U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Well stated and I couldn't agree more. It is unfortunate that the white mexican oligarchies have beaten their self esteem down to the point whereas injecting race into the scenario of every event is their only defense of the actions of their illegal alien raza.

LaRaza, Lulac, and all of the illegal alien brown people from mexico need to go back and review Dr. King's speeches and every film associated with the civil rights movement. Their distortion and emulation of these events are breathtakingly delusional, uninformed and an exceptional example of their ignorance.
Yet said 'brown' Latinos refuse to face the White supremacy in Hispanic culture. Their attitude is one of acceptable-----------yet woe to an Anglo White or Black when one of us has a similar sentiment towards said culture. Hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 07:12 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yet said 'brown' Latinos refuse to face the White supremacy in Hispanic culture. Their attitude is one of acceptable-----------yet woe to an Anglo White or Black when one of us has a similar sentiment towards said culture. Hypocrites.
Great analogy Bear. Their claims of discrimination based solely upon race is hypocrisy at it's finest. The treasonous and duplicitous actions of our government and the corporate masters are equally to blame.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:25 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t recall reading any of her posts that did not specifically pertain to illegal aliens and their culture of corruption, abuse of services, arrogance, etc.
Omg, i am very sure you don't recall reading any of her demeaning posts against latinos and the hispanic culture.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Omg, i am very sure you don't recall reading any of her demeaning posts against latinos and the hispanic culture.
I will reiterate my post from last night. Admittedly, I could have missed it; but I do NOT recall reading anything not specifically pertaining to illegal aliens and their culture of criminality, abuse of services, arrogance, etc.

Are you denying the deliberate injection of ‘black’ criminality into the discussion by ‘some’ pro-illegals in response to her posts, and others?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
I will reiterate my post from last night. Admittedly, I could have missed it; but I do NOT recall reading anything not specifically pertaining to illegal aliens and their culture of criminality, abuse of services, arrogance, etc.

Are you denying the deliberate injection of ‘black’ criminality into the discussion by ‘some’ pro-illegals in response to her posts, and others?
He needs to either provide link(s) to back up his false accusations or shut up lying and whining about what lives in his racist imagination.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:00 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,863,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyG View Post
The police, this was in Bradenton Florida (I've had this same situation in California also) basically stated that immigration was outside their jurisdiction and that they had no interest in this (I believe because there is no system setup where local law enforcement can simply call the INS and have a rapid response in which the INS sends out an officer to determine if there is a basis to hold the person and sort out if they are here legally or not).

So given a lack of being able to get any proper response from INS, no mechanism to get an individual of interest, who does not have a crime that the local police are interested in jailing the person for; they walk away from this situation. Even as they jail such people, they release them, knowing they are illegal as they have no mechanism (this was essentially what I was told) to access any reasonable response from the INS.

There needs to be an easy access line where law enforcement can get a response from INS that doesn't then create a whole new set of paperwork and challenges for local law enforcement.

Perhaps someone who is a police officer or sheriff can further comment on this. Local law enforcement come in contact with illegal immigrants daily and it is a rare event that any of these interactions ends up resulting in deportation (to my knowledge).
Thank you for the reply. I wondered what that Maricopa County sheriff does in this situation. On their website (Maricopa County Sheriff's Office) there's this:
ICE “Holds”
Each inmate booked is interviewed for immigration status. Sheriff’s detention officers have turned over 20,786 illegal immigrants to Immigration authorities for deportation.
Evidently they turn the IIs over to ICE rather than INS - and have room and time to hold them while waiting - but I don't see further details on the website.

I second the request for a police officer or sheriff to comment, please.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:09 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Thank you for the reply. I wondered what that Maricopa County sheriff does in this situation. On their website (Maricopa County Sheriff's Office) there's this:
ICE “Holds”
Each inmate booked is interviewed for immigration status. Sheriff’s detention officers have turned over 20,786 illegal immigrants to Immigration authorities for deportation.
Evidently they turn the IIs over to ICE rather than INS - and have room and time to hold them while waiting - but I don't see further details on the website.

I second the request for a police officer or sheriff to comment, please.
Quote:
Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), former agency of the United States Department of Justice that administered the federal laws relating to the admission, exclusion, and deportation of aliens and to the naturalization of aliens lawfully residing in the United States. It was created by congressional enactment in 1891 as an agency of the Department of the Treasury; it was transferred to the Department of Justice in 1940. The INS was formally dissolved by the Homeland Security Act of 2002. The act split the INS into two agencies within the newly created Department of Homeland Security: the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, which patrols U.S. borders to prevent the illegal entry of aliens; and the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, which handles applications for visas, asylum, naturalization, and refugee status.
Immigration and Naturalization Service - MSN Encarta

INS is now a part of ICE.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:34 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Quote:
Did his "immigration reform" promise, and his involvement with the DREAM Act have any relevance; or did you just think he was the best choice?
He was the best choice. First time I have ever voted for a demo president.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
He was the best choice. First time I have ever voted for a demo president.
Fair enough.

I also voted for Obama; and as you know, I am very anti-illegal.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
Quote:
Perhaps I missed it, but I don’t recall reading any of her posts that did not specifically pertain to illegal aliens and their culture of corruption, abuse of services, arrogance, etc.
Don't be ignorant...Maybe in this post she hasn't written anything but she has many post in which she talks bad about the "Hispanic" culture.

You know the saying, Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

anyways, She has even accused me of being an illegal. A person that is 100% more American then she is. Of course she would not agree because I go against what she believes...like her believes are what all Americans should believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration