U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GClark View Post
Fund it by taxing alcohol. There are no shortage of drinkers in this country.
Let the greedy employers pay for the health benefits of their illegal alien workforce. Why should taxpayers have the burden of footing the bill? Isnít it enough we are being forced to pay for their K-12 education?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let the greedy employers pay for the health benefits of their illegal alien workforce. Why should taxpayers have the burden of footing the bill? Isn’t it enough we are being forced to pay for their K-12 education?
Agreed. I guarantee you that if they had to foot the bills for the cost of social services, healthcare, educating, housing and feeding their beasts of burdens and their abundant off spring, they'd rather pay to have them deported instead.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. I guarantee you that if they had to foot the bills for the cost of social services, healthcare, educating, housing and feeding their beasts of burdens and their abundant off spring, they'd rather pay to have them deported instead.
These profit junkies wonít pay. They rely on the taxpayers to carry the burden. If they had to provide for their illegal workforce, illegal immigration would come to a screeching halt.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
These profit junkies wonít pay. They rely on the taxpayers to carry the burden. If they had to provide for their illegal workforce, illegal immigration would come to a screeching halt.
Agreed.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If the parents and their children illegally enter the US, both the parents and the children are illegal immigrants. An example of this is the DREAMies.
Okay i should have clarified my remark, children born in the U.S to illegal immigrants are citizens.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Okay i should have clarified my remark, children born in the U.S to illegal immigrants are citizens.
A misnomer, if ever one existed. How can two illegals give birth to a legal? Can two parakeets produce a cat? If you plant lettuce can you produce grapefruit? Itís ludicrous. But then, thatís another topic.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
A misnomer, if ever one existed. How can two illegals give birth to a legal? Can two parakeets produce a cat? If you plant lettuce can you produce grapefruit? Itís ludicrous. But then, thatís another topic.
Truer words. Their deliberate skewing of the 14th and general obfuscation of reality is simply that.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:34 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,585,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
As it was written a few days ago it would benefit illegals. Also, many people have stopped smoking so I can see this cigarette tax drying up over a short time. Not the way to fund it.
The program is $32 billion for 4.5 years. When Bush was going to Congress asking for $100 billion for Iraq for 6 MONTHS I did not hear the conservatives expressing any "concern" over how much it cost.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:37 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,585,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Smokers are taxed enough to fund all these social welfare programs....where is the money going to come from when people stop smoking because they can no longer afford it....in NJ the price of ciggies on average is $6.25 a pack, mostly taxes to fund corrupt NJ add an additional 61 cents a pack and it may just be the catapult some need to quit.....SO THEN WHAT WILL THEY TAX!!
\

Smokers are losers and slobs. Maybe if some of them quit then we won't have so many sick kids around that cost SCHIP money because their brainless parents are cigarette addicts. In my book smokers are worse than Heroin addicts. At least they keep their habit to themselves.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The program is $32 billion for 4.5 years. When Bush was going to Congress asking for $100 billion for Iraq for 6 MONTHS I did not hear the conservatives expressing any "concern" over how much it cost.
Someday the Iraq war will end. Illegal aliens are the gift that keeps on giving. Unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration