U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,907,713 times

Advertisements

Spring Valley has some shady areas. And they aren't all Hispanic.

Op before you leave, care to give an intersection? Ill be more than happy to do a little city data investigatin' on my next sd visit. I gotta see this debauchery and evilness myself.

Never been to Spring Valley. I tend to think of it as the boonies, out of the way. Have heard of it being somewhat ghetto though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:05 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,667,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
For what I see, this seems to be a problem related to your own socio-economic status, rather than a racial situation, everywhere in the United States will you see run-down neighborhoods like the ones you mention, they can be predominantly Hillbillie, or african-american, asian, black, etc.
the common denominator there is poor socio-economic status. Hispanics in fact are the only one of the major population groups in the United States
with decreasing povery levels, and decreasing crime rates.
The "so called" "white anglos" in contrast are the ones that fill our sidewalks and train-stations homeless, and hopeless, truly worse than thirld world picture. If the "so callled" "white anglos" are so great why don't they help their own families, it is a disgrace, they shoul learn family values from hispanics, italians, etc.
In white culture you fend for yourself. A good many single white homeless men are mentally ill, alcholics, drug addicts, and family rejects. I sure dont want that type in my home to bring me down.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
For what I see, this seems to be a problem related to your own socio-economic status, rather than a racial situation, everywhere in the United States will you see run-down neighborhoods like the ones you mention, they can be predominantly Hillbillie, or african-american, asian, black, etc.
the common denominator there is poor socio-economic status. Hispanics in fact are the only one of the major population groups in the United States
with decreasing povery levels, and decreasing crime rates.
The "so called" "white anglos" in contrast are the ones that fill our sidewalks and train-stations homeless, and hopeless, truly worse than thirld world picture. If the "so callled" "white anglos" are so great why don't they help their own families, it is a disgrace, they shoul learn family values from hispanics, italians, etc.
Funny and very sad: I see people of all 'races' suffering like your putative White Anglo males here in the Phx area------------can someone say equal opportunity poverty/hard luck around here? Flip side here: many of the above are alcoholics, etc.--------and, I will not 'enable' their behavior by feeding them. Sometimes, Tough Love is in order to force many of the above to accept the fact they have problems and to grow up.

And your comment still does not give a pass to those criminals from SOB or anyplace else here illegally. Besides: why in the hell are those damn illegal aliens here in the USA with many folks facing homelessness courtesy of the recession/depression who were solid Middle Class with its attendant values and cannot find any work?

And I repeat: capture said illegals, take down their DNA, strip them of everything they own except for the clothes on their backs then throw them out of the USA If caught here again: place said criminals in tent cities in North Dakota for a few months.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:40 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,068,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Good grief! What rock did you crawl out from under? You need to do some homework on this...underage prostitution among illegals is RAMPANT.

With regard to my post being an "essay"...I'll take that as a compliment.

I mean, please...just because I'm capable of composing a coherent post, with coherent thoughts, don't assume that it's some essay copied and pasted from somebody else's writings.

My posts are 100% my own words, and are a result of my own experiences.
Look, your post didn't ring true for me. What can I say? Give Antialphabet the intersection, or better yet your old address and lets find out how hellish the hood has gotten.

Now I lived in a part of town that has a massive illegal alien presence, and through that a gang presense as well. What I saw was overcrowding, young men hanging out on sidewalks waiting for work, spanish being spoken exclusively and gang tagging.
I didn't see chickens or pigs or underage prostitution -- at least walking the streets. I do know that it does exist, btw.

So, it is possible that you are telling the truth but it is equally possible that you are either lying or exagerrating. The reason I am calling you out on it is that each time someone lies about problems from illegal immigration it hurts the cause to stop illegal immigration. I recall the high school girl who said she was beaten up by illegals because she made an anti illegal immigration sign for a class project. She lied. I also recall some woman in the minute men project lying about being raped and beaten by illegal immigrants as a form of retaliation for her work. She also lied. It happens. But it hurts the reputation of everyone who is against illegal immigration when it does happen. It pays to be cautious.

Last edited by camping!; 01-22-2009 at 09:26 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 09:13 AM

291 posts, read 354,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Yes, my story is accurate (and true). And no, I didn't take any pictures or file any police reports (I only called the police to report the noise, and was most often told somebody had already called...but I never filed a report).

And maybe it's subjective. Maybe somebody else wouldn't have found the same circumstances as shocking or disturbing as I did. Or, maybe if these conditions occurred in a more rural area, and not in a big, modern metropolis like San Diego, then it wouldn't have been so disturbing.

The point is, I'm just an everyday American "Jane", and I had nothing against illegal immigrants until I found myself living amongst them. And that was the point of my post.
We are suffering a similar situation , calling the department of housing and various other city officials to uphold the laws that once were taken for granted no longer are enforced.we are in a la suburb los angeles is a saction city and every one knows that the illegals have better rights than us.
I think we need a class action suit agaist the city/state for deliberatly harboring these criminals and wercking our lives !

All I know is its unbearable, and much like the op once i felt sorry for the border crossers too. Thanks for the post, its delightful to hear someone that can actualy speak about it with some truth.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 AM

291 posts, read 354,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
again, like someone asked previously, what neighborhood is this in? Youve fled the alleged hellhole, so I'm sure you wouldnt mind sharing an intersection near the neighborhood.

On a personal note, recently I've moved from an established Chicano neighborhood to an area in the San Fernando Valley that I hear a lot about being overrun by illegals and a sign of the destruction they leave. I was expecting something like Escape From New York.

Drove to Reseda today and I couldn't find the slaughtered live stock, the Santeria shrines, the 13 year old girls walking with 6 children. Just people going about their day. There were a lot of people that appeared to be of Central American heritage, but they weren't doing anything too satanic.

Got a clean haircut by a Salvadorian who spoke to me in English, shopped at a Vallarta(hispanic grocery store). The clerk of Central American heritage(that I'm positive many of you would assume to be illegal on sight) spoke to me in "unaccented" English.

Were any of the people I saw illegal? Don't know, didn't ask. I got good customer service in English though, and didn't feel unsafe on the street. I guess demographic changes can be scary to some.

San Diegos a great place. Perfect weather, perfect freeways, extremely safe. The real reason people leave is because its expensive as hell. But I always love to visit.

give it time, then again, if the constant shootings, robbings, rapes dont bother you, you'll be right at home.two years ago i worked for an isp over there and every other day the streets were blocked off or the buildings being searched or the guy laying dead in the alley.. on and on..
learn to speak spanish now!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
give it time, then again, if the constant shootings, robbings, rapes dont bother you, you'll be right at home.two years ago i worked for an isp over there and every other day the streets were blocked off or the buildings being searched or the guy laying dead in the alley.. on and on..
learn to speak spanish now!
As the economy implodes---------I still maintain that California will turn against the illegal aliens in blind fury. I will leave it at that.

Mexico is also showing classic signs of a 'failed nation' as we speak.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 PM

627 posts, read 782,960 times
Smile Those Who Don't Belong Here

There isn't any doubt in my mind that FCG is right on the money when she speaks of the many pitfalls of the enormous immigrant problems in our great country.

IMO there is indeed many fallacies circulated but not by people like FCG---who are the victims in more ways than one--or did we overlook that fact.

One fallacy is that Americans can't or won't do that kind of work, baloney--with as many able bodied inmates that can pick up litter etc, they can also pick produce. Another fallacy is that because we are a nation of immigrants this mess is natural and acceptable. Founding immigration hardly resembled what we see now and it didn't impact in the manner that this uncivil illegality does now. Those are just for starters.

People that get around, are socially atuned and sensitive to this issue know that not only are these situations alive and well, they are getting worse and the ramifications are ever more detrimental to American quality of life.

Charity begins at home, as does discipline and law and order.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
There isn't any doubt in my mind that FCG is right on the money when she speaks of the many pitfalls of the enormous immigrant problems in our great country.

IMO there is indeed many fallacies circulated but not by people like FCG---who are the victims in more ways than one--or did we overlook that fact.

One fallacy is that Americans can't or won't do that kind of work, baloney--with as many able bodied inmates that can pick up litter etc, they can also pick produce. Another fallacy is that because we are a nation of immigrants this mess is natural and acceptable. Founding immigration hardly resembled what we see now and it didn't impact in the manner that this uncivil illegality does now. Those are just for starters.

People that get around, are socially atuned and sensitive to this issue know that not only are these situations alive and well, they are getting worse and the ramifications are ever more detrimental to American quality of life.

Charity begins at home, as does discipline and law and order.
Legal immigrants are welcome here.

Illegal ones need to leave the USA immediately.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 PM

68 posts, read 127,277 times
I believe the California emigre. A lot of people are leaving distressed parts of California; it's been in the news.

I used to be a deluded liberal buying into all of this illegal immigration apologist nonsense. I volunteered to teach ESL and the whole nine yards.

Many ex-liberals living in areas affected by the illegal immigration nightmare are going through the same thing I did. The rhetoric and the reality just don't match.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

Far-left liberal holdouts deny anything that doesn't fit their romanticized narrative of what illegal immigration is doing to this country. And then they start making veiled or not so veiled insults about your socio-economic background or education level. And when they're very mad they'll call you a racist or bigot. Far-left liberals are some of the most bitter hate-mongers out there.

Southern California is just the canary in the coal mine.
I watched my suburban Maryland neighborhood transformed into a poverty-infested slum overnight. Middle-class flight took over and only a few long-term residents remain.

And since I know some Spanish, I can read with my own eyes the leftist propaganda these "undocumented" immigrants (and their kids) are getting from neo-Marxists and Che Guevara acolytes. A lot of it borders on hate speech.

I am hoping that many more Dems in my home state of Maryland turn independent and vote out the current Democratic Party machine. We need reform and common sense in this "sanctuary" state.

Last edited by AmericanAnomie; 01-22-2009 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: minor corrections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or