U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2008, 06:10 AM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
15 posts, read 19,631 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
As I always say: Know your History. Your country associated with the nazi during WWII: Remember Operation Barbarossa? ==> Operation Barbarossa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since Finland lost, the Finnish people a resentful towards Russia.
Are you suggesting that you are better informed about the history of my country than I am

Associated with the nazi? OMG, you don't say, I'm shocked
Needed weapons to fight Russia, so took them from the source available - enemy of Finland's enemy, Germany.
(Btw, I hope you're not insinuating that all Germans were nazis, unless you're making an attempt for the ignorant of the year award.)

Finland lost in a sense that it had to give up land area to Russia, however Finnish forces managed to deny Russia their primary object - conquest of Finland. Not an easy task when comparing the two nations at that time.

Nevertheless I have no problem to mark that one as Finnish loss. I would've liked to see us go all the way to Ural, but I'm rather pleased about the fact that Russian causalties vastly outnumbered those of Finland, and more importantly Finland retained it's sovereignty - and it's own borders to be guarded.

I am very proud of my grandfathers who confirmedly served a large number of Russians a very unhealthy dose of brother Lead and sister Steel

My resentment towards Russia originates from their anti-West stance, not from the days of WW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
And since you seem to adore USA, you can't like China and the Muslim world, because the US citizens don't (they want to be the only powerful country on Earth)
You silly rabbit. Are you serious with this [mod cut]?

It's inaccurate to state that I don't like China and the muslim world. I feel that the West needs to have a counterforce for them to keep them in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
I have no best argument, read all my posts to sum them.
Actually you have no argument.
Other commentors please correct me if I'm wrong.


Btw, where are you from?


Edit.
Apologies for this OT.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-26-2008 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2008, 07:20 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,798,808 times
Reputation: 4446
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
Ok, but if you don't want to carry the guilts of your ancestors, because it's the past, why being proud of what they've done while those events are PAST...WAY PAST?

I'm not ashamed of none of my ancestors, but I'm neither proud... That would be insane to be proud without wanting to see the guilts.
For you, people die with their guilts. But their positive actions can be an heritage to their children, and the children of their children... why taking the good and burrying the guilt?

Anyway, you're talking about slavery. USA, the sovereign nation, were a country of slavery, and nearly apartheid. And don't tell me it's past, way past because discriminations were still official in the 60s and still exist nowadays. For example, people say Obama can't be President of USA because of his father's religion... or simply because his father is Black!
maybe people say that barack cannot be president because he is not perceptive enough to realize his pastor was a racist. what else would he miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
To 'the Fair':

Where do you live and what is your ethnicity?

Methinks I can find some less than honorable things in your heritage.

Before you go slamming the USA for its atrocities in the long ago past; perhaps you need to study what the Nazis did in Europe, the atrocities committed against civilians during WW II by the Red Army, the Rape of Nanking, what the French did in Algeria, the Khmer Rouge, Rwanda, Osama bin Laden, etc. before you dare criticize just the USA.

All of the above occurred within the last 75 years.

Edit:

And; what happened back then has no bearing on today's Germans, etc.-----they are innocent and should be proud of their (mostly) affluent First World societies.

Last edited by ArizonaBear; 03-21-2008 at 09:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2008, 08:25 PM
 
222 posts, read 446,592 times
Reputation: 49
Here's the deal, this whoever ,The Fair, took a post from 3-07 and started up again. He has kept some of the smarter people on site busy with bull crap posts, look at all he posted on ,just this tread, making all kinds of stupid remarks, and when you ask him/her a simple question he/she don't answer, don't wast anymore time on this, do something constructive, leave this one in the dust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 AM
 
79 posts, read 97,148 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagellum View Post
Are you suggesting that you are better informed about the history of my country than I am

Associated with the nazi? OMG, you don't say, I'm shocked
Needed weapons to fight Russia, so took them from the source available - enemy of Finland's enemy, Germany.
(Btw, I hope you're not insinuating that all Germans were nazis, unless you're making an attempt for the ignorant of the year award.)

Finland lost in a sense that it had to give up land area to Russia, however Finnish forces managed to deny Russia their primary object - conquest of Finland. Not an easy task when comparing the two nations at that time.

Nevertheless I have no problem to mark that one as Finnish loss. I would've liked to see us go all the way to Ural, but I'm rather pleased about the fact that Russian causalties vastly outnumbered those of Finland, and more importantly Finland retained it's sovereignty - and it's own borders to be guarded.

I am very proud of my grandfathers who confirmedly served a large number of Russians a very unhealthy dose of brother Lead and sister Steel

My resentment towards Russia originates from their anti-West stance, not from the days of WW2.



You silly rabbit. Are you serious with this [mod cut]?

It's inaccurate to state that I don't like China and the muslim world. I feel that the West needs to have a counterforce for them to keep them in check.



Actually you have no argument.
Other commentors please correct me if I'm wrong.


Btw, where are you from?


Edit.
Apologies for this OT.
During WWII wasn't Germany a country leaded by the nazi??? You don't have to be ashamed if you weren't there. But your pride of your granfathers is insane...since YOU weren't there. If you are proud of them, are you ashamed of that part of your counrty's History, associating with the Whermacht?

If you want, I am a silly rabbit with no arguments. But I did not insult you, remember.

Where I am from is not important, since I have neither pride nor shame about any of my ancestors. I have no problem with the past.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-26-2008 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: edited referenced post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 AM
 
79 posts, read 97,148 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To 'the Fair':

Where do you live and what is your ethnicity?

Methinks I can find some less than honorable things in your heritage.

Before you go slamming the USA for its atrocities in the long ago past; perhaps you need to study what the Nazis did in Europe, the atrocities committed against civilians during WW II by the Red Army, the Rape of Nanking, what the French did in Algeria, the Khmer Rouge, Rwanda, Osama bin Laden, etc. before you dare criticize just the USA.

All of the above occurred within the last 75 years.

Edit:

And; what happened back then has no bearing on today's Germans, etc.-----they are innocent and should be proud of their (mostly) affluent First World societies.
I currently live in France (maybe I'll move in another country) but I'm sorry, from what I know, I have no ethnicity. And even though I had one, I wouldn't tell you, you would attack me on this subject.

You are right, if I had a link with 'the Nazis did in Europe, the atrocities committed against civilians during WW II by the Red Army, the Rape of Nanking, what the French AND THE ALGERIAN did in Algeria, the Khmer Rouge, Rwanda, Osama bin Laden, etc.' I would be ashamed. But I was not there... One more thing happened within the last 75 years: segregation in USA. You forgot it.

I know, today's German are innocent, those who are not neo nazi and who don't like Hitler.

Anyway, look at this topic about great USA and its great citizens:
'America has a very strong reputation in Australia for being internally focused and ignorant of the outside world. The fact most Americans cannot name the capital of Australia, when we know the capital of the States, is highly irksome to many. Even 'educated' Americans sound very stupid a lot of the time to Australians.' ==> What do Australians think about American people? - Yahoo! Answers

Clue: I'm not from Australia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 AM
 
79 posts, read 97,148 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GENO-777 View Post
Here's the deal, this whoever ,The Fair, took a post from 3-07 and started up again. He has kept some of the smarter people on site busy with bull crap posts, look at all he posted on ,just this tread, making all kinds of stupid remarks, and when you ask him/her a simple question he/she don't answer, don't wast anymore time on this, do something constructive, leave this one in the dust.
Man the last answer to the original question was from 03-11-2007 and I posted on 01-18-2008 that's not that late.

What stupid remarks did I do?

What question didn't I answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
I currently live in France (maybe I'll move in another country) but I'm sorry, from what I know, I have no ethnicity. And even though I had one, I wouldn't tell you, you would attack me on this subject.
All people have one or ethnicities in thei background.

Why are you so terrified of not sharing yours? You have the temerity to attack me yet cower in fear when I 'retaliate' (detail what some of your ancestors may have done), why is that?

Quote:
You are right, if I had a link with 'the Nazis did in Europe, the atrocities committed against civilians during WW II by the Red Army, the Rape of Nanking, what the French AND THE ALGERIAN did in Algeria, the Khmer Rouge, Rwanda, Osama bin Laden, etc.' I would be ashamed. But I was not there... One more thing happened within the last 75 years: segregation in USA. You forgot it.

I know, today's German are innocent, those who are not neo nazi and who don't like Hitler.

Anyway, look at this topic about great USA and its great citizens:
'America has a very strong reputation in Australia for being internally focused and ignorant of the outside world. The fact most Americans cannot name the capital of Australia, when we know the capital of the States, is highly irksome to many. Even 'educated' Americans sound very stupid a lot of the time to Australians.' ==> What do Australians think about American people? - Yahoo! Answers

Clue: I'm not from Australia.
As you should know; the last of the Jim Crow laws were declared unconstitutional around 40 years ago---------yet this country has another variety of 'Jim Crow' laws AKA Affirmative Action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2008, 01:42 AM
 
451 posts, read 236,352 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
The English language and speaking English is the only common bond we have as Americans. I fear if we lose that, we will lose our nation to g-d knows what. Please note, there are other nationalities that refuse to speak English besides Hispanics. (Asians, Arabics, Russians, etc.)
Bilingual in our country means English-Spanish, all other languages gradualy
diminish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 AM
 
79 posts, read 97,148 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All people have one or ethnicities in thei background.

Why are you so terrified of not sharing yours? You have the temerity to attack me yet cower in fear when I 'retaliate' (detail what some of your ancestors may have done), why is that?



As you should know; the last of the Jim Crow laws were declared unconstitutional around 40 years ago---------yet this country has another variety of 'Jim Crow' laws AKA Affirmative Action.
I didn't attack you about your ethnicity, unless your ethnicity is citizen of the USA.
I am not terrified of sharing mine, but the truth is I have no ethnicity. And even though I had one, what would it change. I've already told I have no guilt and no pride about my ancestors. You know, in France they don't classify people in ethnicities: It is even illegal.

All I know is I have Indians, Africans, Europeans, Native American, Chinese ancestors. Are you gonna make me carry the guilts of what they all have done? What if I had told you my ethnicity was Bushmen or Tutsi? Do they have huge guilts too?

About the Jim Crow laws: They were declared unconstitutionnal around 40 years ago, but it's not 'past, way past' . What a great country of freedom, happiness for all, equality...
One more time: This is not specific to USA, I don't hate USA, I have no animosity towards USA. Nowadays there are countries who claim to be modern republics (Russia, China,...) and who don't even respect the human rights; see, you are not teh worst country in the world, stop crying because your History, Constitution and mentality are not 'the greatest in the world' and start accept criticisms... and immigrates who don't speak english
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top