U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Reputation: 226

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You obviously have never been to La Jolla. There are just as many rich people of Asian and Arab decent there as Caucasion.
I don't need to hit Detroit (though I have) our own South East San Diego fits the bill just fine. I've lived near 5 points in Denver and some s-holes in Chicago too.

Buddy
I've been to La Jolla several times, most of the Asian/Arabs counted as being in La Jolla are probably UCSD students, or from nearby areas where I've seen some Indian businesses.
It is MAJORLY white.

South East San Diego is EXTREMELY exaggerated. Maybe in the 90s, but now it's hardly the worst California has to offer, much less the nation. Barrio Logan itself is a great neighborhood with many hardworking families with well maintained homes, but people avoid it and fear it because of it's demographics. Great sense of community pride there, and aside from a few knuckleheads that are bound to be around a lower income working class area, I've never felt unsafe there.

I have no idea how you can go to Detroit and consider anywhere in San Diego a ghetto. Maybe if you're going by the ethnic composition of the neighborhoods (Latino/Black) to define ghetto, but as far as crime, it just doesn't compare.

Places like Fresno, Salinas, or San Bernardino are more sketchy than anything San Diego has to offer.

I like to compare San Diego to LA a lot in certain things. San Diego and LA are great examples of how many problems have more to do with the city than the people in it.

 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I've been to La Jolla several times, most of the Asian/Arabs counted as being in La Jolla are probably UCSD students, or from nearby areas where I've seen some Indian businesses.
It is MAJORLY white.

South East San Diego is EXTREMELY exaggerated. Maybe in the 90s, but now it's hardly the worst California has to offer, much less the nation. Barrio Logan itself is a great neighborhood with many hardworking families with well maintained homes, but people avoid it and fear it because of it's demographics.

I have no idea how you can go to Detroit and consider anywhere in San Diego a ghetto. Maybe if you're going by the ethnic composition of the neighborhoods (Latino/Black), but as far as crime, it just doesn't compare.

I like to compare San Diego to LA a lot in certain things. San Diego and LA are great examples of how many problems have more to do with the city than the people in it.
This is almost laughable. Please describe to me what you think a drive by is? Just because Detroit gets MORE killings and violent crime doesn't lessen the amount of hits on the SDPD crime page. You are trying to polish a turd and it ain't happenin.
This is like saying 25 killings are better than 100 killings. They are all still both s-holes.

I consider zero killings good, not "less than Detroit". Do you vacation in Watts? HA
Here is a good time for you to link to the couple of deaths a year in LJ due to violence which is usually a perp from SE SD.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is almost laughable. Please describe to me what you think a drive by is? Just because Detroit gets MORE killings and violent crime doesn't lessen the amount of hits on the SDPD crime page. You are trying to polish a turd and it ain't happenin.
This is like saying 25 killings are better than 100 killings. They are all still both s-holes.

I consider zero killings good, not "less than Detroit". Do you vacation in Watts? HA
Here is a good time for you to link to the couple of deaths a year in LJ due to violence which is usually a perp from SE SD.
Uh, it is?

You must have been really sheltered in life. You don't have to be scared. For you to think your city is rough is laughable itself. San Diego is one of the safest cities in the country, impressive considering how big it is.

Plenty of people visit Logan without being scared like you.

Flickr Photo Download: DSC_0056
DSC_0037 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Barrio Logan 6208 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Barrio-Logan on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Barrio Logan Grand Prix 2008 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You should count yourself lucky to live in one of the most desired cities in the country, and one of the consistently safest cities in the country.
Stop being scared of the Spanish signs and Mexican people.

Learn to deal with the fact that crime happens. And that your city has very little of it.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who would love trade places with you.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Uh, it is?

You must have been really sheltered in life. You don't have to be scared. For you to think your city is rough is laughable itself. San Diego is one of the safest cities in the country, impressive considering how big it is.

Plenty of people visit Logan without being scared like you.

Flickr Photo Download: DSC_0056
DSC_0037 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Barrio Logan 6208 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Barrio-Logan on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Barrio Logan Grand Prix 2008 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You should count yourself lucky to live in one of the most desired cities in the country, and one of the consistently safest cities in the country.
Stop being scared of the Spanish signs and Mexican people.

Learn to deal with the fact that crime happens. And that your city has very little of it.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who would love trade places with you.
Don't be a tard, my love of Mexico is deep.....IN MEXICO. My ex is Hispanic (didn't work out but God that woman was hot )

Would you like me to print the stats from the SDPD crime page? Do you realize almost all of the 10 most wanted in SD and LA are Illegal Immigrants?

What is with you and trying to champion Illegal Aliens who are criminals of all levels but all are of at least one crime?

I live in a good area. I have busted my @#$ to be able to live there. To see it encroached upon by this invasion of non-Americans is troubling.

If you really cared about your beloved Mexicans you should give to non-profits helping them, join the Peace Corp or move there and start a dissent to change the govt.

Those of us here cherish our communities and aren't going to have them taken over by Illegal Aliens quietly.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You obviously have never been to La Jolla. There are just as many rich people of Asian and Arab decent there as Caucasion.
I don't need to hit Detroit (though I have) our own South East San Diego fits the bill just fine. I've lived near 5 points in Denver and some s-holes in Chicago too. My point being people that immigrate legally, can speak English and fit in can find themselves living and prospering in nice areas. Not doing that lands you in the %$ parts of town. U figure it out.

Buddy
Point well taken: strictly speaking though, Arabs are indeed White (despite many of them being 'Indian' [both Native and East] brown in skin tone) under US law.
 
Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Don't be a tard, my love of Mexico is deep.....IN MEXICO. My ex is Hispanic (didn't work out but God that woman was hot )

Would you like me to print the stats from the SDPD crime page? Do you realize almost all of the 10 most wanted in SD and LA are Illegal Immigrants?

What is with you and trying to champion Illegal Aliens who are criminals of all levels but all are of at least one crime?

I live in a good area. I have busted my @#$ to be able to live there. To see it encroached upon by this invasion of non-Americans is troubling.

If you really cared about your beloved Mexicans you should give to non-profits helping them, join the Peace Corp or move there and start a dissent to change the govt.

Those of us here cherish our communities and aren't going to have them taken over by Illegal Aliens quietly.
I'm not "championing illegal aliens", I'm laughing at you thinking San Diego is a rough city.
It's not.

Barrio Logan is a great neighborhood. "Tards" that are scared of areas that are full of Brown or Black people, both of which are in the Southeast area, are the ones who try to call those areas "ghettos".

The demographics may be the same as many rough areas, the crime stats aren't.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
So are these nashville voters un-american for voting against this measure? Because that is the accusation usually thrown against posters who would oppose this measure. Like i have always said, the so called "anti-illegal" crowd have no power when it comes to voting at the polls.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So are these nashville voters un-american for voting against this measure? Because that is the accusation usually thrown against posters who would oppose this measure. Like i have always said, the so called "anti-illegal" crowd have no power when it comes to voting at the polls.
Dream on, blacknight04, dream on......................you are clearly in denial. Enjoy your fantasy while you still can about amnesty, etc. for illegal aliens.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Dream on, blacknight04, dream on......................you are clearly in denial. Enjoy your fantasy while you still can about amnesty, etc. for illegal aliens.
Agreed. It ain't gonna happen. If only I could rep you.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I'm not "championing illegal aliens", I'm laughing at you thinking San Diego is a rough city.
It's not.

Barrio Logan is a great neighborhood. "Tards" that are scared of areas that are full of Brown or Black people, both of which are in the Southeast area, are the ones who try to call those areas "ghettos".

The demographics may be the same as many rough areas, the crime stats aren't.
How inconvenient for your fantasy world. This is from today.

Groups plan rally against violence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top