Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,025,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
I didn't attack you about your ethnicity, unless your ethnicity is citizen of the USA.
I am not terrified of sharing mine, but the truth is I have no ethnicity. And even though I had one, what would it change. I've already told I have no guilt and no pride about my ancestors. You know, in France they don't classify people in ethnicities: It is even illegal.

All I know is I have Indians, Africans, Europeans, Native American, Chinese ancestors. Are you gonna make me carry the guilts of what they all have done? What if I had told you my ethnicity was Bushmen or Tutsi? Do they have huge guilts too?

About the Jim Crow laws: They were declared unconstitutionnal around 40 years ago, but it's not 'past, way past' . What a great country of freedom, happiness for all, equality...
One more time: This is not specific to USA, I don't hate USA, I have no animosity towards USA. Nowadays there are countries who claim to be modern republics (Russia, China,...) and who don't even respect the human rights; see, you are not teh worst country in the world, stop crying because your History, Constitution and mentality are not 'the greatest in the world' and start accept criticisms... and immigrates who don't speak english
I consider myself to be an 'ethnic' American.......and, I am proud of it.

You are evidently a Frenchman------and, despite what some French people may have done in the past (atrocities in Algeria/Vietnam come to mind), you have every right to be proud of the Tri Color.

Like your president; Sarkozy, I am of 1/2 Hungarian heritage-------both of our fathers fled that country in the 1940's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 AM

79 posts, read 109,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I consider myself to be an 'ethnic' American.......and, I am proud of it.

You are evidently a Frenchman------and, despite what some French people may have done in the past (atrocities in Algeria/Vietnam come to mind), you have every right to be proud of the Tri Color.

Like your president; Sarkozy, I am of 1/2 Hungarian heritage-------both of our fathers fled that country in the 1940's.
Maybe I am officially a Frenchman... but I don't consider myself as one, since I come from the Caribbean (West Indies); Ask someone from French Guyana or from French Polynesia if he/she is French. My ancestors didn't go in Algeria and Vietnam. But some Frenchmen are proud of the atrocities you're talking about!

But, many people here don't love the 'Tri color', the president, the government... some people adore USA, others hate USA.

Everyone here is from somewhere, from what I know, life didn't appear in France. So being from Hungary or having great great great...parents from the Romans does not change anything. But just like you, some people want to stop immigration, as if their family had always been in France.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 PM

19 posts, read 41,268 times
Of course you're American, but you also have natural instincts. You know right from wrong. And you realize mexicans are taking over. I'd get out of where you live, go to another state. It's the governments fault, they aren't doing a damn thing to stop the invasion.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney12 View Post
Of course you're American, but you also have natural instincts. You know right from wrong. And you realize mexicans are taking over. I'd get out of where you live, go to another state. It's the governments fault, they aren't doing a damn thing to stop the invasion.
Not here in Arizona: the illegal immigrants (of any race/ethnicity) are being chased out as we speak.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney12 View Post
Ha ha! Natural instincts! Right from wrong!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,127,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
I didn't attack you about your ethnicity, unless your ethnicity is citizen of the USA.
I am not terrified of sharing mine, but the truth is I have no ethnicity. And even though I had one, what would it change. I've already told I have no guilt and no pride about my ancestors. You know, in France they don't classify people in ethnicities: It is even illegal.

All I know is I have Indians, Africans, Europeans, Native American, Chinese ancestors. Are you gonna make me carry the guilts of what they all have done? What if I had told you my ethnicity was Bushmen or Tutsi? Do they have huge guilts too?

About the Jim Crow laws: They were declared unconstitutionnal around 40 years ago, but it's not 'past, way past' . What a great country of freedom, happiness for all, equality...
One more time: This is not specific to USA, I don't hate USA, I have no animosity towards USA. Nowadays there are countries who claim to be modern republics (Russia, China,...) and who don't even respect the human rights; see, you are not teh worst country in the world, stop crying because your History, Constitution and mentality are not 'the greatest in the world' and start accept criticisms... and immigrates who don't speak english
According to Census, Ethnicity is not a nationality even though they are both confused. Nationality = American. But Mexican is a nationality and ethnicitiy? what gives?

Old 03-31-2008, 09:54 PM

39 posts, read 154,511 times
stop being a weenie. the guilt you feel is from the media.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
According to Census, Ethnicity is not a nationality even though they are both confused. Nationality = American. But Mexican is a nationality and ethnicitiy? what gives?
Artificial labels IMHO

I know a Mexican; born/raised in Mexico along with both of his parents with all 4 grands originally from Eastern Europe.

This gentleman consider himself to be both Mexican and Hispanic------yet, has zero indigenous or even Spanish blood.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:02 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,127,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Artificial labels IMHO

I know a Mexican; born/raised in Mexico along with both of his parents with all 4 grands originally from Eastern Europe.

This gentleman consider himself to be both Mexican and Hispanic------yet, has zero indigenous or even Spanish blood.
Well technically he is Mexican and Hispanic. 1, he's a Mexican citizen. 2, Hispanic in this country means being from a Spanish speaking country..

Old 04-02-2008, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Well I was saying that ironically, I know it's not an ethnicity. It souldn't even be a nationality, because the word 'American' makes people make a confusion, calling 'America' the country of USA. Odd things such as 'The President of America', 'The Mexican invade America',...

Anyway, Mexican is not an ethnicity. It's a nationality. Among it there are ethnicities such as 'Native Mexican', 'Mestizos',...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration