U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2009, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,900,035 times
Reputation: 226

Advertisements

Has anyone heard anything new? It's as if the story has completely disappeared.

Everyone seems to have cut ties to this story including the Minuteman Project.

What do you guys think of these kinds of smear tactics by anti-illegals? Why the fraud? Is this a sign of desperation by these groups to hold on to relevancy? To gain support for their agenda, and gain clout?

The funniest thing is how all the anti-illegal types jump on articles like this and exploit them.

Immigration Talk with a Mexican American: Defunct Minuteman Groups Are Crying for Attention!

Notice how all the links in the first paragraph are now shut down.

 
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
Sorry, canít help. I have no knowledge of this person.
 
Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,900,035 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, can’t help. I have no knowledge of this person.
What does the situation say to you though?

Here's the original post that this is a follow up to, for your convenience.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...-attacked.html
 
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
What does the situation say to you though?

Here's the original post that this is a follow up to, for your convenience.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...-attacked.html
I guess time will tell. It could be another hoax.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
 
3 posts, read 5,045 times
Reputation: 11
HeraldNet: Trouble finds Shawna Forde and Immigration Clearinghouse Shawna is a fraud, con, thief and liar.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 12:58 PM
 
Location: USA
200 posts, read 299,563 times
Reputation: 66
Never heard of her.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
 
608 posts, read 881,514 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Has anyone heard anything new? It's as if the story has completely disappeared.

Everyone seems to have cut ties to this story including the Minuteman Project.

What do you guys think of these kinds of smear tactics by anti-illegals? Why the fraud? Is this a sign of desperation by these groups to hold on to relevancy? To gain support for their agenda, and gain clout?

The funniest thing is how all the anti-illegal types jump on articles like this and exploit them.

Immigration Talk with a Mexican American: Defunct Minuteman Groups Are Crying for Attention!

Notice how all the links in the first paragraph are now shut down.
Oh I remember this very well. She is pathetic if not insane. Sorry, story just didn't make sense or add up.
 
Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,875,055 times
Reputation: 6156
Hi - saw the headline show up on the main Politics page and wanted to chime in that I do hope Shawna's not gone, because she's not forgotten. From time to time I look around for new Shawna stories in the news but since she got shot in that alley by the Mystery Assailants there's been nothing. Also last I looked she's scrubbed her site and her Minuteman forum of everything related to the late excitement.

update! - here is a message from Shawna on her site, which seems like something Sarah Palin would write: ShawnaFordeStatement

I suppose the police are keeping the file open on her husband's shooting, so maybe one day there'll be a break in that case.
 
Old 03-07-2009, 09:24 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,875,055 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by laollis View Post
HeraldNet: Trouble finds Shawna Forde and Immigration Clearinghouse Shawna is a fraud, con, thief and liar.
That HeraldNet story is very sad. Poor Shawna.
 
Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 AM
 
Location: Yuma,AZ
6 posts, read 14,283 times
Reputation: 12
She murdered a 9 year old girl and her father during a home invasion in Arivaca, Arizona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top