Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:24 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
'

Okay...I must admit I'm growing a bit weary of being called a liar.

My story is true. My experiences were real. It was as bad as I described. And I am 100% certain that the majority of my nightmare Hispanic neighbors were living in this country illegally. Take that as you will.

It's funny...I just read an article the other day on the CNN website that was about an illegal immigrant from Guadalajara (living in California) who went to the police to report that the man he sold his 14-year-old daughter to, never paid up. He sold her to a 20-year-old man for $16,000, numerous cases of beer and cigarettes, and food. In the article the police officer said that the man genuinely had no idea he'd done anything wrong....that this sort of thing is commonplace where the man is from.

If you don't believe me. Google it. Just use search words "Man sells daughter for $16,000 and beer in California" It will pop up.
Kele's right. Don't waste your time trying to convince bk or the 1. Their attitude is typical to most in Northern VA. Sadly, that attitude is common among our elected officials in Northern VA. As long as illegal lovers stay in power the only ways you can have a chance is to turn your house into Ft. Knox or move away. I'm currently trying to do the latter to the Ft. Knox/Louisville area ironically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 08:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Kele's right. Don't waste your time trying to convince bk or the 1. Their attitude is typical to most in Northern VA. Sadly, that attitude is common among our elected officials in Northern VA. As long as illegal lovers stay in power the only ways you can have a chance is to turn your house into Ft. Knox or move away. I'm currently trying to do the latter to the Ft. Knox/Louisville area ironically.
My opinion of NoVa inside the Beltway is sketchy---------at best. Either one is in or one is out----------way out of the loop.

I being a DC native can say that. That area's cliqueness (sp) makes 'plastic' SoCal seem almost normal by comparison.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
again, like someone asked previously, what neighborhood is this in? Youve fled the alleged hellhole, so I'm sure you wouldnt mind sharing an intersection near the neighborhood.

On a personal note, recently I've moved from an established Chicano neighborhood to an area in the San Fernando Valley that I hear a lot about being overrun by illegals and a sign of the destruction they leave. I was expecting something like Escape From New York.

Drove to Reseda today and I couldn't find the slaughtered live stock, the Santeria shrines, the 13 year old girls walking with 6 children. Just people going about their day. There were a lot of people that appeared to be of Central American heritage, but they weren't doing anything too satanic.

Got a clean haircut by a Salvadorian who spoke to me in English, shopped at a Vallarta(hispanic grocery store). The clerk of Central American heritage(that I'm positive many of you would assume to be illegal on sight) spoke to me in "unaccented" English.

Were any of the people I saw illegal? Don't know, didn't ask. I got good customer service in English though, and didn't feel unsafe on the street. I guess demographic changes can be scary to some.

San Diegos a great place. Perfect weather, perfect freeways, extremely safe. The real reason people leave is because its expensive as hell. But I always love to visit.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:00 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,176 times
FCG,

I know what you mean there are parts of Houston that are filled with people that have no papers. I have also been to places in Carson, Wilmington, and Long beach where even the stores did not have anyone that spoke English! i am talking about places like freaking McDonald's! In Houston we have this state senator Hubert Vo. he acts like he is the poor immigrant Vietnamese guy that hit it big by working hard here. yes I give him that...but what has he done with the millions he made running a computer business...Well he owns 3 massive apartment complexes that had 100's of serious code violations. But no one ever really complained because most of the residents were...guess what...illegal!

Plus the news jumped on him for the way he lived compared to his tenants. He lived lavishly in a 23,000+ SF mansion in a very posh area of Houston. It has been on sale now for over a year because he doesn't want people to think that he has lots of money.
31 W Rivercrest, Houston, TX 77042

A guy that did some work for me, told me that also did some work for him told me he spent close to $8 Million to build it....so he is taking a huge hit to "look" like the common man.

Clear Choice In Texas House District 149 : Lone Star Times

What can you do?
1) Stop any form of welfare to illegals,
2 Close borders
3) Freeze Mexican assets until their worthless government cracks down.

From Michael Savage:

- Have illegal aliens build a wall between the United States and Mexico, and then, repatriate them. Pay them a one-time worker fee.

- Mexico. Force Mexico to pay one barrel of oil for every illegal alien in the United States of America per month.

more here:
The Savage Manifesto (http://michaelsavage.wnd.com/?pageId=404 - broken link)

Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
'

Okay...I must admit I'm growing a bit weary of being called a liar.

My story is true. My experiences were real. It was as bad as I described. And I am 100% certain that the majority of my nightmare Hispanic neighbors were living in this country illegally. Take that as you will.

It's funny...I just read an article the other day on the CNN website that was about an illegal immigrant from Guadalajara (living in California) who went to the police to report that the man he sold his 14-year-old daughter to, never paid up. He sold her to a 20-year-old man for $16,000, numerous cases of beer and cigarettes, and food. In the article the police officer said that the man genuinely had no idea he'd done anything wrong....that this sort of thing is commonplace where the man is from.

If you don't believe me. Google it. Just use search words "Man sells daughter for $16,000 and beer in California" It will pop up.
What neighborhood is this? Since you don't live there anymore, you don't mind sharing do you?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What neighborhood is this? Since you don't live there anymore, you don't mind sharing do you?
It was Spring Valley, CA...a suburb of San Diego.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:15 PM

197 posts, read 265,961 times
Quote:
Here is my story of how illegal immigration affected my life.

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. After years of scrimping and saving and sacrificing, I finally saved enough money to buy a modest older house in a quiet, clean, middle-class neighborhood. The homes were simple, and there were no Homeowner's Associations or clubhouses, but the lawns were green, the trees trimmed, the gardens well-kept, and my neighbors were quiet and friendly. It was perfect for me.

Until the illegals arrived.

Prior to the illegal invasion into my neighborhood, I didn't give illegal immigration much thought. But I remember feeling compassion for them, and feeling that we should give them a break. But the illegals destroyed every shred of compassion I had for them. In fact, I came to hate them.

My slide from compassion to loathing the illegals started back in 2000 when the housing prices in San Diego started to skyrocket. Many of my neighbors decided to cash in and move up to bigger houses and more upscale neighborhoods. Tragically, most of the new buyers in my neighborhood were slumlords looking to rent for awhile and then turn a profit by selling the house.

At first it wasn't too bad. There were just a handful of houses with illegals residing in them. But faster than I could deal with, things deteriorated to the point where my once-lovely neighborhood resembled a Tijuana slum.

Most of the illegals violated every zoning and health code there was. They couldn't afford trash pick-up, so they simply allowed their trash to pile up all over their driveways and lawns...attracting rats, flies and stray dogs.

They owned chickens and goats, which they slaughtered in their backyards. The roosters crowed all day long, and on hot summer days, the stench from the chicken and goat poop was almost unbearable. The fly population quadrupled!

Teenage "Latinas" turned tricks on bunkbeds in their garages. Hispanic men sat out on their driveways all night long and drank beer, jabbered in Spanish and blared their mariachi music.

Lawns died, weeds grew to enormous heights, gardens died, and grafitti started to show up everywhere.

One year, I noticed a trend of most of the illegals hanging Mexican flags on the front of their houses.

When I would come home from work at night, I was often greeted by chickens loitering on my lawn. And there was always chicken poop all over the sidewalks.

The police came and went on a regular basis...mostly due to complaints of noise or prostitution. But nothing ever changed. After awhile it almost seemed that if anybody called the police on the illegals, the police would get annoyed at us for bothering them!

One time I called the Planning Department to file a complaint about a illegal (and dangerous) structure one of the illegals was building, and the woman I spoke with actually suggested I was racist.

One day, I was up on my roof with my dad looking at some shingle issues, and as I looked down on my illegal neighbor's backyard, I spotted a Hispanic man defectating on a bush. Yes, you heard me right. I saw a Hispanic man pooping on a bush in his backyard! I guess that with 30 people sharing a 1-bath house, he must have gotten desperate.

I would see pregnant 14-year-old "Latinas" loitering on the corners when they should have been in school. I would see the "Latinas" in the grocery store, using their food stamps, with their huge broods of children (anchor babies) in tow.

But the last straw for me was the night I was in my living room, watching American Idol, and I heard a commotion in my backyard, along the side of my house. I went into my garage and looked out my garage window, and there were two illegals...two teenage girls...apparently hiding from the cops in my backyard! One of them was throwing up on my lawn mower!

Somebody had called the police because of the drugs and prostitution, so when they police arrived, the girls, obviously under the influence of drugs, bolted into my backyard.

So when I couldn't take it anymore. I sold my house and moved very far from California. And there is NOTHING you can tell me that will convince me that all the Mexican and Central American illegal immigrants in this country are GOOD for the U.S. Sorry, but that's not what I experienced.

I experienced filth...disgusting filth. I experienced a culture of grown men having sex with young girls (sometimes for money, sometimes not). I experienced dozens of people living in one small home, pooping in their backyards, slaughtering chickens and goats, and existing on public assistance. None of the women worked, and if the men were working, I don't know when. What I saw was a lot of beer-driinking and hanging out listening to music.

I saw how fast they could destroy a neighborhood with their neanderthal culture and their backward ways.

Because of the illegals, I left my home, my family, and a job I loved. I'm very happy where I am now (in the midwest), but I DREAD that they will do to this state, what they did to California.
For what I see, this seems to be a problem related to your own socio-economic status, rather than a racial situation, everywhere in the United States will you see run-down neighborhoods like the ones you mention, they can be predominantly Hillbillie, or african-american, asian, black, etc.
the common denominator there is poor socio-economic status. Hispanics in fact are the only one of the major population groups in the United States
with decreasing povery levels, and decreasing crime rates.
The "so called" "white anglos" in contrast are the ones that fill our sidewalks and train-stations homeless, and hopeless, truly worse than thirld world picture. If the "so callled" "white anglos" are so great why don't they help their own families, it is a disgrace, they shoul learn family values from hispanics, italians, etc.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
For what I see, this seems to be a problem related to your own socio-economic status, rather than a racial situation, everywhere in the United States will you see run-down neighborhoods like the ones you mention, they can be predominantly Hillbillie, or african-american, asian, black, etc.
the common denominator there is poor socio-economic status. Hispanics in fact are the only one of the major population groups in the United States
with decreasing povery levels, and decreasing crime rates.
The "so called" "white anglos" in contrast are the ones that fill our sidewalks and train-stations homeless, and hopeless, truly worse than thirld world picture. If the "so callled" "white anglos" are so great why don't they help their own families, it is a disgrace, they shoul learn family values from hispanics, italians, etc.
I respectfully disagree. I bought my house for $195,000 in 2000, and sold it for $380,000 in 2006. The community in 2000 was definitely older, and the houess were modest, but this was not a slum neighborhood.

What happened was that as the housing prices inflated at a ridiculous rate between 1999 and 2006, there was a mass exodus from my neighborhood because people who bought their homes for $50,000 in 1970, were able to sell anywhere from $350,000 to $450,000 by 2005. They cashed out and moved to bigger houses.

The buyers of the homes in my neighborhood were investors who were banking on the home values continuing their rapid upward trend. Their plan was to rent for awhile and then sell at a profit.

The problem is that everybody was buying houses in the frenzy, and so renters were hard to come by. So landlords started renting to illegals...and the illegals started bringing in more illegals...and it just went downhill from there.

I'm sorry everybody. But I'm going to make this my last post. Surprisingly, this thread has not been cathartic for me. It's actually brought back a lot of bad memories, and old bitterness.

But I'm happy now. I'm in a community where people don't sell their children for beer, or slaughter chickens in their garages. I think I'll just be grateful for where I am, and move on.

But thanks for all the comments...good and bad. It was, to say the least, "enlightning".

Old 01-21-2009, 09:31 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
It was Spring Valley, CA...a suburb of San Diego.

Quote:
Mean prices in 2007: All housing units: $383,534; Detached houses: $452,346; Townhouses or other attached units: $320,879; In 2-unit structures: $273,423; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $232,787; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $257,600; Mobile homes: $23,259
Quote:
Estimated median household income in 2007: $63,375 (it was $48,271 in 2000)
http://www.city-data.com/city/Spring...alifornia.html

Your opinions please on Spring Valley

Interesting.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 PM

Okay...THIS is my last post (LOL!). Your post, blacknight04, just proved what I posted above (see my post before this).

Spring Valley has it's older areas, and newer areas. I lived in the older section. That is the section that went downhill due to illegals.

See ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration