Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
It does matter when accusing people of identity theft when they may not be committing it.
Even HARDER accusing someone of identity theft when they could be any one of 6 or 8 different people....including ME....and they have the papers to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Most illegal aliens? Is that for sure?
Are you counting the number of illegal aliens who didn't sneak into their country, who actually are here illegally because their visas have expired?
Or those who just make up a number for a job that doesn't really care too much about their identity?
Ok, let’s count those visa overstays, and those creative geniuses who “make up” an SSN. Let’s even count those working off the books. If they have overstayed a visa, they are ineligible to work in this country. Thus, they are either using a stolen or fake SSN, or have ‘borrowed’ the total identity of a legal resident of this country.

It they have “made up” an SSN, they are guilty of fraud. But hey, that’s not really that bad, is it? After all, we have plenty of U.S. citizens who are fraudsters.

The ‘good’ people working under the table are guilty of tax evasion (federal offense) and are stealing services being paid for by the taxes withheld from legal employees. Their paltry sales tax is a mere drop in the bucket, and they get that back tenfold.

They are ALL thieves.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:08 PM

117 posts, read 152,101 times
Quote:
It does matter when accusing people of identity theft when they may not be committing it.
To me a thief is a thief. What does it matter what they steal? They are still a thief.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
To me a thief is a thief. What does it matter what they steal? They are still a thief.
There's people stealing gum, and there's people stealing children. But a thief is a thief.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 PM

9 posts, read 10,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
If you talk to a bank robber about why s/he steals from a bank, they'll tell you that they need the money. If you ask an illegal immigrant why they're in the US, they'll tell you they can't find work in their own country. They're stealing benefits and jobs. Please tell me what's the difference.
The bank teller doesn't voluntarily hand over the money.

In the case of the U.S: the government willingly gives food stamps, free health care and a host of other benefits to illegal aliens.

If I had no job in my home country and the U.S government offered me free food and health care (which citizens do not even get) I would come to.

Until our elected officials stop promoting illegal alien through welfare benefits, they will continue to come.

Should we blame the people who accept the free gifts which puts us in this situation or those who continue to give them?

Old 01-12-2009, 08:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:

There's people stealing gum, and there's people stealing children. But a thief is a thief.
How do you equate stealing gum to what illegals do? They steal billions.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:15 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How do you equate stealing gum to what illegals do? They steal billions.
If you added up every child in the world who stole, you would see they steal quite a bit of dollars also

In my personal opinion, I'd rather my tax dollars didn't go to anybody. I don't think illegals or legals should recieve help from the government :P

Old 01-13-2009, 05:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
If you added up every child in the world who stole, you would see they steal quite a bit of dollars also

In my personal opinion, I'd rather my tax dollars didn't go to anybody. I don't think illegals or legals should recieve help from the government :P
We agree on this 100%

Old 01-13-2009, 04:36 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
What's the difference between bank robbery and illegal immigration?

The bank robbery is typically only money and only once. The illegery is typically far more of a negative impact. Some of the money from the robbery will end up back in circulation and some of it will even be paid in sales tax. The illegery money will end up in another country. We are done with the robbery. The damage from the illegery is only beginning. The illegal will spew out illeglets for thousands more in costs at a hospital. Next they will enroll in school for more thousands per year. Soon entire schools that should not even exist are built for millions. Next prison hospitals are built for billions. Finally we are in debt for trillions.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:46 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Ironic, i'm a bank teller and a staunch anti-illegal.

- In the bank robbery, it is not really MY money i'm losing. With illegal immigration, it's my tax dollars that are in the toilet and wont help citizens and legal immigrants much.

- With a bank robbery if i've been robbed once it is extremely unlikely i'll be robbed again. With illegal immigration i'll suffer the effects (sucky schools, higher car insurance rates, rising crime) over and over again.

- The bank robbers will be much easier to track down (with all the security devices) than the 12-38 million illegals in the US.

- The bank robber only wants the cash, illegals want anything they can get their hands on.

I'm not saying i would wish to go through a bank robbery than living in an illegal alien cesspool (actually if i got robbed with where i live i would still be living in an illegal alien cesspool.) But bank robbery would be an one-time thing while illegal immigration is an ongoing thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration