U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-24-2008, 12:32 AM
 
Location: Floribama
13,486 posts, read 29,434,352 times
Reputation: 11890

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I understand that the Amish people in Pennsylvania have a term they use for ALL Americans outside their own narrow group--- they call ALL non-Amish Americans "The English".
Boy are they in for a surprise when the Latinos start invading their territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
 
217 posts, read 686,237 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKenneth View Post
I feel as if I'm not supporting the American Dream, the opportunity for a better life.

Our country was built upon the foundation of opportunity for a new life where you can have freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of demonstration. These rights are kept in place by the laws we have drawn out to protect them.


What can we expect to see in the future if our in-place laws are perpetually and repeatedly broken, and people in our nation actually support it? I don't understand at all. How can you break a major law knowingly and still have conscience to scream for handouts and special treatment? As it is, illegal immigrants have complete disregard for US laws, they drive without licenses or insurance, they don't pay taxes, and they undercut wages which directly affects the American citizen's job availability. They're usually poor people who move to our already crowded and quickly expanding ghettos forcing the expansion of the lower class even further, and they somehow collect welfare which is directly funded by the American citizen middle-class to support our less fortunate American Citizen brothers and sisters. They're even allowed to get a bank account and build CREDIT using this money without a SSN. I am literally paying my hard-earned money unwillingly to sustain the influx of unskilled workers who clog the streets I pay to maintain with their barely working vehicles bought from sales lots openly catering to illegal aliens using credit built on the money I paid to the state, no license, and no insurance; meaning if one of these illegals smashes into me because they're too busy wrangling their 5 unruly Citizen children they pumped out for more leverage, and my car gets mashed up and they run so they don't get arrested, I'm left with the bill. I'm becoming smothered and bombarded from every angle by a people who have dragged their old customs, culture, and language from home with them with no desire to integrate into the existing culture at all, instead expecting us to provide them with services suited to their needs.

Their Citizen children that I went to High School with (80% Mexican Heritage Students) are so Pro-Mexico, Anti-American it's sickening. Being a white male with red hair, every day was another day of heckling in a language I don't understand, and conversations held druing my ENGLISH 2 classroom between my Mexican-American teacher and the rest of the Spanish speaking class, while I sat and waited to continue my education, hopefully in the language that I speak and attended school to study. Even the Brazilian foreign exchange students knew better English. Virtually all gangs in my area consist of the mexican population. Every Fourth of July they'd drive their lo-riders with Mexican flags hanging off them blasting their ponch music and speaking in a language that's literally foreign to me, but I'll have to learn soon if I want to function, because now jobs are hiring bilinguals over English-only more and more often to offset the inability to communicate with their illegal or stubborn customers who refuse to learn the existing language.

Everywhere I look everything's either bilingual or in Spanish only. Most of the schools around here removed their options for foreign language classes to push people to learn Spanish. I drive through Burger King and have to place orders through an illegal-parented Citizen that speaks more Spanish than English even after passing high school, thus making communication between us difficult and irritating. While driving to the window to pay for my food, the three advertisements are displayed one English, two Spanish adverts. All state forms come in Spanish and English. I feel like I'm becoming a foreigner in my own country, alienated from a country that my family has been a part of since the Mayflower, that my ancestors have given their blood, sweat, tears, and lives to protect our families, land, and way of life.

Why would I want to support this? Why would I even consider letting this continue even a remote possibility? I don't have anything against Mexican people. I've made more than a few friends of Mexican heritage, granted they've all turned out to be multiple-generation Americans. Please though, if not out of respect for the people that have to accommodate you when you arrive, out of a desire for a welcome hello instead of a general disdain, come legally, work legally, be thankful you have this chance, and please, learn English so the existing residents of this thusfar tolerant and even accommodating country a chance to hold intelligible conversations with you.

