Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

The insanity continues. . . .

Quote:
A lawyer for minority advocacy groups says a federal court should stop Arizona from requiring that people using a federal form to register to vote by mail also submit documents to prove citizenship.

Nina Perales of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund told a 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel that another panel’s previous ruling misinterpreted a federal voting law that plainly pre-empts the state.
Court urged to drop Ariz. proof of citizenship in mail voter registration | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/314030 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 03:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The insanity continues. . . .

Court urged to drop Ariz. proof of citizenship in mail voter registration | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/314030 - broken link)
Wow, now that makes no sense at all.

If they dropped that requirement that would mean people who cannot prove their citizenship can vote in all US elections.

The floodgates are open! Someone's got water on the brain!

Old 10-20-2009, 03:18 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
A lot of people who are born here have to go through hell just to get an AZ ID card, let alone register to vote. It is insanity.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:18 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Right, because it's racist to demand proof of citizenship in order to vote in an election in which only citizens are supposed to vote.....

Old 10-20-2009, 04:09 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund? You are either American or Mexican but Mexicans aren't supposed to be voting in American elections. This is indeed whacked.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
MALDEF: if you love your raza so damn much: how about speaking out against illegal aliens? The latter make all American Hispanics look very bad---------esopecially the Mestizo ones.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 PM

163 posts, read 240,871 times
Good Lord...I can't wait to get out of this insane asylum called Arizona!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
Good Lord...I can't wait to get out of this insane asylum called Arizona!
Actually; things here are getting tougher for illegal aliens.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:55 AM

163 posts, read 240,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; things here are getting tougher for illegal aliens.
You're absolutely right about that. The employer sanctions law has been a godsend...Since it went into effect I can now go into local businesses and communicate more easily with employees, I see much less graffiti around my area, no more bone rattling music coming from the cars (and less traffic overall) and my neighborhood seems to have calmed down (no more loud late night parties, no more strange people wandering around all night, no crap cluttering up the yards, etc).

There is still a long way to go though and things like the topic of this post just seem designed to set things back to the way they were.

I still want out though...I'm an east coast gal at heart and this southwest style of living ain't for me!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:16 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
You're absolutely right about that. The employer sanctions law has been a godsend...Since it went into effect I can now go into local businesses and communicate more easily with employees, I see much less graffiti around my area, no more bone rattling music coming from the cars (and less traffic overall) and my neighborhood seems to have calmed down (no more loud late night parties, no more strange people wandering around all night, no crap cluttering up the yards, etc).

There is still a long way to go though and things like the topic of this post just seem designed to set things back to the way they were.

I still want out though...I'm an east coast gal at heart and this southwest style of living ain't for me!
According to the apologists Illegals are very quiet and hide in the shadows for fear of being deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration