Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You would be supportive of Israel murdering women and children in order to take out a couple of terrorists.

And what's your point supposed to be? More Americans are being killed by other Americans than Israelis are killing Palestinians too. And?
I hardly consider Hamas a “couple of terrorists.” Furthermore, Israel has every right to defend itself against foreign invaders; just as the U.S. has every right to defend itself against illegal alien invaders from SOB. The Israeli military are not murderers, they are defenders. There’s a HUGE difference.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Ever been in battle little goat? It aint always that easy. Lets get it straight. Hamas started a fight. They got a fight. They got their asses kicked up between their shoulders. The women and kids you weep for belong on the heads of hamas. They did this to their people.
Well leather I have been in battle. And I very seldom found the need to slaughter anyone but the enemy.
Hamas started the fight you have that right. Israel didn't need to slaughter the civilian population.
Use the tools they have have infiltrate, surgical strikes, and do what Israel does best assasinate.
Obama needs to be concerned only with legal citizens needs and concerns. He needs to crack down on illegals, the people who hire them and the people who shelter them.
Let the military secure the border once and for all. For that mission he can have the tinman back in uniform.
Leather I'll teach he new guys how to shoot.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:44 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Latinos aren't a race.
Refer to them by whatever name you choose.

As long as there is a group of people, many of whom are not here legally, who feel that allegiance to their ethnic group or whatever you wish to call it, is far more important than allegiance to the US, there is going to be a problem. They are interested in nothing except what they can get for themselves. When there is a group who feels that the immigration laws of the land do not apply to them and feel that they are entitled to all sorts of special privileges (at the expense of everyone else), this is going to cause difficulties. And, frankly, I see little reason to hope that these issues will be resolved peaceably.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

As long as there is a group of people, many of whom are not here legally, who feel that allegiance to their ethnic group or whatever you wish to call it, is far more important than allegiance to the US, there is going to be a problem. They are interested in nothing except what they can get for themselves. When there is a group who feels that the immigration laws of the land do not apply to them and feel that they are entitled to all sorts of special privileges (at the expense of everyone else), this is going to cause difficulties. And, frankly, I see little reason to hope that these issues will be resolved peaceably.
Can't think of a coherent argument against this; you've pretty well laid it on the line. Your scenario applies to ANY group, of ANY description. When you're in a diverse, law-based, modern secular society, your allegiance must be to that society. If it's NOT...if, instead, you single out your special 'peer group', and put its needs and interests over the rest of society, and want 'special treatment', then you can expect trouble. The REST of society is going to object....understandably, in my opinion.

Sounds like this could describe just about ANY group...religious, racial, ethnic....ANY group. If you 'single yourself out', don't be surprised when others see you as 'different'.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I hardly consider Hamas a “couple of terrorists.” Furthermore, Israel has every right to defend itself against foreign invaders; just as the U.S. has every right to defend itself against illegal alien invaders from SOB. The Israeli military are not murderers, they are defenders. There’s a HUGE difference.
Bombing UN posts and schools?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:38 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Agreed. If the mexican army keeps "accidently" crossing our borders I hope to see them bombed to smithereens. Enough of the PC. I've had enough of Mexico trying to run this country while theirs remains in poopy diapers and it's nationals perpertually run amok on our side of the border.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well leather I have been in battle. And I very seldom found the need to slaughter anyone but the enemy.
Hamas started the fight you have that right. Israel didn't need to slaughter the civilian population.
Use the tools they have have infiltrate, surgical strikes, and do what Israel does best assasinate.
Obama needs to be concerned only with legal citizens needs and concerns. He needs to crack down on illegals, the people who hire them and the people who shelter them.
Let the military secure the border once and for all. For that mission he can have the tinman back in uniform.
Leather I'll teach he new guys how to shoot.
Agreed. It's time for our military to defend our country and citizens from incursions and the invasion from those SOB.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. If the mexican army keeps "accidently" crossing our borders I hope to see them bombed to smithereens. Enough of the PC, I've had enough of Mexico trying to run this country while theirs remains in poopy diapers and it's nationals perpertually run amok on our side of the border.
We have A-10's and apache gunships that would serve the purpose nicely.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

Agreed. If they think we are going to continue to sit back and listen to the whiney demands of a bunch of arrogant, illegal alien ingrates, they'd better think twice. It's getting old and tired and I think I can speak for the majority of Americans in saying we want our country back.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:45 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. If they think we are going to continue to sit back and listen the whiney demands of a bunch of illegal alien ingrates, they'd better think twice. It's getting old and tired and I think I can speak for the majority of Americans in saying we want our country back.
Yes, yes yes, you're angry. So what are you doing about it? What are your plans other than spending time on city-data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration