U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 PM

180 posts, read 318,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyG View Post
Three strikes ... this is crazy. Zero strikes is perfect. I believe being present illegally should be sufficient to mount a deportation.

When I worked in Florida, we had 2 guys, both of which had >$200K in unpaid hospital bills, both of whom were illegals, who came in severely intoxicated, repetitively, usually after calls to 911 by well meaning folks who found them unconscious, often times lying in the road, usually with a blood alcohol of 0.45 or higher. They'd come into the ED, sober up, we'd discharge, they'd drink again, be back within 24-48 hours. A revolving door, all the time harming the quality of society, the access to emergency care; and completely without any legal response.

The local police stated that they could not call INS and we as health care providers could not. So the cycle continued; all the time costing the hospital and society a great deal. When Jose, one of the fellows finally got taken into custody and jail for public drunkeness, went to jail, was there all of 24 hours, seized and back in the ED, the police released him, said they had no interest in taking him back to jail; and we were back to the same cycle.

Regardless, 0 strikes works well for me and this story just shows the complete ineptness of the system to take care of such rampant abuses of the system.
why in the world NOT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 07:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
She doesn't just write disparaging remarks about illegal immigrants. She writes it about latinos and hispanics as a whole, yet you refuse to acknowledge that.
Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t recall reading any of her posts that did not specifically pertain to illegal aliens and their culture of corruption, abuse of services, arrogance, etc.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
why in the world NOT?
Quote:
Q. Should emergency departments provide care to illegal immigrants? Should it report them to the immigration authorities?

A. Emergency physicians are patient advocates with moral, ethical, and legal obligations to care for patients. Emergency physicians don't require patients to have health insurance and don't check their legal documentation before treating them.

In some states, legislation has been proposed to require emergency physicians to report to immigration authorities any undocumented immigrants who seek care. Such requirements differ from other mandatory reporting requirements in that their purpose is not patient protection but policing of U.S. borders. If such reporting were successfully mandated, many acutely sick or injured persons would avoid seeking medical care for fear of detection and deportation. In addition to causing these illegal immigrants unconscionable pain and suffering, it would cause the spread of many contagious diseases that should be treated and stopped.
Illegal Immigrant Care in the Emergency Department

Old 01-16-2009, 08:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Yeah, and I voted for him

So what does that tell you?
You point being? I too voted for Obama

(having Palin one heartbeat away from the Presidency scared me )

Old 01-16-2009, 08:14 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,855,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyG View Post
Three strikes ... this is crazy. Zero strikes is perfect. I believe being present illegally should be sufficient to mount a deportation.

When I worked in Florida, we had 2 guys, both of which had >$200K in unpaid hospital bills, both of whom were illegals, who came in severely intoxicated, repetitively, usually after calls to 911 by well meaning folks who found them unconscious, often times lying in the road, usually with a blood alcohol of 0.45 or higher. They'd come into the ED, sober up, we'd discharge, they'd drink again, be back within 24-48 hours. A revolving door, all the time harming the quality of society, the access to emergency care; and completely without any legal response.

The local police stated that they could not call INS and we as health care providers could not. So the cycle continued; all the time costing the hospital and society a great deal. When Jose, one of the fellows finally got taken into custody and jail for public drunkeness, went to jail, was there all of 24 hours, seized and back in the ED, the police released him, said they had no interest in taking him back to jail; and we were back to the same cycle.

Regardless, 0 strikes works well for me and this story just shows the complete ineptness of the system to take care of such rampant abuses of the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamucil View Post
why in the world NOT?
I'd like to know too - why couldnt they?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:38 PM

759 posts, read 2,837,204 times
It is not just SOB people....
look at this article:
Five Chinese illegals arrested after plane lands at Wharton air strip (http://www.leader-news.com/news/2008/1227/law_order/008.html - broken link)

Who knows how many others including terrorist from the Middle East and Pakistan have used the southern borders to get into the US?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 AM

103 posts, read 162,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I'd like to know too - why couldnt they?
The police, this was in Bradenton Florida (I've had this same situation in California also) basically stated that immigration was outside their jurisdiction and that they had no interest in this (I believe because there is no system setup where local law enforcement can simply call the INS and have a rapid response in which the INS sends out an officer to determine if there is a basis to hold the person and sort out if they are here legally or not).

So given a lack of being able to get any proper response from INS, no mechanism to get an individual of interest, who does not have a crime that the local police are interested in jailing the person for; they walk away from this situation. Even as they jail such people, they release them, knowing they are illegal as they have no mechanism (this was essentially what I was told) to access any reasonable response from the INS.

There needs to be an easy access line where law enforcement can get a response from INS that doesn't then create a whole new set of paperwork and challenges for local law enforcement.

Perhaps someone who is a police officer or sheriff can further comment on this. Local law enforcement come in contact with illegal immigrants daily and it is a rare event that any of these interactions ends up resulting in deportation (to my knowledge).

Old 01-17-2009, 05:16 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t recall reading any of her posts that did not specifically pertain to illegal aliens and their culture of corruption, abuse of services, arrogance, etc.
Thank you. Again, they are so debilitatingly racist that when you criticize the group of illegals who they happen to share a race/ethnicity with, they take it personally. That is even more evident when they post and comment on the criminal actions of black Americans as if that legitimizes and excuses the crimes of illegal aliens of their ethnicity. Additionally, they delusionally believe that because we happen to be black that you, myself and Alanboy should automatically be angry and take it personally.

What they don't realize is that unlike them, our self esteem is not so low that all we have to hold on to is black pride. I am not my race, it is simply a part of who I am. I am not my brothers' keeper and I am not responsible for, nor do I relate to or condone the criminal actions of those I happen to share a race with. Therein lies the difference.

Not only are their assumptions racist, they are delusional, childish and pathetic.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-17-2009 at 05:50 AM..

Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Thank you. Again, they are so debilitatingly racist that when you criticize the group of illegals who they happen to share a race/ethnicity with, they take it personally. That is even more evident when they post and comment on the criminal actions of black Americans as if that legitimizes and excuses the crimes of illegal aliens of their ethnicity. Additionally, they delusionally believe that because we happen to be black that you, myself and Alanboy should automatically be angry and take it personally.

What they don't realize is that unlike them, our self esteem is not so low that all we have to hold on to is black pride. I am not my race, it is simply a part of who I am. I am not my brothers' keeper and I am not responsible for, nor do I relate to or condone the criminal actions of those I happen to share a race with. Therein lies the difference.

Not only are their assumptions racist, they are delusional, childish and pathetic.
You're welcome.

Yes, I have noticed a pattern of resorting to diversionary tactics (most notably ‘black’ crime) in an attempt to minimize or negate illegal alien criminality. Clearly, one has no substantive argument when the only defense is an irrelevant offense.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:50 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You're welcome.

Yes, I have noticed a pattern of resorting to diversionary tactics (most notably ‘black’ crime) in an attempt to minimize or negate illegal alien criminality. Clearly, one has no substantive argument when the only defense is an irrelevant offense.
Well stated and I couldn't agree more. It is unfortunate that the white mexican oligarchies have beaten their self esteem down to the point whereas injecting race into the scenario of every event is their only defense of the actions of their illegal alien raza.

LaRaza, Lulac, and all of the illegal alien brown people from mexico need to go back and review Dr. King's speeches and every film associated with the civil rights movement. Their distortion and emulation of these events are breathtakingly delusional, uninformed and an exceptional example of their ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration