (MM) has already committed kidnappings in this country. Our politicians need to stop listening to the 'poor us' diatribe being delivered by La Raza.
US citizens who are illegal drug users supporting cartels who bribe Mexican law enforcement and politicians and kidnap or kill those in the way in order to get the drugs to the US. We are always quick to invade while at the same time constantly blinded to cause and effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,854,484 times
Reputation: 3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
US citizens who are illegal drug users supporting cartels who bribe Mexican law enforcement and politicians and kidnap or kill those in the way in order to get the drugs to the US. We are always quick to invade while at the same time constantly blinded to cause and effect.
Not sure about the other illicit drugs; but; Meth use down dramatically here in the USA-----------which may explain in large part Mexico's growing implosion due to the drug dealers dumping their stock.

Mix machismo, machine guns and Meth and one has a nasty 'cocktail' for socio-economic ruin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 11:54 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,961,544 times
Reputation: 1094
While I agree that the US is guilty of invasions of other countries (i.e. Iraq) and illegal drug users in the US bare some responsibility for the presence of the drug cartels monsters invading and infiltrating this country with illegal tunnels and drugs, it does not justify them or 20 million illegal alien mexicans spilling over our borders, squatting, raping, killing Americans and demanding amnesty all while bankrupting this country morally, financially and culturally. The two are separate and very unequal scenarios.

Two wrongs have never equalled right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 PM
 
608 posts, read 886,486 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While I agree that the US is guilty of invasions of other countries (i.e. Iraq) and illegal drug users in the US bare some responsibility for the presence of the drug cartels monsters invading and infiltrating this country with illegal tunnels and drugs, it does not justify them or 20 million illegal alien mexicans spilling over our borders, squatting, raping, killing Americans and bankrupting this country. The two are separate and very unequal scenarios.

Two wrongs have never equalled right.
You are correct that it does not justify but they are related. Two wrongs don't make a right but the economics and tentacles of illegal drug trade are intertwined. Remember, if police and political figures are not bribed they can instead place their energies on performing their intended purpose and protecting and appeasing their constituents. We would still have illegal immigration but one has to wonder what our countries would be like without the influences of this billion dollar unofficial industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
 
608 posts, read 886,486 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not sure about the other illicit drugs; but; Meth use down dramatically here in the USA-----------which may explain in large part Mexico's growing implosion due to the drug dealers dumping their stock.

Mix machismo, machine guns and Meth and one has a nasty 'cocktail' for socio-economic ruin.
Meth is just one illegal drug. The number one supplier of pot to the US is Mexico. With US sentiment toward illegal use of pot relaxing, why do you think the Cartels are fighting over territory along the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 01:33 PM
 
1,218 posts, read 3,603,088 times
Reputation: 1146
This should help keep illegal scum from continuing to pollute our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
 
117 posts, read 133,014 times
Reputation: 53
We have B2 bombers. We have K1 sats we have the best military in the world. Use them to eliminate the threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,854,484 times
Reputation: 3787
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Meth is just one illegal drug. The number one supplier of pot to the US is Mexico. With US sentiment toward illegal use of pot relaxing, why do you think the Cartels are fighting over territory along the border.
As long as the cartels stay south of our border that is one thing..........if they attempt to pull their crap here in the States-----------there will be hell to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:38 PM
 
117 posts, read 133,014 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As long as the cartels stay south of our border that is one thing..........if they attempt to pull their crap here in the States-----------there will be hell to pay.
If a rat lives in your basement is it okay as long as it never comes up to your kitchen? Go kill the rats in their dens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Yac
 
5,893 posts, read 6,354,217 times
2 threads merged, though I'm tempted to move this out of immigration as the topic touches more issues than just this one.
For the time being it will stay here.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top