U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:54 AM

2,692 posts, read 6,142,974 times

Advertisements

Cubanguy-did your X move to Miami?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 04:38 PM

549 posts, read 1,502,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpoulin View Post
I have two questions regarding this. I live in Montreal, Canada and
am canadian, 100% canadian. The family living here before I moved in
are cubans. The husband and wife lived in Canada for 10 years and are
canadian citizes. The kids were born here. They decided they were fed
up with winter (and I don't blame them) so they rented a truck and
filled it with furnitures and other things. They then crossed into
the US using their canadian passports. Once in Miami, they claimed
refuge status and got it right away. Does the US government allows
this. Would it be illogic if they turn cubans on rafts back to Cuba
to face harsh jail sentences but accept cubans like the example above
leaving a cozy life in another country. I know, illogic and
government go well together.

Second question, more personal. I got married to a cuban woman. She
left cuba with an exit visa from her country (very legal) AND with a
permanent residency visa from my canadian government. Three months
after arriving here, she disappear from my life, to reappear in Miami
a few days later, leaving me completely crushed and in debt. Would
this be consider legal by the US government? If not, how can we
report her. All I have is an 1 800 number that is useless from Canada.

Thanks

Wow.... that`s a horrible story.

I am not Cuban BTW. I have heard similar stories in Miami. Miamians that marry Cubans and bring them to U.S. from the island. Once they are here, they dissapear and leave the men in terrible shape.

Those Cubans do not represent the good Cubans in South Florida. There are evil women everywhere. You just had bad luck.

Next time, try to follow your brain instead of your heart.

Good luck, I hope you get better.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:07 AM

21 posts, read 64,271 times
A cuban friend of mine living in Miami now once told me: The cuban woman, use her and dump her.
A cuban woman living un pensylsvania once told me that the average cuban woman is a P%$a, nothing but materialistic values and it gets worst once they arrive here.
A cuban woman from havana told me: la cubana no sirve (the cuban woman is useless)
Another one from havana told me that the younger generations of cubans have no values other than material values, and in cuba this means a celular, nice clothes even if this means less food on the table.

So my dear cubalibre and cubaquois, I value the cuban people more than the cuban themselves. I don't smoke pot, love my children and work hard to earn my money. I never lied to my wife about me nor about my country. I was once married for 17 years with a filipina and I know what she had to go through to adapt to my country. I gave the facts about my country before getting married. Yes there was a reason why she left me, she was a "jinetera". For those who do not know about the cuban culture, a jinetera is a woman who goes out with tourists for money, restaurants and discos. Not quite a prostitute. I call them: girlfriends for a week. This word is only use by cubans and that reflects this ugly part of their culture. When you have to invent a word because your laguage does not have it, it says it all. By the way, the masculine of this word exists: jinetero. I have never had anything against those people because the living conditions in cuba are hell and they have to resort to this kind of living to survive. I just ansewered because those two guys are doing exactly what they accuse me of doing. Who cares if your canadian wife was a %$%&/. You are now here and can have a decent living. Tell me something? Would you, as a canadian resident or maybe citizen, get married with a cuban woman from cuba and bring her here, knowing too well that she will probably dump you anyway? You don't have to answer, if you are honest, I know the answer.

Now cubaquois, if you have an ounce of courage, you will answer me personaly so we can meet and talk about this in a civilized manner. I will invite you here and we can have a "roncito" with some coffee. I drink only cubita.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,134 times
Dear Christian
One as much does not complain, the Cuban women are very flavorful and very good in the bed, , if a culture this materialized is your goes and visits the malls and see that always they are full ,,, jineteras you have and many in its province it is necessary to see whatever leave its husbands so does not come to speak to me of examples that in its province are enough, you are poor man

Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 AM

14 posts, read 16,299 times
Default Must be mad to take a woman from a country you don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpoulin View Post
I have two questions regarding this. I live in Montreal, Canada and
am canadian, 100% canadian. The family living here before I moved in
are cubans. The husband and wife lived in Canada for 10 years and are
canadian citizes. The kids were born here. They decided they were fed
up with winter (and I don't blame them) so they rented a truck and
filled it with furnitures and other things. They then crossed into
the US using their canadian passports. Once in Miami, they claimed
refuge status and got it right away. Does the US government allows
this. Would it be illogic if they turn cubans on rafts back to Cuba
to face harsh jail sentences but accept cubans like the example above
leaving a cozy life in another country. I know, illogic and
government go well together.

Second question, more personal. I got married to a cuban woman. She
left cuba with an exit visa from her country (very legal) AND with a
permanent residency visa from my canadian government. Three months
after arriving here, she disappear from my life, to reappear in Miami
a few days later, leaving me completely crushed and in debt. Would
this be consider legal by the US government? If not, how can we
report her. All I have is an 1 800 number that is useless from Canada.

Thanks

Sir, about your first question: It has been tested in a USA court of a case early in the 1990's and has passed, that is, it is legal. That there are people around the WORLD that used the system is well known, not only Cubans. That's life.

About your second issue: I do have a question for you: How did you meet your CUBAN woman? I think you are the only one to blame. Why? You must be mad to meet a women in bars, resturangs, street, etc in a Country you don't really know and bring one of them to your home abroad. I've lived in several countries at ALL women you meet "out there" are "gold diggers", "looking for a better life", "doing short cuts", etc. What did you expect? Unconditional love? What? Do you some issues that you cannot find a woman in Canada so you have to go abroad and find an apparently submissive lady to take back home? Not even the Cubans I know go back to the island and bring a woman from there!!. Not because of the Cuba women but because you never know how ANY woman react once the situation changes.

I suspect that there are some issues from your side. Sorry, but you are the only one to blame.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,117 times
Dear friends, Iím Cuban and I had suffered Castroís regime for 46 years before I could escape to the US. Once, Cuba was one of the richest and developed countries of Latin America (donít believe in Castroís propaganda); now, itís one of the poorest. You canít judge Cubans as you donít have the most remote idea of how really they have lived along the late half century. Cubans are quite complex people as their culture has suffered the most terrible crisis. The deepening of this crisis has been constant so each generation of Cubans deferred sharply from the latest. Cubans survivors from the last republican generation canít recognize their grandchildren, offspring from the most terrible economic, social, cultural and mortal catastrophe. More than the Castro brothers, powerful groups in the US are responsible for the rise and the eternalness of Fidel Castro on power. So, Americans owe lots of things to Cuban people. Allowing them to live in the US is the least the can do. In the other hand, great deals of foreigners use to go to Cuba looking for some kind of sexual trade trying to get advantage of Cuban poverty. Not all Cubans are jineteros or jineteras (prostitutes). They are a minority but great deals of the people that approach foreigners are logically jineteros, looking for real money, a thing that most Cubans donít have. So, what do you expect? Most of decent women donít approach foreigners at all. Donít blame her, blame yourselves for being so naÔve or for being incapable of finding a good woman in your own country. If you go to the poorest countries in the world looking for mating, thatís what you get.Octavio GuerraMiami, Fl

Old 05-26-2009, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,044 times
There is nothing you can do. A cuban coming straight from the island get refugee status in the US RIGHT AWAY and if he/she is canadian citizen, after one year and one day in US soil can apply for permanent residence, only requirement: born in Cuba. The US goverment don't return anybody back to Cuba even if they are criminals, in this case they keep them in jail even after their sentences expire.The other thing is: Where did you meet this "lovely" cuban? In a disco? In the beach? Or was she a very hard worker from 8:00 to 5:00 in a goverment owned company? I can tell you exactly under what circunstances you met her and the stories she told you, is not the first time and is not going to be the last, I personally know a lot of stories beacause I'm cuban, I'm not saying that is right, I'm sorry for you.Forget it and go on with your life.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,012 times
Default Half of the responsability is yours.

If you didn't take your time to know who were you associating with, more when you do not know the culture. A lot of cuban women would marry an elephant as long as that gets them out of Cuba where life happens to be a living hell. Also Canada is too cold for cuban, Vancouver it's OK but a little to wet for my taste. Canadians have for a long time supported and traded with the cuban tyranny, and go Cuba to have a good time, tropical beaches cheap sex, but don't try to take the treasure home, or you will see how that pretty cuban girl turns into a rattlesnake. You paying the price. She can claim that you abused her and she left in fear you were going to kill her. Stop wasting your time and money. An please get a real life.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,012 times
Default Canada is too cold for most cubans.

In Spring, downtown Montreal has a temperature of 13 F at 1pm, when I visited in 94, and I was told by a friend that in winter it could be overcast for many days, and a cuban how can't see a good sunshine gets in real emotional trouble. There is and american radio host born in the north who says, where there are no palms trees is not a good place to live, and I agree.

I live in weather perfect Los Angeles and the only place in Canada I would live is in Vancouver if I had no other choice, but I have to say is to wet. And if cubans have the chance to go to Miami where they find the cultural confort of a large cuban community you can't blame them. But I feel LA is closer to haven.

When I left Cuba it took me 2 years wondering all over USA until I found my paradise, It's not that easy as you think the cultural change is brutal, there is no such thing as instant adaptation, and sometiemes it does't happen at all, there are many that never get to adapt to the new country.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,728,085 times
This thread is an oxymoron anyway, because all Cuban arrivals are legal immigrants, as per the "wet foot, dry foot" policy. Unless that is changed, threads like these belong in the legal immigration subforum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or