U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 PM
 
124 posts, read 476,676 times
Reputation: 119

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I would 'grow a pair' and fight for my rights as an American.

Again; my sympathy towards Mexico's failure as a society is zero.

As it stands: Mx is showing the classic signs of collapse.
As I said in other thread... you and many "anti - illegals" need to grew a pair, but a good, functioning pair, so you can go to your leaders and demand what you think is right to be done against illegals.

Demand your borders sealed. Demand every illegal person to be deported immediatelly and their possesions seized. Demand for your precious english language to be the oficial one in the USA and ban people to use any other language. Demand that every business that caters to illegals be closed down.... demand what you like the most... but do something for real instead of sitting on your fat butt all day long bashing Mexico and its culture, people and customs. Stop looking down on people and using every opportunity you have to feel superior because you know your exact chemical composition. Not everyone in Mexico falls in the stereotype you and many on this forum lumps us in. Not everyone wants to migrate as an illegal.

If the USA is cramped with illegals, blame your country leaders, blame your greedy corporations, blame those who gave them jobs, freebies, food stamps and the like.

Go and defend your country in a practical way, not behind your keyboard.

Do something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Garland Texas
3,081 posts, read 6,602,628 times
Reputation: 2101
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post

Do the Hispanic immigrants of today destroy neighborhoods, or do they move to neglected neighborhoods?
Actually I think they clean up the neighborhoods that another ethnic group destroys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
16,416 posts, read 25,200,334 times
Reputation: 16464
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Actually I think they clean up the neighborhoods that another ethnic group destroys.

If they were to live in Miami they would realize how true this quote is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxtronics View Post
As I said in other thread... you and many "anti - illegals" need to grew a pair, but a good, functioning pair, so you can go to your leaders and demand what you think is right to be done against illegals.

Demand your borders sealed. Demand every illegal person to be deported immediatelly and their possesions seized. Demand for your precious english language to be the oficial one in the USA and ban people to use any other language. Demand that every business that caters to illegals be closed down.... demand what you like the most... but do something for real instead of sitting on your fat butt all day long bashing Mexico and its culture, people and customs. Stop looking down on people and using every opportunity you have to feel superior because you know your exact chemical composition. Not everyone in Mexico falls in the stereotype you and many on this forum lumps us in. Not everyone wants to migrate as an illegal.

If the USA is cramped with illegals, blame your country leaders, blame your greedy corporations, blame those who gave them jobs, freebies, food stamps and the like.

Go and defend your country in a practical way, not behind your keyboard.

Do something!
All of what you described is coming to pass here in the USA-------------now: it is Mexico's turn.

A good place to start would be the rich elite SOB to start paying Gringo wages to their police, judges and soldiers---------that alone would start attracting a much better quality recruit. Flip side; start paying hardball with crooked cops, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 AM
 
1,435 posts, read 3,505,889 times
Reputation: 524
Quote:
A good place to start would be the rich elite SOB to start paying Gringo wages to their police, judges and soldiers---------that alone would start attracting a much better quality recruit. Flip side; start paying hardball with crooked cops, etc.
The day the Mexican government starts paying their people Gringo wages is the day Mahmoud Ahmadinejad converts to Judaism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 10:23 AM
 
Location: The world, where will fate take me this time?
3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Reputation: 1423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All of what you described is coming to pass here in the USA-------------now: it is Mexico's turn.

A good place to start would be the rich elite SOB to start paying Gringo wages to their police, judges and soldiers---------that alone would start attracting a much better quality recruit. Flip side; start paying hardball with crooked cops, etc.
it's already happening too, and as you can see we true Mexican citizens agree that illegal immigration is wrong, IMHO if there was a serious crackdown on the enablers of illegals, this would come to an end much faster.

I don't think that a border fence will be as effective as cracking down hard on anyone who employs illegal immigrants, and making the handouts and freebies available for US citizens only, unfortunately there are several corporate interests that fund politicians campaings in the USA that don't want to see this happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
 
Location: OH->FL->NJ
7,734 posts, read 7,254,266 times
Reputation: 3091
I have been doing genealogy for 15 years. I can prove that fairly easily. Simply look at the 1900-1920 US census and see how many can not speak English. THEIR KIDS learned English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:21 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxtronics View Post
As I said in other thread... you and many "anti - illegals" need to grew a pair, but a good, functioning pair, so you can go to your leaders and demand what you think is right to be done against illegals.

Demand your borders sealed. Demand every illegal person to be deported immediatelly and their possesions seized. Demand for your precious english language to be the oficial one in the USA and ban people to use any other language. Demand that every business that caters to illegals be closed down.... demand what you like the most... but do something for real instead of sitting on your fat butt all day long bashing Mexico and its culture, people and customs. Stop looking down on people and using every opportunity you have to feel superior because you know your exact chemical composition. Not everyone in Mexico falls in the stereotype you and many on this forum lumps us in. Not everyone wants to migrate as an illegal.

If the USA is cramped with illegals, blame your country leaders, blame your greedy corporations, blame those who gave them jobs, freebies, food stamps and the like.

Go and defend your country in a practical way, not behind your keyboard.

Do something!

I have been doing all of the above for years. I have Sen. Dick Durbin and several others on speed dial and I have no problem expressing my concerns about the out of control illegal immigration system. I speak with them fairly frequently. After all, if they make my life hell, why shouldn't I return the favor?
At the end of the day, the blame for this disaster lies squarely on the shoulders of the illegals who sneak into the US knowing they are in violation of US immigration law and not caring. If my neighbor leaves the door to his home unlocked, I would not take that as an invitation to watch his TV, raid his refrigerator and take his new car out for a spin. People who appear to have no comprehension of right or wrong and no understanding of the concept of 'mine' versus 'not mine' are not going to cause anything except problems in a society where the overwhelming majority have agreed to abide by certain restrictions on their behavior for the benefit of the common good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I have been doing all of the above for years. I have Sen. Dick Durbin and several others on speed dial and I have no problem expressing my concerns about the out of control illegal immigration system. I speak with them fairly frequently. After all, if they make my life hell, why shouldn't I return the favor?
At the end of the day, the blame for this disaster lies squarely on the shoulders of the illegals who sneak into the US knowing they are in violation of US immigration law and not caring. If my neighbor leaves the door to his home unlocked, I would not take that as an invitation to watch his TV, raid his refrigerator and take his new car out for a spin. People who appear to have no comprehension of right or wrong and no understanding of the concept of 'mine' versus 'not mine' are not going to cause anything except problems in a society where the overwhelming majority have agreed to abide by certain restrictions on their behavior for the benefit of the common good.
As you stated.

One reason that most of your slums have things like alarms, bars on the windows, etc. is due to the 'you owe me/lack of respect for other people' mentality of the losers who live there and leach off the working poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If my neighbor leaves the door to his home unlocked, I would not take that as an invitation to watch his TV, raid his refrigerator and take his new car out for a spin. People who appear to have no comprehension of right or wrong and no understanding of the concept of 'mine' versus 'not mine' are not going to cause anything except problems in a society where the overwhelming majority have agreed to abide by certain restrictions on their behavior for the benefit of the common good.
PROFOUND words there...and so illustrative of "Third World" vs "First". First World behavior says "WE made the laws...they're FAIR laws...and disobeying the law is BAD....and breaking the law hurts ALL of us...".

Third World behavior is more like "Nobody asked ME about any laws...Those were written by somebody else. Nobody's going to take care of me or 'mine', so I'll take care of myself...and that means I'm going to go as far as I CAN, take what I need, and do whatever it 'takes'...until somebody stops me".

Then, when somebody finally DOES stop "me", I'll get angry and complain about the "system". People who don't feel in 'control of their own destiny' or who don't see themselves as 'part of the system' (i.e., the Third World poor) don't see the law as something relevant to themselves..they see the law as merely an 'obstruction' in their everyday lives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top