Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM

411 posts, read 468,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I remember Geraldo Rivera said the main reason Barack won the election is because over 70% of registered Hispanic voters came out to vote for him. I doubt very much that Obama's Hispanic support would have been that high if they saw him as a man who is tough on cracking down on illegal immigration. They would have called Obama a racist and would have just stayed home and not bothered to vote at all if they thought that Barack Hussein Obama was going to politically get in bed with groups like the Minutemen.
Officially hispanic support for Obama was above 75%, the result a hispanic supreme court judge, and an upcoming amnesty.
The lesson is quite clear; whoever wants to win national elections better get the important hispanic vote, or else........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM

291 posts, read 414,003 times
GOOOH | Get Out of Our House: A non-partisan political party!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 PM

291 posts, read 414,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Officially hispanic support for Obama was above 75%, the result a hispanic supreme court judge, and an upcoming amnesty.
The lesson is quite clear; whoever wants to win national elections better get the important hispanic vote, or else........
Man you need to know the plans both l/r have for us!

All this crap is desinged for divison.. help yourselfs quick.. the entiltements are gone. sorry no more pesos! cant get blood out of a rock

cry, yell. whine..... scream .. cant get my money!

I do love how strong Americans are still ! vote nah.. only if you all finally pay your way and live the laws of the land. Most will leave due to weakness and the love of mexico! yeah...Q via los los bummers!

whine.. jaj ....

Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Man you need to know the plans both l/r have for us!

All this crap is desinged for divison.. help yourselfs quick.. the entiltements are gone. sorry no more pesos! cant get blood out of a rock

cry, yell. whine..... scream .. cant get my money!

I do love how strong Americans are still ! vote nah.. only if you all finally pay your way and live the laws of the land. Most will leave due to weakness and the love of mexico! yeah...Q via los los bummers!

whine.. jaj ....
Totally agree with you!!!, this is the land of opportunity, whiners, lazy bums etc, will not make it here, people come here to workm study and prosper, whoever stays behind loses, thay's what happens to a lot of people that think that somehow they are entitled to the good life because they are born to x or y situations.....

Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
African-American leaders lash out at English-only plan | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

If not pandering to people who wont learn the language makes one "out of step" that's cool with me.
Part of the Natrualization Process has always been a working understanding of the English Language.

While I've always welcomed LEGAL Immigrants with open arms, they can damn well learn the language.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Part of the Natrualization Process has always been a working understanding of the English Language.

While I've always welcomed LEGAL Immigrants with open arms, they can damn well learn the language.
Not unreasonable.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:28 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,189,652 times
Since this thread's been resurrected, I'll tell ya how Nashville's "English-only" proposal went--

it failed. Not surprisingly, the Hispanic community and business community came out against it and threatened boycotts of buisness if it passed, consequently, many businesses' knees buckled and they came out against it.

Business as usual in Music Citay...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Since this thread's been resurrected, I'll tell ya how Nashville's "English-only" proposal went--

it failed. Not surprisingly, the Hispanic community and business community came out against it and threatened boycotts of buisness if it passed, consequently, many businesses' knees buckled and they came out against it.

Business as usual in Music Citay...
Like I mentioned above, we live a new political reality in the usa, hispanics are a huge unified group that will sway elections one way or the other, and politicians are already aware of this fact....

Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Like I mentioned above, we live a new political reality in the usa, hispanics are a huge unified group that will sway elections one way or the other, and politicians are already aware of this fact....
Not here in Arizona: so-called 'Hispanic' power is waning as more and more illegals are being run off. Losing 30-50% of the above criminals tends to weaken one's base of support.

Too: many Americans of 'Hispanic' lineage are quite anti illegal immigration to boot.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
well illegals don't vote anyways so they as a constituency don't matter to most politicians. Most hispanics in Florida are legal ( Cuban, Puerto rican, Brazilians, Argentinians) and we fought this English only non sense in Miami over 30 years ago and it lost too. I usually don't come to this forum since it is titled ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION but threads like these just proves how this sub forum is just an excuse to bash hispanics of any kind which is kind of insulting since I'm a hispanic who happened to be born here.
Nevertheless I'll let y'all get back to your racist prejudist views. Tata!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration