U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,900,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Interesting video:

YouTube - Let Clarence Thomas Swear in Barack

I like this guy.
Wait, Full-Blooded,... so you didn't vote for Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 01:20 AM

956 posts, read 2,648,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Wait, Full-Blooded,... so you didn't vote for Obama?
No, I did, because I wanted to be a part of history and prove to myself I'm not a racist. I'm just saying that it was an invalid election, because he's not an American citizen. That's alright, though, because at least I proved I'm not a racist, which is really what matters.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 AM

638 posts, read 1,639,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There are people in this country who filed several law suits and did everything they could to undo Obama's citizenship. I may not agree with his stances on illegal immigration, but the personal attacks and the attempts at discrediting his citizenship was just way over the top.
There are still cases in the queue. None were dismissed on merit by the US Supreme Court . . they were dismissed without comment. This means State Supreme Court rulings on these cases, remains. And they were dismissed for lack of standing. In other words, no one has a right as a citizen to question the eligibility of a candidate, except perhaps in this instance, Nancy Pelosi, or Obama himself.

Absurd.

The simple-mindedness of the crowd who smears anyone who brings this up means they haven't read anything beyond the propaganda, or don't want to, and/or most likely believe their own assumptions.

So to whom it may concern : Don't include me in your statement of "our" president. He's not mine. There are unanswered questions about him, and until they are resolved, I reject Barack Hussein Obama a/k/a Barry Soetoro, a/k/a Barry Dunham, etc., as an usurper, and see his ascension to power, a coup.

I would suggest giving thought to that ruling by the courts about lack of standing, how it can and will be, applied to anything, at will. None of you have any right to question the government.

"It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by r601020; 01-19-2009 at 08:33 AM..

Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
There are still cases in the queue. None were dismissed on merit by the US Supreme Court . . they were dismissed without comment. This means the State Supreme Court's rulings on these cases, remains. They were dismissed for lack of standing. In other words, no one has a right as a citizen to question the eligibility of a candidate, except perhaps in this instance, Nancy Pelosi, or Obama himself.

Absurd.

The simple-mindedness of the crowd who smears anyone who brings this up means they haven't read anything beyond the propaganda, or don't want to, and most likely believe their own assumptions.

So to whom it may concern : Don't include me in your statement of "our" president. He's not mine. There are unanswered questions about him, and until they are resolved, I reject Barack Hussein Obama a/k/a Barry Soetoro, a/k/a Barry Dunham, etc., as an usurper, and see his ascension to power, a coup.

I would suggest giving thought to that ruling by the courts about lack of standing, how it can and will be, applied to anything. None of you have any right to question the government.

"It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins."
-- Benjamin Franklin
At the end of the day, just as many of us felt that Bush was SELECTED and not our president, you have every right to your feelings and opinions.

Yet Bush was sworn in, and Obama will be sworn in as well. Like it or not he will be the POTUS for at least the next 4 years and possibly 8.

May God Bless America and rid us of those who have illegally invaded it.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
At the end of the day, just as many of us felt that Bush was SELECTED and not our president, you have every right to your feelings and opinions.

Yet Bush was sworn in, and Obama will be sworn in as well. Like it or not he will be the POTUS for at least the next 4 years and possibly 8.

May God Bless America and rid us of those who have illegally invaded it.
So because there were questions regarding the legitimacy of the Bush election, by default Obama's election to the presidency is legitimate? You may want to check your logical progression on that...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
So because there were questions regarding the legitimacy of the Bush election, by default Obama's election to the presidency is legitimate? You may want to check your logical progression on that...
Please refrain from twisting my words to suit your needs. You need to comprehend what I stated as it was stated, as opposed to mentally translating it as you wish it to be.

Like it or not, he was legally and unequivocably ELECTED. As a result, tomorrow is the day that Obama will be sworn in as the 44th POTUS. Not one of those lawsuits filed out of racist desperation will change that fact.

Per your own admission you have a problem with his race. Simply because you voted for him does not exonerate you from being a racist. Your anger is palpable. Thus, you obviously still have issues with that. But we all have our crosses to bare don't we?

Those of you who are unhappy about the reality that the next POTUS is a black man are SOL for the next 4 years and possibly the next 8. As someone who feels fortunate to have survived 8 years of Bush, good luck getting over it and yourselves.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-19-2009 at 07:59 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
I pity the 'fool' in the White House for the next 4 years with all the crap that he has to contend with............regardless if it were McCain, Obama, etc.

