U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:03 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
The reality is that amnesty is long overdue, it is a win-win situation, many undocumented will come out of the closet and will contribute further by paying more taxes, at the same time, for example, they become elegible to get retirement, workers comp, unemployment, etc.
You are aware that over 40% of people who file income tax returns end up paying no taxes, aren't you? Now which grupo do you think your illegal alien with a 9th grade education is going to fall into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
The reality is that amnesty is long overdue, it is a win-win situation, many undocumented will come out of the closet and will contribute further by paying more taxes, at the same time, for example, they become elegible to get retirement, workers comp, unemployment, etc.
I agree. In my mind, I have a vivid mental picture, and I can see your scenario coming to pass. Not only would amnesty reduce our backlog of law-breakers and allow them 'out of the closet', so they can contribute and get retirement, workers' comp, unemployment, etc. it will ALSO send a powerful message to others...who will be encouraged to come here, TOO..so they can come 'out of the closet', contribute, get retirement, workers' comp, unemployment, etc...and when THOSE people get settled in, it will be the 'green light' for a new group..who will, in turn, come here, come 'out of the closet', contribute, get retirement, workers' comp, unemployment, etc....and this 'wave' will be followed by another group, who will come here, come 'out of the closet', get retirement, workers comp, unemployment, etc.

At this point, my 'mental picture' gets a bit hazy, and as it fades away, I see a USA with a standard of living somewhere between that of Bangladesh and Haiti, living in a multicultural utopia something on the order of Bosnia....or possibly Sri Lanka..(it's not too clear, but I see us all 'celebrating our differences' with our VERY different fellow citizens, all of us enjoying each others' cultural uniqueness). I'm not sure where my 'vision' ends, but I can tell you, that in my dreams, we're all working...(not sure what our wage scale will be).

I can see it all NOW......

Old 10-11-2009, 09:11 PM

411 posts, read 402,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are aware that over 40% of people who file income tax returns end up paying no taxes, aren't you? Now which grupo do you think your illegal alien with a 9th grade education is going to fall into?
Yeah you mean federal taxes, which along with > 40% of the population would be excempt, however there are local taxes, fica, medicaire tax, etc., thanks for the info.......

Old 10-11-2009, 09:16 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Win/win?

For whom?

The illegal immigrants who will become legal, demand fair wages for a day's work thus losing their appeal to employers who only want cheap labor; who end up on the public dole and put an even larger strain on the American taxpayer?

Or the next crop of illegal aliens that will flood the country hoping to get in on the next amnesty?

For someone who claims to be a business owner you're not very farsighted are you....

Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Win/win?

For whom?

The illegal immigrants who will become legal, demand fair wages for a day's work thus losing their appeal to employers who only want cheap labor; who end up on the public dole and put an even larger strain on the American taxpayer?

Or the next crop of illegal aliens that will flood the country hoping to get in on the next amnesty?

For someone who claims to be a business owner you're not very farsighted are you....
My agenda stems from the love that I feel for this land, that has given me so much, and in return I have paid my dues to it with honor by paying lots of money in taxation, I see in this forum, people with agenda based on hate, I support the "hispanization" of the USA because it strengthtens
morals and family values in a disintigrating society......

Old 10-11-2009, 09:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
My agenda stems from the love that I feel for this land, that has given me so much, and in return I have paid my dues to it with honor by paying lots of money in taxation, I see in this forum, people with agenda based on hate, I support the "hispanization" of the USA because it strengthtens
Looks like your grupo needs to put a little more emphasis on morals and family values.

Teenage pregnancies: Growing pains | The Economist

Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 PM

60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Checkout the cost of a legal employee that is actually on the books, not even including the wage you will pay them be it high or low. They will no longer be desirable.

Now you will see the motive for more to come fill the void, if 20 million are made legal.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Looks like your grupo needs to put a little more emphasis on morals and family values.

Teenage pregnancies: Growing pains | The Economist

I see it, and to me it is concerning that for hispanics the curve is downward, and for "white" it is upgoing, hispanics want majority asap...

Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
I see it, and to me it is concerning that for hispanics the curve is downward, and for "white" it is upgoing, hispanics want majority asap...
Hispanics are already the majority in 22 countries on the western hemisphere. How many countries do you need to dominate and be the majority in? It is just plain racist to want to take over a country that already has a dominant society.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
You have no right to impose your values good or bad on any country by invading it illegally and changing the traditional society, culture and language to your own. It is BS to claim that Hispanics have better morals or family values than any other ethnic group. Why are you Hispanics so full of yourselves? Me thinks it is a cover up for your low self esteem since you can't seem to make your own countries successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or