U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
61,071 posts, read 30,991,503 times
Reputation: 13017

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I honestly dont think that immigration issues should be number one. We should be focusing our efforts more on the economy, healthcare, ending the wars that are costly us so much money. However, some of these issues overlap with immigration and if raids continue to happen, which does affect our communities, we have no choice but to place it as a priority.

Illegal immigration, has a big effect on the American economy and the unemployment rates we see today.

How many American citizens are unemployed today? Include everyone, not just those collecting unemployment, to be counted.

How many "under estimated" illegal aliens are in the USA?


Healthcare needs to be put on the back burner, and the economy be brought to the high heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The same could be said about extremists that believe America should remain predominately white.
And why not? Isn't Mexico predominantly Hispanic? Isn't China predominantly Asian in culture and language? Why is it racist for a white majority America to want to retain their majority? It really isn't so much about race anyway as it is about our culture and language. If whites and blacks become the minority due to an illegal invasion by an ethnic group that has a different native tongue other than English and an entirely different culture than our traditional one do you really believe that we will keep our traditional identity? Look what happened to Miami for a clue even though the Cubans came here as refugees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 06:29 PM
 
411 posts, read 403,490 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And why not? Isn't Mexico predominantly Hispanic? Isn't China predominantly Asian in culture and language? Why is it racist for a white majority America to want to retain their majority? It really isn't so much about race anyway as it is about our culture and language. If whites and blacks become the minority due to an illegal invasion by an ethnic group that has a different native tongue other than English and an entirely different culture than our traditional one do you really believe that we will keep our traditional identity? Look what happened to Miami for a clue even though the Cubans came here as refugees.

Well, well, hispanic is not a race, it is a cultural ethnicity, in Argentine for example the perxentage of caucasian peopl is much higher than in the USA, in mexico there are blacks, whites and some african american, although the proportion of african american is much higher in the usa, when it comes to language, well spanish is what is common to all hispanics, and is a growing and very important language in the usa, and BTW, cubans and portorricans among others have made miami a very nice place, it is actually a magnet for european and upscale latin-american tourism......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 07:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Well, well, hispanic is not a race, it is a cultural ethnicity, in Argentine for example the perxentage of caucasian peopl is much higher than in the USA, in mexico there are blacks, whites and some african american, although the proportion of african american is much higher in the usa, when it comes to language, well spanish is what is common to all hispanics, and is a growing and very important language in the usa, and BTW, cubans and portorricans among others have made miami a very nice place, it is actually a magnet for european and upscale latin-american tourism......
If you had bothered to read any of my posts you would know that I have repeated over and over that Hispanic is not a race but a culture. This isn't really about race it is about culture. But the only way that our identifying culture will stay in tack is by repelling this illegal invasion from mostly one foreign ethnic/cultural group and retaining our white and black majority.

Why talk about the minority of different races/cultures that live in Agentina, Mexico or any other country as an argument against my point? We all have minority groups in our countries. But when and if these minority groups outnumber the traditional identifying society then the country's culture and language will be changed to that of the new majority group. Why is that so hard for you to understand? It isn't rocket science, you know.

As for Miami, my point was that it doesn't resemble mainstream America's traditional society and culture. It may be nice for the Cubans taking over an entire American city and turning it into something not traditiional but it also proves what can happen to the rest of America when an entirely different ethnic group takes over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 07:42 PM
 
411 posts, read 403,490 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If you had bothered to read any of my posts you would know that I have repeated over and over that Hispanic is not a race but a culture. This isn't really about race it is about culture. But the only way that our identifying culture will stay in tack is by repelling this illegal invasion from mostly one foreign ethnic/cultural group and retaining our white and black majority.

Why talk about the minority of different races/cultures that live in Agentina, Mexico or any other country as an argument against my point? We all have minority groups in our countries. But when and if these minority groups outnumber the traditional identifying society then the country's culture and language will be changed to that of the new majority group. Why is that so hard for you to understand? It isn't rocket science, you know.

As for Miami, my point was that it doesn't resemble mainstream America's traditional society and culture. It may be nice for the Cubans taking over an entire American city and turning it into something not traditiional but it also proves what can happen to the rest of America when an entirely different ethnic group takes over.
I don't see what your concern is, you can make the same argument for most larger cities in the USA, where there is a huge hispanic influence,
take for example, LA, San Antonio, NYC, Chicago, etc., there are also the ones that are overwhelmigly african american such as washington, Detroit, atlanta, none of these cities appear to be consistent with the definition of a "trditional" city.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I don't see what your concern is, you can make the same argument for most larger cities in the USA, where there is a huge hispanic influence,
take for example, LA, San Antonio, NYC, Chicago, etc., there are also the ones that are overwhelmigly african american such as washington, Detroit, atlanta, none of these cities appear to be consistent with the definition of a "trditional" city.......
First it is one city, then the entire country. This is what happens when too many of one ethnic group are allowed to enter a country. Most of this "Hispanic" influence is directly due to illegal immigration from south of our border. It isn't a natural occurance. As for Blacks, they speak English, our cultures have melded, they have always been a part of our identifying culture and they aren't trying to turn this country into Africa. They are completely Ameriicanized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 08:02 PM
 
411 posts, read 403,490 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
First it is one city, then the entire country. This is what happens when too many of one ethnic group are allowed to enter a country. Most of this "Hispanic" influence is directly due to illegal immigration from south of our border. It isn't a natural occurance. As for Blacks, they speak English, our cultures have melded, they have always been a part of our identifying culture and they aren't trying to turn this country into Africa. They are completely Ameriicanized.
I beg to disagree, yes they speak english, just like hispanics do(the vast majority of hispanics speak spanish as a second language), but that's just about the only aspect of "melding" as there is, have you seen church on Sundays, have tou been through africa american neighborhoods, etc.
Hispanic influence in the USA began with the settlement of the first european city in the usa territory by Juan Ponce De Leon, 100 years before Mayflower met Plymouth rock......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I beg to disagree, yes they speak english, just like hispanics do(the vast majority of hispanics speak spanish as a second language), but that's just about the only aspect of "melding" as there is, have you seen church on Sundays, have tou been through africa american neighborhoods, etc.
Hispanic influence in the USA began with the settlement of the first european city in the usa territory by Juan Ponce De Leon, 100 years before Mayflower met Plymouth rock......
Yes, most Hispanic citizens do speak English but many still prefer Spanish as their primary language of usage. Far too many support this illegal invasion just because most of the illegals are ethnically like themselves. Some Chicanos have a reconquista mindset and will pass this on down to their children. Culturally, I think they resist real assimilation from what I have observed and heard. But the real problem is the illegal kind. They are coming here in droves and their culture believes in a high pro-creation rate. When a culture of peoples believe that law breaking is ok and come from a country where corruption prevails and some with the belief that whitey stole their land, I see only trouble on the horizon. As their numbers continue to grow that is a real threat to our identifying culture and language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
 
411 posts, read 403,490 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, most Hispanic citizens do speak English but many still prefer Spanish as their primary language of usage. Far too many support this illegal invasion just because most of the illegals are ethnically like themselves. Some Chicanos have a reconquista mindset and will pass this on down to their children. Culturally, I think they resist real assimilation from what I have observed and heard. But the real problem is the illegal kind. They are coming here in droves and their culture believes in a high pro-creation rate. When a culture of peoples believe that law breaking is ok and come from a country where corruption prevails and some with the belief that whitey stole their land, I see only trouble on the horizon. As their numbers continue to grow that is a real threat to our identifying culture and language.

I will certainly give you that, no system of government is perfect, and
most people including me, agree that we have just about the best, and
almost all hispanics immigrants I know agree with it wholeheartedly, in
a significant way that's why people feel comfortable here, because in
most countries outside the bigger economic western powers, you need to be part of the elite if you want to go somewhere, if someone is against
immigration, so be it, but to imply that people come here with the hidden
agenda of transforming this country, is just not a reality......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2009, 07:53 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
I will certainly give you that, no system of government is perfect, and
most people including me, agree that we have just about the best, and
almost all hispanics immigrants I know agree with it wholeheartedly, in
a significant way that's why people feel comfortable here, because in
most countries outside the bigger economic western powers, you need to be part of the elite if you want to go somewhere, if someone is against
immigration, so be it, but to imply that people come here with the hidden
agenda of transforming this country, is just not a reality......
Oh, but it is a reality to some of them. But even if many don't come here with the idea of transforming our country it will just happen automatically by their sheer numbers. I am not opposed to legal immigration in controlled numbers from different ethnic groups. I am opposed to illegal immigration in general and in particular when the majority of them are mostly from one ethnic group which is what has been happening for decades now. That is what will transform our country down the road if we don't put a halt to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top