U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:16 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times

Advertisements

This is what happens with an open border! Cities get so infiltrated with Illegal Aliens from one Country they in effect take over the City and everything in it begins to emulate the old Country.

This is the polar opposite of assimilation.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:17 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Pitch the illegals out----------most of whom are indeed some variety of 'Latino' in the legal sense.

While we are at it: kill off those ESL programs---------they do even legal immigrants no favors long term.
In the legal sense.
In what other sense would they be Latino? I mean 'Latino'?

Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
In the legal sense.
In what other sense would they be Latino? I mean 'Latino'?
Folks who hail from some Hispanic nation............and, I am just discussing legals-----------illegal Mexican aliens are showing signs of 'slithering' back across our southern border. The OTM's being deported en masse via airplane.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:39 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is what happens with an open border! Cities get so infiltrated with Illegal Aliens from one Country they in effect take over the City and everything in it begins to emulate the old Country.

This is the polar opposite of assimilation.

Sour grapes? Has it ever occured to you that not all americans might have the same views on immigration as you?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:25 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Sour grapes? Has it ever occured to you that not all americans might have the same views on immigration as you?
Plenty of us do. Why else do so many Americans flee illegal infested areas.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Of course, especially the anchor kids and Illegal Aliens with family over running these same Cities. Escondido and National City are two more like this. There are so many Illegal Aliens many consider the City an extension of Tijuana. Seriously.

I feel sorry for the citizens that bought 20 years ago and are retired on a fixed income. It is hard for them to remove themselves from the invasion. Ever heard of white flight? What we are witnessing now is American flight. Americans are fleeing the areas wrought with Illegal Aliens. They really don't have much choice unless the feds figure it out.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Do you really want to know the answer to that?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I don't know of any areas like La Jolla that are concentrations of Illegal Aliens. The areas are impoverished and not rich in money but rich with crime and graffiti. Anyone that can leave.............leaves.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't know of any areas like La Jolla that are concentrations of Illegal Aliens. The areas are impoverished and not rich in money but rich with crime and graffiti. Anyone that can leave.............leaves.
La Jolla. The affluent white neighborhood where San Diego's richest live. Wow.
Where do you live?
You're always talking about San Diego like it's this rough hard scrabble town. You need to take a trip to Detroit, or East St. Louis.

But using La Jolla of all places as an example? You're opening a can of worms with that, buddy.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
La Jolla. The affluent white neighborhood where San Diego's richest live. Wow.
Where do you live?
You're always talking about San Diego like it's this rough hard scrabble town. You need to take a trip to Detroit, or East St. Louis.

But using La Jolla of all places as an example? You're opening a can of worms with that, buddy.
You obviously have never been to La Jolla. There are just as many rich people of Asian and Arab decent there as Caucasion.
I don't need to hit Detroit (though I have) our own South East San Diego fits the bill just fine. I've lived near 5 points in Denver and some s-holes in Chicago too. My point being people that immigrate legally, can speak English and fit in can find themselves living and prospering in nice areas. Not doing that lands you in the %$ parts of town. U figure it out.

Buddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or