Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
We're headed for a "Sudetenland" situation here in the southwest.:-(
I have to disagree there: unlike 1930's Czechoslovakia; the USA has 10 times the economic power of Mexico---------with its attendent military power ramifications.

Unless you are inferring that the 'Sudetenland' is actually northern Mexico with many US citizens (Hispanic or otherwise) living there.

As for Arizona: the pro illegal cause is weakening here--------hell, many US citizen Latinos flat refuse to visit Mexico anymore due to the growing dangers there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
You are the exact reason this country is going down the tubes fast. Why would you ask for proof?

I'm willing to be you are one of the people who say " they do jobs Americans don't want to do". Tell that to the IT guy who just delivered my pizza. Meanwhile the illegals are down the street all over the contruction site painting, laying bricks, etc. Yep, no unemployed American would want those jobs!

Well,my wish to you is that your neighborhood becomes "diversified" just like FormerCaliforniaGirl's did.
Jenny,

As ArizonaBear pointed out, we're on the same side.

We should always discuss the problems of illegal immigration honestly and with evidence to back up our claims. That is why wanted FormerCaliforniaGirl to post some evidence. I was not accusing her of being a liar.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 04-02-2009 at 12:01 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have to disagree there: unlike 1930's Czechoslovakia; the USA has 10 times the economic power of Mexico---------with its attendent military power ramifications.

Unless you are inferring that the 'Sudetenland' is actually northern Mexico with many US citizens (Hispanic or otherwise) living there.

As for Arizona: the pro illegal cause is weakening here--------hell, many US citizen Latinos flat refuse to visit Mexico anymore due to the growing dangers there.
Are you sure it's not because we are in the midst of a major economic downturn and priorities have shifted?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,844 times
the border will be closed very soon due to drug wars

Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Are you sure it's not because we are in the midst of a major economic downturn and priorities have shifted?
As for Americans (Hispanic or otherwise): word has it that Mexico is to be avoided-----------and, even the legit SoB merchants are upset.

Illegals: they are much thinner on the ground here compared to even 1 year ago.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
the border will be closed very soon due to drug wars
I have to agree------------and, even Mexico is starting really to scrutinize people driving there as well.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:17 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
That's so true! You should hear all the radio ads these days on the top 40 stations advertising vacations in beautiful Mexico! Their tourist industry is booming!

I have some friends that lease (US citizens are not allowed to own land in Mexico) lots on the Baja Peninsula and have built lovely homes there, right on the beach! No building codes, permits and the lot taxes are less than $700/year. However, the Federales can confiscate the homes at any time.
Yea, I heard about that booming tourist industry. Kidnapping, rape. robbries and drugs would make anyone feel safe in Baja. Be sure to take a lot of bribe money + an AK47 or two. Don't take the wife and
kids unless you have big insurance policies on them. BTW, be sure to leave a note where someone can find it after you vanish.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
when I read these posts I feel like posting the pictures of my travels around Mexico, hmmm perhaps I'll do.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:24 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
when I read these posts I feel like posting the pictures of my travels around Mexico, hmmm perhaps I'll do.
I think you should. Mexico is beautiful....I'm missing it like crazy right now. Please do post!

Anyway, I just had a group of friends go to different parts of Mexico for spring break and came back cracking up about how ridiculous these claims of "cartel wars" are. They felt even safer than in U.S. streets and some did not even know how to speak a lick of Spanish.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have to agree------------and, even Mexico is starting really to scrutinize people driving there as well.
AZ no offense but have you ever been to Mexico before? How do you know that Mexico is starting to scrutinize people driving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration