U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:22 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
You just go on calling anyone that doesn't agree with you a racist. That is sure gonna help your cause.
Do I? Do I really?
Did I even call you racist? Does having a prejudice towards Mexicans equate to racism to you? You're the only that's mentioned that word several times. Are you insecure about your feelings towards the Mexicans you see(that you assume are illegal..)?
I don't know if you're racist. You know whether or not you are.
I'm just reading your post that sounds exaggerated to me, if not made up, and thinking you have a bias towards Mexicans. I don't know, I only have that "experience" to go off of.
If you know you're not racist, why are you arguing with me about it?

I've had discussions with many anti-illegals who aren't racist, or even anti-Mexican at all. I've also had discussions with a few who are. No biggie. What makes you think I call every one who doesn't agree with me racist?

Old 01-24-2009, 03:27 PM

197 posts, read 231,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
You just go on calling anyone that doesn't agree with you a racist. That is sure gonna help your cause.

They just don't understatnd, once you "claim" you are just an anti illegal immigrant, that protects you from being celled racist, ignorant, intolerant etc. LOL

Old 01-24-2009, 03:39 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,974,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
They just don't understatnd, once you "claim" you are just an anti illegal immigrant, that protects you from being celled racist, ignorant, intolerant etc. LOL
Err eh? Please write in a way that doesn't make readers go cross-eyed.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:01 PM

167 posts, read 406,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So are these nashville voters un-american for voting against this measure? Because that is the accusation usually thrown against posters who would oppose this measure. Like i have always said, the so called "anti-illegal" crowd have no power when it comes to voting at the polls.
I am from Nashville, and to be honest, I am not sure how this happened. Believe me, we have far too many illegals here burdenoing our school systems and enjoying all the fringe benefits. Now we are going to spend more money pandering to them by changing signs etc. to spanish. Our system is broken and needs to be fixed fast.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:04 PM

3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
I wonder if the vote would have been different in a different economy for the reasons you stated below. I read some articles on this vote, and they all seemed to point to fear and the economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
I am from Nashville, and to be honest, I am not sure how this happened. Believe me, we have far too many illegals here burdenoing our school systems and enjoying all the fringe benefits. Now we are going to spend more money pandering to them by changing signs etc. to spanish. Our system is broken and needs to be fixed fast.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 PM

167 posts, read 406,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I wonder if the vote would have been different in a different economy for the reasons you stated below. I read some articles on this vote, and they all seemed to point to fear and the economy.
That is my belief. But then in a better economy, people tend to focus less on matters that may affect them in the long term future.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
That is my belief. But then in a better economy, people tend to focus less on matters that may affect them in the long term future.

Noone really knew, or focused on how much of a drain Illegal Immigrants were until the economy started to turn.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You don't even know the neighborhood we're talking about, so why are you speaking up? We're talking about a specific area and it's safety, it being a neighborhood that is primarily Latino and Black.
You don't even care about the context, you see the word "Black" and your eyes zoom in and you open your mouth.

We weren't talking about illegals, we were talking about a part of San Diego, CA and it's safety and "ghetto-ness".

Move along if your not familiar with the area
Let’s see……the discussion on this thread has involved Nashville, the Kurdish community, the Sudanese community, Asians being catered to, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Escondido, National City, La Jolla, San Diego, Detroit, East St. Louis, Denver, Chicago.

Fast forward and Barrio Logan is mentioned; in addition to Fresno, Salinas, San Bernardino, LA, and violence in Detroit.

Oh, silly me. I should have known the discussion involved one specific neighborhood.

Spin it anyway you choose. You have a predictable pattern of trying to justify illegal immigration by making inane comparisons between illegal aliens and legal citizens, most notably blacks. However, I totally understand your difficulty in trying to defend the indefensible. Carry on.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:50 PM

197 posts, read 231,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s see……the discussion on this thread has involved Nashville, the Kurdish community, the Sudanese community, Asians being catered to, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Escondido, National City, La Jolla, San Diego, Detroit, East St. Louis, Denver, Chicago.

Fast forward and Barrio Logan is mentioned; in addition to Fresno, Salinas, San Bernardino, LA, and violence in Detroit.

Oh, silly me. I should have known the discussion involved one specific neighborhood.

Spin it anyway you choose. You have a predictable pattern of trying to justify illegal immigration by making inane comparisons between illegal aliens and legal citizens, most notably blacks. However, I totally understand your difficulty in trying to defend the indefensible. Carry on.

Show me a thread that stays on topic.....!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:06 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Show me a thread that stays on topic.....!!!!
Oh, you poor dear; you just unwittingly proved my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or