Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 04:35 AM

79 posts, read 109,358 times

Advertisements

"Many Americans (not all) seem to think that the USA is a Democracy. It isn't; it is a Republic." ==> The USA is not a democracy@Everything2.com
And it does not come from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 04:36 AM

Default it's the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and exactly HOW does this affect the United States????
You have the same past! Know your History.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
well.. if you don't like OUR country.. I suggest
you find some place better.. maybe mexico?
if you don't like our AMERICAN schools which
teach ENGLISH American language, I suggest
you find some place better, maybe mexico?
I wonder why if our schools are soo bad.. why
is it ex-pres of mexico (fox) and now pres (calderon)
BOTH were educated in OUR AMERICAN schools!

Question: Are you an American? I mean were you born here..
I don't mean anchor baby.. were you an amnesty illegal?
Thanks.. just wanted to know..
What does it do if he wasn't born there. Your ancestors were kind of amnesty illegals, don't judge people on that.
Do you think you choose the place you were born? No. Then why discriminate people upon that? You may be born in USA, but it's not your fault, you didn't choose that.

Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I certainly know where China is--- I have a dear friend who visits Tokyo each year and sends me postcards. And I have a "china cabinet" in my HOME, so I'm not totally ignorant......and I often eat sushi !!

I just WISH those Chinese hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor without warning us first. THAT wasn't nice at ALL. VERY sneaky !!!...

As far as Germany goes, I don't know TOO much, but I DO love their linguini and I like it when they play all that "norteno" music (I LOVE tubas and cymbals !!) I like the Philippines, too, and I often use Manila envelopes to help their economy. One time I went to eat 'baluts' but they were spoiled so I threw them out.

You may SAY that Americans are "ignorant" and "apathetic"....well, I don't KNOW, and I don't CARE......

(I'll bet YOU can't name the capital of Chicago, either---OR the date of "Cinco de Mayo")..
i can't see what Tokyo has to see with China...

Old 02-22-2008, 05:26 AM

56 posts, read 98,789 times
Of course you are American. The Mexicans are not. It's natural and healthy that you don't like them. They are not suppose to be here.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:33 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
Mac's post is tongue-in-cheek.....

Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
...and you DO SEE what the OTHER STUFF has to do with each other? Are you a public school graduate? For your sake, I certainly HOPE so !!!....

Yes, as Kele suspected, the post WAS a spoof.....Silliness. like vine-ripened cantaloupes, just doesn't 'travel well', it seems.....JUST KIDDING.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
What does it do if he wasn't born there. Your ancestors were kind of amnesty illegals, don't judge people on that.
Do you think you choose the place you were born? No. Then why discriminate people upon that? You may be born in USA, but it's not your fault, you didn't choose that.
I may not choose where I'm born, but I can choose not to leave where I'm born.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:43 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,815,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKenneth View Post
I feel as if I'm not supporting the American Dream, the opportunity for a better life.

Our country was built upon the foundation of opportunity for a new life where you can have freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of demonstration. These rights are kept in place by the laws we have drawn out to protect them.

What can we expect to see in the future if our in-place laws are perpetually and repeatedly broken, and people in our nation actually support it? I don't understand at all. How can you break a major law knowingly and still have conscience to scream for handouts and special treatment? As it is, illegal immigrants have complete disregard for US laws, they drive without licenses or insurance, they don't pay taxes, and they undercut wages which directly affects the American citizen's job availability. They're usually poor people who move to our already crowded and quickly expanding ghettos forcing the expansion of the lower class even further, and they somehow collect welfare which is directly funded by the American citizen middle-class to support our less fortunate American Citizen brothers and sisters. They're even allowed to get a bank account and build CREDIT using this money without a SSN. I am literally paying my hard-earned money unwillingly to sustain the influx of unskilled workers who clog the streets I pay to maintain with their barely working vehicles bought from sales lots openly catering to illegal aliens using credit built on the money I paid to the state, no license, and no insurance; meaning if one of these illegals smashes into me because they're too busy wrangling their 5 unruly Citizen children they pumped out for more leverage, and my car gets mashed up and they run so they don't get arrested, I'm left with the bill. I'm becoming smothered and bombarded from every angle by a people who have dragged their old customs, culture, and language from home with them with no desire to integrate into the existing culture at all, instead expecting us to provide them with services suited to their needs.

