U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Reputation: 30387

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
segment of their incompatible culture?
garbage commentary, what the hell does that mean? completely unnecessary. such small minded drivel.

but i think the law shouldnt wait for 3 offenses to deport DUI illegals. 1 strike, goodbye.
nuff said
I fully agree with you for the first time ever.

However, why stop at DUI? I say deport illegals for misdemeanors, if they are "only here to work" they should do like most normal americans and stay out of trouble, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I fully agree with you for the first time ever.

However, why stop at DUI? I say deport illegals for misdemeanors, if they are "only here to work" they should do like most normal americans and stay out of trouble, right?
Now you're fishing. You do realize that they always stop short of self incrimination and especially when you list reasons why they should be deported right?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-14-2009 at 07:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Now you're fishing. You do realize that they always stop short of self incrimination and reasons that they should be deported right?

The law is the law. Where did the Burger King menu mentality of our laws crop up? You break the law you get punished. That means all laws. You are either for or against this system, if against you are part of the problem and on the dark side of our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 07:45 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The law is the law. Where did the Burger King menu mentality of our laws crop up? You break the law you get punished. That means all laws. You are either for or against this system, if against you are part of the problem and on the dark side of our society.
Bingo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:44 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Race Mayhem Highlights Hispanic Drunk Driving Problem


Juan Campos, 33, purportedly a US citizen from Brownsville, Texas, has made headlines with a spectacular crash that occurred when, allegedly drunk, he fell asleep at the wheel and plowed his car into a bike race inside Mexico near the US border. One bike rider died and ten were injured. Enraged survivors swarmed a police vehicle taking Campos from the scene, attempting to drag him out. Investigators claim that toxicology tests showed that Campos had alcohol in his system, and a female passenger in the Campos vehicle reportedly admitted that she had been drinking with Campos, who has since been charged. Campos himself told reporters at the jail in Spanish that he didn't remember much, but that he had been at a beach and had fallen asleep while driving.

The incident highlights the US epidemic of fatal accidents resulting from impaired Hispanic drivers, most of whom are illegal aliens and thus often unlicensed and without insurance. Hispanic impaired driving far outpaces the problem in other demographic groups; in North Carolina alone, Hispanic DUIs were three times the rate of non-Hispanics in 2005, and the trend is reflected all across the United States.

Some experts have claimed that the DUI problem has roots in Hispanic culture, and some Hispanics themselves claim that driving after a few drinks is "normal." Certainly the large number per capita of macho young males among the illegal alien population has some effect on the numbers, as well as the lawless mentality of people whose very presence in the United States flouts the law.

Like many other aspects of illegal immigration, the toll of illegal alien drunk driving is a "quality of life" issue never factored in to the various economic arguments advanced in favor of open borders.[b} But the real cost has been devastating: whole families have been wiped out, men, women and children killed and the lives of survivors ruined by these heartbreaking, preventable tragedies. [/b]

The effect of Hispanic drunk driving is a black eye to the open borders lobby and its corporate and special interest backers, who often respond to attempts to raise awareness with hatebaiting and panic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Doonan, QLD
103 posts, read 162,403 times
Reputation: 148
Three strikes ... this is crazy. Zero strikes is perfect. I believe being present illegally should be sufficient to mount a deportation.

When I worked in Florida, we had 2 guys, both of which had >$200K in unpaid hospital bills, both of whom were illegals, who came in severely intoxicated, repetitively, usually after calls to 911 by well meaning folks who found them unconscious, often times lying in the road, usually with a blood alcohol of 0.45 or higher. They'd come into the ED, sober up, we'd discharge, they'd drink again, be back within 24-48 hours. A revolving door, all the time harming the quality of society, the access to emergency care; and completely without any legal response.

The local police stated that they could not call INS and we as health care providers could not. So the cycle continued; all the time costing the hospital and society a great deal. When Jose, one of the fellows finally got taken into custody and jail for public drunkeness, went to jail, was there all of 24 hours, seized and back in the ED, the police released him, said they had no interest in taking him back to jail; and we were back to the same cycle.

Regardless, 0 strikes works well for me and this story just shows the complete ineptness of the system to take care of such rampant abuses of the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
And the insanity continues…..

Why on earth should any illegal alien apprehended for drunk driving or any other reason, be afforded the opportunity to continue living in this country? Surely, these are not the people being touted as “hardworking” and “seeking a better life.” C’mon, do we actually need more drunks and potential perpetrators of vehicular manslaughter?

Unfortunately, this is merely one of a litany of illegal alien travesties. Don’t be surprised if eventually ICE will be prohibited from deporting these pillars of society due to their ‘disease’ of alcoholism. After all, it would be inhumane to deport the infirm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: The Great State of Texas, Finally!
5,321 posts, read 10,583,466 times
Reputation: 2395
3 strikes? Amazing. They're ILLEGAL! Why aren't they being shipped out once they're found? WTF?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
more DRIVEL!!!! what experts does this lame story cite?

let me guess world news. or is it the center for immigration studies.

you are just showing how ignorant you are by posting these unfounded claims of drunkeness due to ethnicity or "Race" (but i thought hispanic wasnt a race?)

garbage garbage garbage.

hispanics do no have the market on drunk driving conrered. to think so is idiotic!!! you really make me laugh woman.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Race Mayhem Highlights Hispanic Drunk Driving Problem


Juan Campos, 33, purportedly a US citizen from Brownsville, Texas, has made headlines with a spectacular crash that occurred when, allegedly drunk, he fell asleep at the wheel and plowed his car into a bike race inside Mexico near the US border. One bike rider died and ten were injured. Enraged survivors swarmed a police vehicle taking Campos from the scene, attempting to drag him out. Investigators claim that toxicology tests showed that Campos had alcohol in his system, and a female passenger in the Campos vehicle reportedly admitted that she had been drinking with Campos, who has since been charged. Campos himself told reporters at the jail in Spanish that he didn't remember much, but that he had been at a beach and had fallen asleep while driving.

The incident highlights the US epidemic of fatal accidents resulting from impaired Hispanic drivers, most of whom are illegal aliens and thus often unlicensed and without insurance. Hispanic impaired driving far outpaces the problem in other demographic groups; in North Carolina alone, Hispanic DUIs were three times the rate of non-Hispanics in 2005, and the trend is reflected all across the United States.

Some experts have claimed that the DUI problem has roots in Hispanic culture, and some Hispanics themselves claim that driving after a few drinks is "normal." Certainly the large number per capita of macho young males among the illegal alien population has some effect on the numbers, as well as the lawless mentality of people whose very presence in the United States flouts the law.

Like many other aspects of illegal immigration, the toll of illegal alien drunk driving is a "quality of life" issue never factored in to the various economic arguments advanced in favor of open borders.[b} But the real cost has been devastating: whole families have been wiped out, men, women and children killed and the lives of survivors ruined by these heartbreaking, preventable tragedies. [/b]

The effect of Hispanic drunk driving is a black eye to the open borders lobby and its corporate and special interest backers, who often respond to attempts to raise awareness with hatebaiting and panic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Reputation: 1832
Representative of J Dubs Culture...


Report: Charles Barkley impaired when arrested



Adam "Pacman" Jones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top