U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I agree with Vlad, let's assume for a minute that we have 2,000,000 Mexicans in the US and even if only 10% of them were to riot or carry out some form of insurgency in response to an invasion of Mexico that would still be over 200,000 people and 200,000 angry people can do ALOT of damage. Im sure we have even more then that and then of course we have all the other illegals and the apologists looking to get back at the hated Gringos.

A better bet would be to fortify the Mexican border with a series of little mini forts every 12 miles or so manned by a 1 or 2 companies of infantry, a battery of M198 155mm howitzers and some engineers, medical and logistics assets, etc ... basically sort of like the Firebase concept in Vietnam. We would then have additional forces held in reserve behind the lines to provide the muscle to push back any incursions and to provide mobile patrols along the border itself as well as all the logistical aspects.
This sounds like a very viable solution to this invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Richmond, VA (Amarillo, TX in 2009)
35 posts, read 65,887 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
The number one supplier of pot to the US is Mexico.
Legalize pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
 
117 posts, read 132,057 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuimanu View Post
Legalize pot.
how about we make drug smuggling and sales a death penalty offence instead. We might not stop it all but we will remove some bad DNA from the gene pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,953,730 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
how about we make drug smuggling and sales a death penalty offence instead. We might not stop it all but we will remove some bad DNA from the gene pool.
That wouldn't work without totally changing the US Constitution and throwing out our democratic republican system in favor of Sharia law or Communism, and building concentration camps and embarking on genocide. And I would hope NO American would want those things. That "cure" would be worse than the problem.

The death penalty for drug dealers hasn't stopped China and Iran from having drug problems, and those are totalitarian societies - why would anyone think that would work in the US which is an open democratic society ? OTOH legalization schemes have reduced drug crimes where they have been tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2009, 12:46 AM
 
2 posts, read 1,727 times
Reputation: 10
Angry US is involved already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This is just the way I feel about any situation involving our military getting involved in the Mexican drug war. We already have our troops in to many dangerous places and frankly, this is a Mexican problem and the Mexican authorities should handle it. With all of the corporate cash flowing into Mexico they should be more than able to train and arm a formidible fighting force to combat the drug lords.

We have enough problems with our own without adding Mexican affairs. So as long as we keep it on our side of the fence, I am all for our military actually protecting our borders for a change. But there should be absolutely no incursions into Mexico. We simply can't afford to try and police the world all by ourselves. Countries like Mexico and Columbia simply need to step up their efforts to thwart these drug cartels and ferret out the corrupt government officials who make it impossible to properly combat their drug problems.
your may think that the Us has nothing to do with our current problem and that the only thing they do is just protect you from drug cartels but your wrong the drug cartels keep fighting because we do not let them do their busines and their business is cross drug to the US and come back with the money and the US knows about it. oh and also your commentary about having formidable fighting forces trained (dont you think we already did that) actually right the trained forces are now corrupt and paid by the the drug lords not to get in their plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2009, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican101 View Post
your may think that the Us has nothing to do with our current problem and that the only thing they do is just protect you from drug cartels but your wrong the drug cartels keep fighting because we do not let them do their busines and their business is cross drug to the US and come back with the money and the US knows about it. oh and also your commentary about having formidable fighting forces trained (dont you think we already did that) actually right the trained forces are now corrupt and paid by the the drug lords not to get in their plans.
Try again.

Yes; some US agents are corrupted, but the majority of them are making life a living hell for the cartels.

Besides: the worst thing that the cartels would be to attack Americans here in the USA------------that would be war. And we all what would happen next: Draconian profiling of suspected illegal aliens and many other vicious (but legal) tricks to punish them severely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,727 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

Yes; some US agents are corrupted, but the majority of them are making life a living hell for the cartels.

Besides: the worst thing that the cartels would be to attack Americans here in the USA------------that would be war. And we all what would happen next: Draconian profiling of suspected illegal aliens and many other vicious (but legal) tricks to punish them severely.
why are americans so damn important it doesnt matter wether you were born here or there that doesnt make you important your still a human that has a life and here we lose people that are exactly like you every minute so what makes you americans so damn special huh? did god cam from heaven and told you were the most important people on the planet? besides war wouldnt come up because war is a fight between two countries and countries dont attack themselves in other ways of saying it draug cartels arent part of our country but they are its enemy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post
Mexico is already controlled by the drug cartels. Violence is on the way up. We should have invaded Mexico not Iraq. Calderon does not care if his country loses 20 million poor people. Their health care system is already in deep trouble as reported last year by the Mexican press. The Mexican Mafia (MM) has already committed kidnappings in this country. Our politicians need to stop listening to the 'poor us' diatribe being delivered by La Raza.
Hallelujah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
Reputation: 1270
Mexico is looking like the new Columbia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican101 View Post
why are americans so damn important it doesnt matter wether you were born here or there that doesnt make you important your still a human that has a life and here we lose people that are exactly like you every minute so what makes you americans so damn special huh? did god cam from heaven and told you were the most important people on the planet? besides war wouldnt come up because war is a fight between two countries and countries dont attack themselves in other ways of saying it draug cartels arent part of our country but they are its enemy
What the heck are you talking about? Since when do Americans think they are more important than anyone else? This is about illegal immigration and our laws. So having them is making oneself more important than others across the planet? Maybe you should also be talking to Mexico and other countries about their immigration laws flaunting "self-importance" then. The rest of your post about drug cartels didn't make any sense at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top