U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:43 AM

117 posts, read 132,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Hey, you got a good point. It does not change a thing.
Thats what I'm saying. So african immigrants like him. So what, not only so what but isn't that to be expected?
Now if the news was African immigrants hate Obama now that would be a surprise and would be an interesting read.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:53 AM

727 posts, read 1,654,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
One of the ironies of history:

The descendents of the Black slaves here in the USA as a group live like kings compared to most Black Africans whose ancestors were never enslaved by the Europeans/Arabs.

Can someone say sweet revenge?

The best revenge is living well.

Another group whose history has an eerie parallel with the above (former) slaves would be the Irish--------the latter were treated like dogs by the British for hundreds of years. Fast forward to now and the Irish as a group are quite affluent and cultured.
Hahaha "Live like kings?" huh....ok!! I'm going to just let you know that African Americans werent living like kings when we got sprayed with fire hoses....The closest king we ever had was Martin Luther King Jr. but police in La showed us the kings can get beaten to a pulp...hence Rodney King. ehhhhhhhh I agree kinda with the statement above me but AA's and A's have had parallel struggles.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Hahaha "Live like kings?" huh....ok!! I'm going to just let you know that African Americans werent living like kings when we got sprayed with fire hoses....The closest king we ever had was Martin Luther King Jr. but police in La showed us the kings can get beaten to a pulp...hence Rodney King. ehhhhhhhh I agree kinda with the statement above me but AA's and A's have had parallel struggles.
How long ago were Bull Connor's boys spraying the Civil Rights marchers at the Pettus Bridge in Alabama?

Note who is now the POTUS of the USA------------and, he won fair and square.

Things change: it sounds to me that most Americans (of any race/ethnicity) have moved on yet you are still hang on the past.

As for the Black Africans: the colonizers have been gone for two generations now and with the notable exceptions of Botswana, Namibia, and to a lesser extent South Africa-----------all of Sub Saharan Africa is more screwed up today.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:00 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,914,213 times
Quote:
Translation: I really know that I'm wrong on this. Since I really don't have any experience with what I'm talking about. Now it's time to portray a group of people as hardened criminals.

Geez...you really are an interesting person. Not always a good thing. Your attempt at wit is childish and weakened by flawed arguments that never stay on topic. Pretty much every post is America Rah Rah Rah. Which I've stated is not a bad thing, but it lacks thought. Typically one sided and never engages, esp. when wrong. It essentially caters and panders to narrow minded individuals who are paranoid. Great niche you carved out there.

So spare me your unintelligent insults, just stay on topic and don't be a raging idiot. At least try not to. I know it will be hard for you.

Good luck.
more blah . .blah. .. blah. . . personal attacks and name calling because I have no interest is Africa or conversing with you about it. For the final time, I could care less about you, or Africa.

As for the rest of your lame, tired babbling, simply put that's all you have. That and your sarcastic "good luck" wishes. You can keep those as well. I'm an American baby, I was born lucky.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:05 AM

Jdubs are being attacked just because you are black and don't relate to Africans? I am white and german love germany but I really don't relate or care about germany. Guess we are about the same .

Old 01-31-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Jdubs are being attacked just because you are black and don't relate to Africans? I am white and german love germany but I really don't relate or care about germany. Guess we are about the same .
Bingo Africa is not responsible for any of my successes in life.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 AM

What is it with some folks. They think that just because their great grand daddy was whatever then they need to give a damn about the old country. How about old news daddy I am an american and don't care where the boat came from that brought the ancestors over. I care about the USA and my fellow americans.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
What is it with some folks. They think that just because their great grand daddy was whatever then they need to give a damn about the old country. How about old news daddy I am an american and don't care where the boat came from that brought the ancestors over. I care about the USA and my fellow americans.
Agreed. No many how many gazillions of our tax dollars are "donated" to help 3rd world entities become civilized democracies, Africa, like every other 3rd world entity remains in a perpetual state of chaos, poverty and "development".

As a young black child in the 60's, I remember a time when we could not legally: vote, attend white schools, live in white neighborhoods, etc. Those laws have since been abolished and we have come a long way. The same countries that were 3rd world status then, have made little to no progress and pretty much remain in the same condition as they did during my childhood.

So again, what's so great about Africa that I should want to share said experience or conversate about it? It's not like much has changed and in reality, it probably never will.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Hey, you got a good point. It does not change a thing.
Apparently, you don't really agree with what you stated. Here's hoping that one day you will grow up and grow a pair as opposed to attempting to intimidate those who disagree with you. In the future I would appreciate it if you not stalk me or attempt to intimidate me via DM.

BTW, I reported your cowardly, behind the scenes trolling:

that1guy
373 posts, read 108,384 times

Not only American
But a ****ing **** ass *****!!!

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Old 01-31-2009, 12:29 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Sure...I did call you a ****. I also realized that it was wrong. I also think that generalizing an entire group of people is wrong too. I think that you did not want to hear another voice saying that yeah you are right Africa has problems, but don't depict us all with the same. I did sincerely apologize, but because I realized I really don't know you...and therefore have no basis to make such claims. I think that you really should also critically look at your own posts too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or