Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:58 PM

354 posts, read 324,936 times

Advertisements

'Under Cobb's proposal, a house must have at least 390 square feet of "total
building square footage" for each adult resident and for each car parked
overnight. It also would limit the people living in a home to one family or
two or fewer unrelated adults and their children and/or grandchildren.'

Cobb officials want to ban home crowding (broken link)

This is a really good thing and I hope to see more and more counties passing these type of laws and regulations to stop the invasions of illegals into their counties and the damage that they do to most areas they move into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
'Under Cobb's proposal, a house must have at least 390 square feet of "total
building square footage" for each adult resident and for each car parked
overnight. It also would limit the people living in a home to one family or
two or fewer unrelated adults and their children and/or grandchildren.'

Cobb officials want to ban home crowding (broken link)

This is a really good thing and I hope to see more and more counties passing these type of laws and regulations to stop the invasions of illegals into their counties and the damage that they do to most areas they move into.
These “Clown Houses” are common in CA. It isn’t unusual to have 30+ adults living in less than 1500 sqft. I hope the people in GA get a handle on it before the ACLU and local government turn it into a sanctuary city. Once that happens it’s all over, nothing you can do but move.
There is some legislation in NC to crack down on illegals, at least they are trying to do something unlike CA where illegals control the local governments.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:31 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
They should pass similar legislation about how many of them can be in or around a 7-11 at one time. If I want to know how many illegals are at the local Zippy Mart, I just count the lowriders in the parking lot and multiply by 12. No wonder they have such a big issue with shoplifting there. Those illegals love their Mountain Dew and Bugles, but paying for them is a different story...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
How about cars and trucks next. I was at Olive Garden in Huntsville a few weeks ago and there must of been about 20-22 illegals all cramming into an SUV. They also had a baby in a car carrier that they put in the back, i saw them lift up the hatch and placed the carrier on someones lap. There were a ton of people back there laying on the floor on top of each other!!

Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
I hope they actually enforce the law. Many counties already have similar laws on the books and they aren't enforced.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 PM

324 posts, read 1,707,099 times
I think that is a great proposal. In Santa Rosa that is one way people are buying up the neighborhoods. Putting 15 people in a house, littering the street with children and cars. Glad small little Cobb is trying to do something. Now on to the bigger cities.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 AM

180 posts, read 122,073 times
How about laws to prevent urban sprawl and the uncontrolled ownership of gas-guzzling SUVs?

Old 08-01-2007, 06:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
I feel very badly for people who own homes in the neighborhoods where this 'overcrowding' occurs. Once there are a couple of houses with way too many people living in them on the block, I suspect the value of everyone else's home takes a nosedive. Homeowners who have kept their yards neat and tidy and their homes well maintained probably end up having to sell for alot less money than they could have gotten.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:30 AM

354 posts, read 324,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I feel very badly for people who own homes in the neighborhoods where this 'overcrowding' occurs. Once there are a couple of houses with way too many people living in them on the block, I suspect the value of everyone else's home takes a nosedive. Homeowners who have kept their yards neat and tidy and their homes well maintained probably end up having to sell for alot less money than they could have gotten.
You are so right of course. It is terrible when they start moving in and absolutely do a complete destruction on the housing values because of the way they live. All of this on top of the fact that they are illegal. They should not even be allowed to own any kind of property. I would like to see the same type of laws and rules for immigration and how to treat illegals like Mexico. It is completely wrong for our country to allow any foreigners to buy up any property.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
I would think it is hard to enforce the density laws because they sleep and are in the house in shifts. (at least here) They are rarely all in the house at one time. The houses should have revolving door. You would have to work pretty hard to catch them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration