U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It is taking so long because the ACLU, the Chamber of Commerce and ethnocentric special interest groups are being allowed to bring frivolous law suits in defense of the indefensible.

Fortunately for America and unfortunately for our out of work American counterparts the economic hardships that this country is currently experiencing are only going to get worse. That will be our blessing that will rid America of the illegal aliens and the curse of their presence.
Yes; I have been preaching that mantra for a while now as well.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Just when i couldn't have any more reasons to leave the DC area.
There wasn't any drugs in DC before?

Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
The Washington/Baltimore HIDTA includes Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Md., and nine Virginia and Maryland counties surrounding the two cities, plus Richmond, Va., and four counties surrounding that city.

Mexican DTOs and criminal groups are the primary wholesale distributors of commercial-grade marijuana in the W/B HIDTA region, while Vietnamese criminal groups with ties to Asian DTOs in Canada have emerged as the principal distributors
of high-potency marijuana in the region,” says the analysis.

“Most of the methamphetamine available in the W/B HIDTA region is transported to the area by Mexican DTOs from Georgia, North Carolina, and Texas,” it says.

The drug assessment said Mexican DTOs are expected to increase the amount of drugs they bring to market in the Washington/Baltimore region in 2009.

“Mexican DTOs, operating primarily out of transshipment centers in Georgia and North Carolina, will most likely increase their wholesale distribution of cocaine, heroin, marijuana and, to a lesser extent, methamphetamine, in the HIDTA region in the coming year,” says the report. “These organizations have well-established transportation and distribution networks which will enable them to supply wholesale quantities of illicit drugs to the region.”

CNSNews.com - Mexican Drug Traffickers Increasing Operations in D.C. Area, Says Intel Assessment (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=42412 - broken link)
Just wanted to point that part out. Remember many discussions where many of us pointed out that even if you stopped drug trafficking from the south, there's people in the great white north just waiting.

The only reason they're only moving weed is because the stuff from Mexico is garbage, and the consumers love Canadian weed.

We need people to stop buying these drugs, don't we?
"Increasing the amount of drugs in the market", means an increase in demand.
Traffickers don't like to move too much drugs, don't want to over saturate the market.

Who are the distributors buying from the Mexicans, and who are the users buying from the dealers?

But yeah, great drug related thread.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
I find it quite disturbing that any American feels forced out of any town, city or state by the illegal alien invasion. I lived in Dallas about 12 years ago, and never heard a word of spanish and the only obvious illegals I spotted were those occasionally standing along the highways that appeared to be looking for work.

I thank God everyday that I decided not to stay. I can't imagine the horror of living there under it's current state of invasion.
Trust me, i would be out of here even if not for the illegals but illegals certainly dont help the DC area's taste to me.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Just wanted to point that part out. Remember many discussions where many of us pointed out that even if you stopped drug trafficking from the south, there's people in the great white north just waiting.

The only reason they're only moving weed is because the stuff from Mexico is garbage, and the consumers love Canadian weed.

We need people to stop buying these drugs, don't we?
"Increasing the amount of drugs in the market", means an increase in demand.
Traffickers don't like to move too much drugs, don't want to over saturate the market.

Who are the distributors buying from the Mexicans, and who are the users buying from the dealers?

But yeah, great drug related thread.
Do you have a source, or is this firsthand knowledge?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 AM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
There wasn't any drugs in DC before?
There are drugs here (read up on the crack epidemic of the 90s and it's impact on DC and PG county MD) even in my own neighborhood. I was just saying I already want to leave DC so bad that this place becoming a drug running route only adds to my distaste for it.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:29 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Trust me, i would be out of here even if not for the illegals but illegals certainly dont help the DC area's taste to me.
From what I have read, DC is run much like Chicago: Under a cloud of corruption, coupled with decades long politically embedded fraud, waste, crime and chaos.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:37 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
From what I have read, DC is run much like Chicago: Under a cloud of corruption, coupled with decades long politically embedded fraud, waste, crime and chaos.
Sad because many years ago the District was an OK place outside of the weather. Note I was not born till 1957 so I am going by what the old timers told me.

Admittedly the Jim Crow laws were still in force; which were a disgrace (at best), but even the historic Black enclaves had nowhere near the crime, etc. prior to WW II.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:44 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,115,516 times
Doesent MS-13 also have a huge presence in the Beltway? I recall that they carried out a particularly brutal murder of a suspected ICE informant not that long ago.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:51 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Sad because many years ago the District was an OK place outside of the weather. Note I was not born till 1957 so I am going by what the old timers told me.

Admittedly the Jim Crow laws were still in force; which were a disgrace (at best), but even the historic Black enclaves had nowhere near the crime, etc. prior to WW II.
I was born and raised in Chicago and it has a long history of segregation and corrupt, irish: hateful, civil rights abusing, murderous, mayors and racist cops. The fire department wasn't any better. The fact that the anchor babies now control it's government would be comical except it has resulted in all things illegal alien being pandered to and tolerated.

I feel sorry for the tax payers of Chicago and Cook county who are being victimized by taxation and gang infested living conditions as a result of Dickie Daley's "compromises" made in exchange for illegal alien hispanic votes.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-25-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or