Translation: I wish President-elect Obama the best starting noontime EST January 20th, 2009.

Good luck, POTUS.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I pity the 'fool' in the White House for the next 4 years with all the crap that he has to contend with............regardless if it were McCain, Obama, etc.

Translation: I wish President-elect Obama the best starting noontime EST January 20th, 2009.

Good luck, POTUS.
My sentiments exactly. You have to admire anyone who is willing to leave their comfortable functionally and financially sound life and step into a White House filled to the brim with piles of dysfunctional, chaotic BS being left behind. Dealing with what is beyond the walls in terms of the rest of the worlds' problems is a whole 'nother pile of BS awaiting him. Well stated Bear

Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Please refrain from twisting my words to suit your needs. You need to comprehend what I stated as it was stated, as opposed to mentally translating it as you wish it to be.

Like it or not, he was legally and unequivocably ELECTED. As a result, tomorrow is the day that Obama will be sworn in as the 44th POTUS. Not one of those lawsuits filed out of racist desperation will change that fact.

Per your own admission you have a problem with his race. Simply because you voted for him does not exonerate you from being a racist. Your anger is palpable. Thus, you obviously still have issues with that. But we all have our crosses to bare don't we?

Those of you who are unhappy about the reality that the next POTUS is a black man are SOL for the next 4 years and possibly the next 8. As someone who feels fortunate to have survived 8 years of Bush, good luck getting over it and yourselves.
I didn't twist anything -- you're the one who began strawmanning by bringing the Bush election into the discussion, which has no relevancy whatsoever to the question of Obama's citizenship. And, it's your opinion that Obama was legally elected, because if he was not born on U.S. soil then it was not a legal election...see here for more info:

Index Page - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Furthermore, your ad hom. attacks about my voting have no bearing on the discussion, and I don't even understand your paragraph structure in this little part of your diatribe:

Quote:
WTF? Well, at least I'm assured my anger is palpable, as opposed to the un-palpable kind I guess. Good to know...

And then you continue with further ranting about Black people, which again is part of your own strawmanning and red herring combo, and has nothing to do with the discussion. Either stick to the thread topic or begin a new thread and do your ranting there, unless you have some reason to doubt Bush's citizenship by birth.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I didn't twist anything -- you're the one who began strawmanning by bringing the Bush election into the discussion, which has no relevancy whatsoever to the question of Obama's citizenship. And, it's your opinion that Obama was legally elected, because if he was not born on U.S. soil then it was not a legal election...see here for more info:

Index Page - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Furthermore, your ad hom. attacks about my voting have no bearing on the discussion, and I don't even understand your paragraph structure in this little part of your diatribe:

WTF? Well, at least I'm assured my anger is palpable, as opposed to the un-palpable kind I guess. Good to know...

And then you continue with further ranting about Black people, which again is part of your own strawmanning and red herring combo, and has nothing to do with the discussion. Either stick to the thread topic or begin a new thread and do your ranting there, unless you have some reason to doubt Bush's citizenship by birth.
There you go again . . . . .with the false perception, twisting my words to suit your thoughts and making a mountain out of a mow hill. Whose ranting? You're the one whose angry. I'm looking forward to the next 4 and possibly 8 years of having an intelligent, articulate man in the White House who actually has a functioning brain, can speak English, and earned the right to become the 44th POTUS, as opposed to another unqualified, legacy idiot, selected to take his turn in the birthright cue.

There are vines full of sour grapes out there who like yourself, were desperate to discredit Obama's citizenship. So much so, that if there was a legitimate reason to discredit his citizenship, it would have happened by now.

As far as your link in terms of his citizenship? I'm not the one in doubt about his citizenship, you are. Therefore, it would serve no purpose other than wasting my time reading it. Again, good luck with that anger management. Four years and possibly 8 is a long time for those of you who will be living in the desperation of getting the Black man out of the White House.

At noon me and the majority of the rest of the world will be shedding the past 8 years of cringe worthy embarrassment, cowboy incompetence and dysfunctional chaos and looking forward to rebuilding this country's reputation, respect, pride, dignity and financial stability. Most importantly, I pray that our troops will come home soon and get the proper care and treatment that they deserve.

May God Bless America and President Barack Hussein Obama.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-20-2009 at 05:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or