U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:36 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,597,752 times

Advertisements

Good way to start out what will be a loooooooooong week for conservatives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 01:37 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why were they in jail if they were heroes?
Because they're Hispanics, and they were 'railroaded'...(?) I guess.

Their victim was exonerated, of course. He's Hispanic, too, but the choice was made to spare him, in order to go after the "big fish". Apparently there was a question of "character", and the victim's past record made him look more 'reliable' than two guys with badges.

I'm just glad Bush commuted the guys when he DID...a lesser President might have 'sweated them out' until the last miniute. Luckily Bush did it with 24 hours to spare. Good for him, for doing the 'right thing'...

Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,609 times
That's good.

I'm sure they learned their lesson in the 4 years they went through struggling with court plus time served.
10 years was pretty harsh.

They committed a crime though. Not by shooting the smuggler, but by hiding evidence. I don't think their crime was worth 10 years in the pokey.
The world keeps on spinning.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,303,821 times
I just heard this too. It's great news.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Because they're Hispanics, and they were 'railroaded'...(?) I guess.

Their victim was exonerated, of course. He's Hispanic, too, but the choice was made to spare him, in order to go after the "big fish".

I'm just glad Bush commuted the guys when he DID...a lesser President might have 'sweated them out' until the last miniute. Luckily Bush did it with 24 hours to spare. Good for him, for doing the 'right thing'...
What a funny thing to say.

I guess this was an example of "ethnicity trumping citizenship" for those damn Hispanic 'pro-illegals' somehow.

They don't be supporting them 'Uncle Toms', huh?

"A crime is a crime" to 'pro-illegals' unless it's committed by an illegal.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Add me to the list to see Ramos and Campean commuted as well...........

Note the timing: almost 24 hours to the minute before Obama is sworn in

Now; it is high time to go after that drug dealer.............

Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,345,361 times
They did make some mistakes but shooting the drug dealer wasn't one of them.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:54 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
What a funny thing to say.

I guess this was an example of "ethnicity trumping citizenship" for those damn Hispanic 'pro-illegals' somehow.

They don't be supporting them 'Uncle Toms', huh?

"A crime is a crime" to 'pro-illegals' unless it's committed by an illegal.
This SOUNDS sarcastic, and I always admire a 'pro'...but I'm not 100% clear if you're using two or THREE layers here. Re-word it just a bit, and I PROMISE to react....one way or another.

are you ANTI-anti-illegals....are you PRO drug dealers....are you MAD at gun-happy cops...or just upset with the Texas jury system?

I WANT to get it...and I promise to react to your answer. I'm just a little slow today.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
This SOUNDS sarcastic, and I always admire a 'pro'...but I'm not 100% clear if you're using two or THREE layers here. Re-word it just a bit, and I PROMISE to react....one way or another.

are you ANTI-anti-illegals....are you PRO drug dealers....are you MAD at gun-happy cops...or just upset with the Texas jury system?

I WANT to get it...and I promise to react to your answer. I'm just a little slow today.
Well, I'm still trying to figure out why the "Hispanics yada yada railroaded" comment.
I'm up for a friendly race to see who figures out the other's comment first!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
No the Irony is that they shot a drug smuggler and you pro illegal types still think of him as the victim.
Agreed. In doing their jobs they showed their loyalty to America and the rule of law. The LaRaza crowd is disappointed that they didn't put race before their country.

Ramos and Compean are true American patriots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration