U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-11-2009, 06:45 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,106,589 times
Reputation: 1095

Advertisements

After calling police about the abandoned car, the homeowners said dispatchers suggested they call a towing company to have it removed, since the vehicle was on private property.

As they waited for the wrecker to arrive, the couple searched for records to identify the owner.

They opened the trunk to discover the man’s body inside.

The medical examiner would not be able to confirm until Monday Hernandez-Garcia’s cause of death. Police said he had been dead less than 24 hours when his body was discovered.

Texas City Police Capt. Brian Goetschius said Hernandez-Garcia had been deported at least once, possibly twice. He had also been arrested twice this year by Texas City police for driving without a license and in November was arrested on a charge of public intoxication.

The Galveston County Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2009, 06:48 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,106,589 times
Reputation: 1095
Default Mystery surrounds life, death of illegal immigrant

In trying to find Garcia’s killer or killers, investigators have been frustrated by the world the illegal immigrant lived in.

He had no driver’s license, no rental agreement or lease in his name and his mobile phone account was under someone else’s name, police said. The Mitsubishi Galant he purchased in November was not in his name.

Police confirmed through federal immigration officials that Hernandez-Garcia had been deported from the United States twice, in 2003 and again in 2005. There are indications in the records obtained by the Texas City police that Hernandez-Garcia had also been deported before 2003.

Outside of those deportations, he did not have an extensive criminal record.

***********
How? As best as police can tell, Hernandez-Garcia was somewhat of a Don Juan, befriending or romancing women who would in turn help him.

After bouncing from one friend’s house to another, Hernandez-Garcia settled down in an apartment at the Velami complex. He lived there with “a sickly woman, who he would do odds and ends for,” Goetschius said.

No one answered the door of that apartment when The Daily News visited.

Another woman bought a mobile phone for him, and yet another woman was in the process of obtaining car insurance for him so he could transfer the title of the Galant, likely into her name, police said.

“He seemed to be a likable man for these women,” Goetschius said.




Tip line Anyone with information about the murder of Abisai Hernandez-Garcia should call Texas City Crime Stoppers at 409-948-8477. The identity of the caller will remain confidential.

The Galveston County Daily News


This is sad. I'm sure if he has any family, they obviously have no idea that this man is dead. While this is a tragedy it should serve as a reminder that when you are illegally present in another country and using multiple names and identities, this is a part of your reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,321,589 times
Reputation: 2245
being found dead in a trunk can happen to anyone. a childhood friend of mine was found in his own trunk in early 2007. he wasnt an illegal and the cops still had a hard time piecing together his story. a bad "business" deal.

this could have also been a case of this guy messing with someones sister, girlfriend, mom, etc. to many factors to consider.

nce touch tryin to link it to immigration. nice.

its a sad story none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
In trying to find Garcia’s killer or killers, investigators have been frustrated by the world the illegal immigrant lived in.

He had no driver’s license, no rental agreement or lease in his name and his mobile phone account was under someone else’s name, police said. The Mitsubishi Galant he purchased in November was not in his name.

Police confirmed through federal immigration officials that Hernandez-Garcia had been deported from the United States twice, in 2003 and again in 2005. There are indications in the records obtained by the Texas City police that Hernandez-Garcia had also been deported before 2003.

Outside of those deportations, he did not have an extensive criminal record.

***********
How? As best as police can tell, Hernandez-Garcia was somewhat of a Don Juan, befriending or romancing women who would in turn help him.

After bouncing from one friend’s house to another, Hernandez-Garcia settled down in an apartment at the Velami complex. He lived there with “a sickly woman, who he would do odds and ends for,” Goetschius said.

No one answered the door of that apartment when The Daily News visited.

Another woman bought a mobile phone for him, and yet another woman was in the process of obtaining car insurance for him so he could transfer the title of the Galant, likely into her name, police said.

“He seemed to be a likable man for these women,” Goetschius said.




Tip line Anyone with information about the murder of Abisai Hernandez-Garcia should call Texas City Crime Stoppers at 409-948-8477. The identity of the caller will remain confidential.

The Galveston County Daily News


This is sad. I'm sure if he has any family, they obviously have no idea that this man is dead. While this is a tragedy it should serve as a reminder that when you are illegally present in another country and using multiple names and identities, this is a part of your reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 PM
 
35 posts, read 68,535 times
Reputation: 75
How is this not related to illegal immigration? The story is about an illegal immigrant who had been deported at least twice.... Where should this be? Should we relocate it to the "Poor Dead Guy In Trunk" forum? Yes, that is a popular board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,106,589 times
Reputation: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToAU View Post
How is this not related to illegal immigration? The story is about an illegal immigrant who had been deported at least twice.... Where should this be? Should we relocate it to the "Poor Dead Guy In Trunk" forum? Yes, that is a popular board.
The illegals who frequent this board whine about everything. Ignore him, it's simply a childish game they play in the hopes of agitating others. They realize that if they have an issue with what is posted that there is a report button.

As for what you you stated: I totally agree, it has everything to do with illegal aliens/immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,386,974 times
Reputation: 454
and to cap off why its an illegal immigration issue, Jdub states that because he has used so many aliases that the police cant notify the deceaseds family. nice find jdub. aliases, deportation, known illegal immigrant.... yep belongs in the immigration forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,833,491 times
Reputation: 946
It is my honor 2 rep you on that one!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,106,589 times
Reputation: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
and to cap off why its an illegal immigration issue, Jdub states that because he has used so many aliases that the police cant notify the deceaseds family. nice find jdub. aliases, deportation, known illegal immigrant.... yep belongs in the immigration forum.
Thanks Ciaerin. The multiple identities are obviously a problem in terms of ascertaining who this now deceased romeo is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 10,106,589 times
Reputation: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
It is my honor 2 rep you on that one!!
Back at ya jjwebbster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,321,589 times
Reputation: 2245
there are illegals here? how do you know?

for someone who has me on their ignore list, you share are a fan of mine!

anyhow. this is only slightly tied to immigration. because it was an immigrant in the trunk. but the intersection of factors in this story are many many many.

small minds dont really understand that and choose to focus on one facet of the story. the one that best suits their particular agenda.

this guy might very well have been a CASSANOVA! that probaly did him in. did his aliases hinder the investigation? sure, but so does not having an ID on hand. so does having your hands cut off.
man watch the 1st 48, its a great show and you learn a lot about crime and its intircacies.

this reminds me of a case they had.

PS> thanks for being so loyal JDM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The illegals who frequent this board whine about everything. Ignore him, it's simply a childish game they play in the hopes of agitating others. They realize that if they have an issue with what is posted that there is a report button.

As for what you you stated: I totally agree, it has everything to do with illegal aliens/immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:33 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top