U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 12:37 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times

Advertisements

Norwood police are looking for a runaway babysitter who they believe abused a 4-month-old boy so severely the baby suffered a fractured skull, a damaged rib cage and three broken vertebrae.

“She’s nowhere to be found,” Norwood police spokesman Paul Bishop said of 34-year-old babysitter Sueli Soares of Norwood, who may be in the country illegally.

Norwood police issued a warrant for Soares’ arrest, charging her with assault and battery causing substantial injury to a child, Bishop said yesterday.

Soares was watching the child Dec. 30 when she called 911 to say she was feeding the boy a formula bottle when he started choking and became unconscious, he said.

Bishop said the child was rushed first to a local hospital and then to Children’s Hospital in Boston, where doctors said he appeared to have been abused. Bishop said the boy had a fractured skull, damaged rib cage consistent with violent shaking and three fractured neck vertebrae.

jfargen@bostonherald.com

Babysitter wanted in Norwood abuse case - BostonHerald.com

Suspect or not the parents should be charged with hiring, aiding and abetting an illegal alien. They bare partial responsibility for the death of their child.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
IMO, there is nothing as vile as the scum who abuse children; especially a defenseless infant. I believe there must be a special place in the deepest pits of hell reserved for these worthless pieces of excrement.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
IMO, there is nothing as vile as the scum who abuse children; especially a defenseless infant. I believe there must be a special place in the deepest pits of hell reserved for these worthless pieces of excrement.
I certainly hope so. Those who use and abuse children are indeed at the bottom of the scum suckers' food chain.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:46 PM

56 posts, read 138,663 times
A person's immigration status does not make them any more or less likely to abuse a child. The article also says she is suspected of being here illegally.

...and the article you linked to says the child is now at home with his parents, not dead.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuindecisive View Post
A person's immigration status does not make them any more or less likely to abuse a child. The article also says she is suspected of being here illegally.

...and the article you linked to says the child is now at home with his parents, not dead.
Who said their status made them more likely or not to abuse a child? I didn't and neither did the article.

The facts in this case clearly point to her being an illegal alien guilty of child abuse.

As far as the child being home with it's parents, I misspoke and said death in my rage after reading about the abuse of the child.

That being said, unlike YOU I make no apologies for the child abusing illegal aliens or the stupid parents who put their child in their care.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . guess what?
Quote:
Police interviewed Soares and the boy’s parents after the incident. But when they went back a short time later to talk to Soares again, she was gone. Her husband is also missing.
Bishop said police believe Soares, whose primary language is Portuguese, is an illegal immigrant.

Your sad attempt at diverting the topic of the story is pathetic at best.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Yac

5,877 posts, read 6,307,966 times
Just because the article might mention an illegal immigrant, it doesn't automatically make this an immigration issues.
I am sure there are more valuable sources out there to back your case up. Turning each and every single crime committed by an illegal immigrant into a sweeping generalization about the whole group is simply not fair. Not objective at all. And is a very weak base for a constructive discussion.
Thread closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or