U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I'm not "championing illegal aliens", I'm laughing at you thinking San Diego is a rough city.
It's not.

Barrio Logan is a great neighborhood. "Tards" that are scared of areas that are full of Brown or Black people, both of which are in the Southeast area, are the ones who try to call those areas "ghettos".

The demographics may be the same as many rough areas, the crime stats aren't.
You simply can't resist injecting 'black' into the discussion, can you? I didn't realize we have a huge black illegal alien population in California. Nor do I recall anyone, other than you, mentioning black people in this thread. I could have missed it, so correct me if I’m mistaken.

Your incessant attempts to connect ‘brown’ illegal aliens with ‘black’ U.S. citizens will not legitimize your cause. We are all aware of black issues. However, you are comparing apples to oranges. Black Americans are legal, and thereby entitled to all of the rights and privileges of any U.S. citizen. For the umpteenth time. . . . illegal aliens are NOT citizens, and are entitled to NOTHING.

 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You simply can't resist injecting 'black' into the discussion, can you? I didn't realize we have a huge black illegal alien population in California. Nor do I recall anyone, other than you, mentioning black people in this thread. I could have missed it, so correct me if I’m mistaken.

Your incessant attempts to connect ‘brown’ illegal aliens with ‘black’ U.S. citizens will not legitimize your cause. We are all aware of black issues. However, you are comparing apples to oranges. Black Americans are legal, and thereby entitled to all of the rights and privileges of any U.S. citizen. For the umpteenth time. . . . illegal aliens are NOT citizens, and are entitled to NOTHING.
Agreed. The parallels are simply a tired, redundantly desperate attempt to justify the presence of illegal aliens. It is further confirmation that their side views everything and everyone through their prism of race and ethnicity.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-24-2009 at 10:53 AM..
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:56 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You simply can't resist injecting 'black' into the discussion, can you? I didn't realize we have a huge black illegal alien population in California. Nor do I recall anyone, other than you, mentioning black people in this thread. I could have missed it, so correct me if I’m mistaken.

Your incessant attempts to connect ‘brown’ illegal aliens with ‘black’ U.S. citizens will not legitimize your cause. We are all aware of black issues. However, you are comparing apples to oranges. Black Americans are legal, and thereby entitled to all of the rights and privileges of any U.S. citizen. For the umpteenth time. . . . illegal aliens are NOT citizens, and are entitled to NOTHING.

Calm down, you don't need to get all riled up anytime someone mentions the word black in the immigration forum. I wonder how you would react if you were hispanic and read about all the hispanic bashing that goes on every day.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
I see a lot of discussion about Illegal Aliens, sorry for you they are mostly Hispanic.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,001 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Reputation: 30382
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So are these nashville voters un-american for voting against this measure? Because that is the accusation usually thrown against posters who would oppose this measure. Like i have always said, the so called "anti-illegal" crowd have no power when it comes to voting at the polls.
No, Nashville is not un-american for voting against this bill. Nashvillians were probably concerned about the bad PR that came with this bill which is most likely why it didn't pass. Bad PR can keep jobs, companies, and money from coming and i can understand Nashville's concerns with the current economic state. Just b/c English-only didn't pass dont mean that Nashville is happy about English being thrown in the garbage or having hundreds of illegals in that city. I think more obvious laws against illegals will pass easily there. BTW, the state of Tennessee already has English as it's official language.

I'll let you enjoy your small victory but ya'll are still down and we have the momentum. Just look at the new NY senator's immigration stance.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You simply can't resist injecting 'black' into the discussion, can you? I didn't realize we have a huge black illegal alien population in California. Nor do I recall anyone, other than you, mentioning black people in this thread. I could have missed it, so correct me if I’m mistaken.

Your incessant attempts to connect ‘brown’ illegal aliens with ‘black’ U.S. citizens will not legitimize your cause. We are all aware of black issues. However, you are comparing apples to oranges. Black Americans are legal, and thereby entitled to all of the rights and privileges of any U.S. citizen. For the umpteenth time. . . . illegal aliens are NOT citizens, and are entitled to NOTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. The parallels are simply a tired, redundantly desperate attempt to justify the presence of illegal aliens. It is further confirmation that their side views everything and everyone through their prism of race and ethnicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I see a lot of discussion about Illegal Aliens, sorry for you they are mostly Hispanic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
No, Nashville is not un-american for voting against this bill. Nashvillians were probably concerned about the bad PR that came with this bill which is most likely why it didn't pass. Bad PR can keep jobs, companies, and money from coming and i can understand Nashville's concerns with the current economic state. Just b/c English-only didn't pass dont mean that Nashville is happy about English being thrown in the garbage or having hundreds of illegals in that city. I think more obvious laws against illegals will pass easily there. BTW, the state of Tennessee already has English as it's official language.

I'll let you enjoy your small victory but ya'll are still down and we have the momentum. Just look at the new NY senator's immigration stance.
As all of you stated: let the DREAMies dream on.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Calm down, you don't need to get all riled up anytime someone mentions the word black in the immigration forum. I wonder how you would react if you were hispanic and read about all the hispanic bashing that goes on every day.
I have no problem seeing the word black. As a matter of fact, I’ve used it a few times myself, in the proper context and when relevant to the discussion. At issue (and rather tiresome), is your constant attempt to justify illegal immigration by associating illegals with U.S. citizens. . . . be they black, white, or polka dot. You really have no substance, if the only way you can justify illegal immigration is by riding the coattails of blacks.

It’s interesting that you seldom respond to a legitimate question. Rather, you avoid them like the plague; preferring to maintain your scripted replies.

I again pose the question: Can you offer ONE cogent justification for illegal immigration, or why the taxpayers of this country should be responsible for financially supporting illegal aliens? I await your response.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 12:33 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicar View Post
i have no problem seeing the word black. As a matter of fact, i’ve used it a few times myself, in the proper context and when relevant to the discussion. At issue (and rather tiresome), is your constant attempt to justify illegal immigration by associating illegals with u.s. Citizens. . . . Be they black, white, or polka dot. You really have no substance, if the only way you can justify illegal immigration is by riding the coattails of blacks.

It’s interesting that you seldom respond to a legitimate question. Rather, you avoid them like the plague; preferring to maintain your scripted replies.

I again pose the question: Can you offer one cogent justification for illegal immigration, or why the taxpayers of this country should be responsible for financially supporting illegal aliens? I await your response.

**********crickets **********
 
Old 01-24-2009, 01:07 PM
 
197 posts, read 231,532 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This is the deep south, we are talking about, you can expect more rejection to english only else where in the US

arriba espanol!!!!!
 
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
This is the deep south, we are talking about, you can expect more rejection to english only else where in the US

arriba espanol!!!!!
Not wanting to put words into your mouth......but are you suggesting that Spanish should supplant English, or just what is your point? I wouldn’t hold any celebrations yet; this is still the USA, and English is a long way from being extinguished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top