I hate feeling this way. I don't like being angry with people, and I don't like feeling pressure of displacement from my home. If your Citizen children cannot even be civil, I have to expect further illegal-borne citizens will not, causing me to view you as unwelcome trespassers, if not invaders. I really feel that voting down proposals to make legal immigration faster, and cheaper, not within the bounds of upholding our founding principles. I MUST vote upholding and strengthening any laws that assist in the illegal crossing of the border to the country I contribute willingly to sustain and vote in to make my voice be heard. It's the only thing I know how to do.
I think you to be justified if you direct this toward the criminal element of the illegals. They, for the most part, eschew the law of the land and live as outlaws. How is this any different from criminals in any society?

The criminal element should not be tolerated by any of us, be us of hispanic descent or not. It is sad tor the country when our government is blackmailed through Politically Correct voices to cater to any that strays from what the constitution of the land lays forth. If you can't adapt to that mindset this country is not for you.

Celebrating one's culture is entirely different than altering the manner in which the government operates.
Criminally, the next step is revolution followed by a coup. The banana republic countries, largely hispanic, operated in this manner during the greater part of the last century. When the president of a country wears a uniform the future is bleak.
If they want to conform and be CITIZENS...that is a different manner.
Running around in criminal fashion doesn't work.

Can we citizens exercise our 2nd amendment rights when the criminal activity gets out of hand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 AM
 
79 posts, read 96,947 times
Reputation: 12
Default The past influences the present

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Seems to me that you are the one who is obsessed.

Tell you what. You call us whatever you like. We, and the rest of the world, will continue to call ourselves Americans.
The point is that you are not "the rest of the world", what do you know about "the rest of the world" ? "The rest of the world" does not call oyu American, because everyone except people in USA knows America is not a country but a continent (or 2 continents, south and north)

Ozark-baby :
Do you really need examples of facts that every USA citizen swallow whatever the USA government (via the media) want them to believe???

nvxplorer :
Sorry that you don't understand me, english is not my first language.
i don't take pleasure in the fact that Chavez hates you, i just remark it. i don't like Chavez, he's a military, and a dictator.
To answer you, USA is a rich country, that's why poor people want to get there. They are so poor they forget poor people are not welcome in USA (that great country of freedom and equality...). Such things happens in Europe too, people from countries europeans have invaded in the past come in Europe because many Europe countries are rich. This is a thing you inherited from your european ancestors, you are in a country that was built thanks to inhuman treatments (same thing in Australia, Europe,...) and now you are proud of your ancestors, you claim their legacy, but pretend it's not your fault if people have suffered because of your ancestors and if their "offspring" (i'm not sure of the world) still suffer nowadays.
It's a fact : original people in Australia are hardly considered as human beings, original people in America live in reserves (not all but many), and let's not talk about Africa...

Do you deny all this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,151 posts, read 26,611,024 times
Reputation: 6441
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
nvxplorer :
To answer you, USA is a rich country, that's why poor people want to get there. They are so poor they forget poor people are not welcome in USA (that great country of freedom and equality...)
Poor people are welcome in the USA... as long as they come here legally.

Many Europeans who immigrated to the USA in the 1800s and 1900s were poor. Including one of my Uncles... he immigrated to the USA in the early 1900s with no money and became a restaurant owner worth one million dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 AM
 
79 posts, read 96,947 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Poor people are welcome in the USA... as long as they come here legally.

Many Europeans who immigrated to the USA in the 1800s and 1900s were poor. Including one of my Uncles... he immigrated to the USA in the early 1900s with no money and became a restaurant owner worth one million dollars.
European people may have been immigrating in the past, but nowadays, poor people from Mexico for example are not allowed to immigrate legally into the USA. i don't know wether it's because they are from Mexico or if it's because they're poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 AM
 
79 posts, read 96,947 times
Reputation: 12
Default it makes me laugh

when i read that "come legally, work legally, be thankful you have this chance, and please, learn English so the existing residents of this thusfar tolerant and even accommodating country a chance to hold intelligible conversations with you." i can't help laughing.
Did the european come legally, work legally, be thankful to come in America, and learn original American languages so the the existing residents of this thusfar tolerant and even accommodating country a chance to hold intelligible conversations with them?
They didn't do that, so as in Australia and Africa. And these are not so ancient facts, so don't pretend "that belongs to the past..." because that's easy to erase the past, and tell "our ancestors did that, not us, we are not responsible" and say "it's our territory, foreigners have to accomodate". Why is it your territory? Because your ancestors stole the land. So stop denying it and erasing your past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 02:57 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,151 posts, read 26,611,024 times
Reputation: 6441
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
European people may have been immigrating in the past, but nowadays, poor people from Mexico for example are not allowed to immigrate legally into the USA. i don't know wether it's because they are from Mexico or if it's because they're poor.
Where did you get that idea? I know of several former co-workers who became citizens a few years ago after immigrating from Mexico and going through the process to become a citizen. And they are not rich!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 03:14 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair View Post
European people may have been immigrating in the past, but nowadays, poor people from Mexico for example are not allowed to immigrate legally into the USA. i don't know wether it's because they are from Mexico or if it's because they're poor.
Do you have a source for this? Something that actually says in our immigration policy "Poor people from Mexico are not allowed to immigrate legally". Do you think that if they can come up with the amount to pay a coyote to sneak them across the border that's equivalent to the amount needed to legally immigrate that it's not about being poor, it's about having no respect for our country or laws? And where exactly are you from? You're obviously not from the US, so what you see on your TV or read on the internet is COMPLETELY different then what's actually going on in real American communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair
To answer you, USA is a rich country, that's why poor people want to get there. They are so poor they forget poor people are not welcome in USA (that great country of freedom and equality...).
Don't insult my country based on your incorrect assumptions, it tends to deeply offend me and everyone else who loves this country and all it stands for. Plus we all know hat happens when we assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fair
Such things happens in Europe too, people from countries europeans have invaded in the past come in Europe because many Europe countries are rich. This is a thing you inherited from your european ancestors, you are in a country that was built thanks to inhuman treatments (same thing in Australia, Europe,...) and now you are proud of your ancestors, you claim their legacy, but pretend it's not your fault if people have suffered because of your ancestors and if their "offspring" (i'm not sure of the world) still suffer nowadays.
Umm, no, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT MY FAULT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. This kind of thinking is repulsive. I was not there, I have never oppressed, enslaved or been inhumane to a soul in my entire life, and I will accept no responsibilty or feel a shred of guilt over something I had nothing to do with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
 
79 posts, read 96,947 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Where did you get that idea? I know of several former co-workers who became citizens a few years ago after immigrating from Mexico and going through the process to become a citizen. And they are not rich!
Yes, the thousands of "illegal" immigrants from Mexico are merely stupid, they just want to break the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 AM
 
79 posts, read 96,947 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Do you have a source for this? Something that actually says in our immigration policy "Poor people from Mexico are not allowed to immigrate legally". Do you think that if they can come up with the amount to pay a coyote to sneak them across the border that's equivalent to the amount needed to legally immigrate that it's not about being poor, it's about having no respect for our country or laws? And where exactly are you from? You're obviously not from the US, so what you see on your TV or read on the internet is COMPLETELY different then what's actually going on in real American communities.

Where i'm from is not important. USA citizens, just like people who live in european countries grant much importance to the origin of the others. i have already come in USA and i have family who live there. And do you want to tell me that everything on TV or the internet is false? Only USA citizens know the truth??? All the rest of the world lies because they hate you?

Don't insult my country based on your incorrect assumptions, it tends to deeply offend me and everyone else who loves this country and all it stands for. Plus we all know hat happens when we assume.

i don't care if a offend you, i'm not going to compassionate with your pain of seeing those damned foreigners come on your floor which your ancestors had to do what they did. And i except it's a joke when you say "we all know hat happens when we assume" ; you are so manipulated by your government with your media... i can compassionate with that.

Umm, no, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT MY FAULT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. This kind of thinking is repulsive. I was not there, I have never oppressed, enslaved or been inhumane to a soul in my entire life, and I will accept no responsibilty or feel a shred of guilt over something I had nothing to do with.
No it's not your fault, but you are happy they did it, because you now live in a wealthy country. You don't want to feel guilty for what your ancestors did, and you can't be blamed for that, but then why are you so proud of your country, why don't you want immigration to be important, and why do you you believe USA is so superior?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top