Their Citizen children that I went to High School with (80% Mexican Heritage Students) are so Pro-Mexico, Anti-American it's sickening. Being a white male with red hair, every day was another day of heckling in a language I don't understand, and conversations held druing my ENGLISH 2 classroom between my Mexican-American teacher and the rest of the Spanish speaking class, while I sat and waited to continue my education, hopefully in the language that I speak and attended school to study. Even the Brazilian foreign exchange students knew better English. Virtually all gangs in my area consist of the mexican population. Every Fourth of July they'd drive their lo-riders with Mexican flags hanging off them blasting their ponch music and speaking in a language that's literally foreign to me, but I'll have to learn soon if I want to function, because now jobs are hiring bilinguals over English-only more and more often to offset the inability to communicate with their illegal or stubborn customers who refuse to learn the existing language.

Everywhere I look everything's either bilingual or in Spanish only. Most of the schools around here removed their options for foreign language classes to push people to learn Spanish. I drive through Burger King and have to place orders through an illegal-parented Citizen that speaks more Spanish than English even after passing high school, thus making communication between us difficult and irritating. While driving to the window to pay for my food, the three advertisements are displayed one English, two Spanish adverts. All state forms come in Spanish and English. I feel like I'm becoming a foreigner in my own country, alienated from a country that my family has been a part of since the Mayflower, that my ancestors have given their blood, sweat, tears, and lives to protect our families, land, and way of life.

Why would I want to support this? Why would I even consider letting this continue even a remote possibility? I don't have anything against Mexican people. I've made more than a few friends of Mexican heritage, granted they've all turned out to be multiple-generation Americans. Please though, if not out of respect for the people that have to accommodate you when you arrive, out of a desire for a welcome hello instead of a general disdain, come legally, work legally, be thankful you have this chance, and please, learn English so the existing residents of this thusfar tolerant and even accommodating country a chance to hold intelligible conversations with you.

I hate feeling this way. I don't like being angry with people, and I don't like feeling pressure of displacement from my home. If your Citizen children cannot even be civil, I have to expect further illegal-borne citizens will not, causing me to view you as unwelcome trespassers, if not invaders. I really feel that voting down proposals to make legal immigration faster, and cheaper, not within the bounds of upholding our founding principles. I MUST vote upholding and strengthening any laws that assist in the illegal crossing of the border to the country I contribute willingly to sustain and vote in to make my voice be heard. It's the only thing I know how to do.
Time to stop anchor babies, time to enforce the need for a SSN for any bank transaction ( not phony Mexican Documents/ not phony Docs anywhere else), time to pay for a one way ticket home and get their DNA, retinal scan, prints, etc. before they go... any return? Bar them from return or ever getting citizenship. Anchor baby? You go home w/parents. At 18, you can come here.... and choose ONE citizenship. No bringing the family. Refuse to become a bilingual country -- look at the problems in Canada.

Vote for any person who is anti-immigration

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
I didn't choose where illegals were born, either.

I have a much nicer house than my neighbor. Since his children didn't choose to be born, should I be required to house and feed his kids if they so choose?

Your argument is common but senseless. There are many bases for law, and the law does indeed discriminate. Without this, we have anarchy. Is that what you believe in? Anarchy?

Or maybe you believe in worldwide communism? Where birthplace, social/economic status is irrelevant?

Regardless of where, when and to whom one is born, there will always be someone else who was born better off. Should we begin rewarding people simply because they were born worse off than someone else? Should we no longer hold anyone responsible for their actions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration