U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:17 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i don't know where you find all these news articles JDM, but good job.
this story i found quite humorous. what part of IT'S TIME TO GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE AND GO HOME DON'T THEY UNDERSTAND!?
Apparently, they don't have enough sense to know when to quit.

Thanks scooter! I'm glad the articles inform and amuse you, all in one stroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
At least they have the witt to seek cover, their counterpart, legal homeless people, should follow suit....
Here is a new 'cave' for these illegal alien freeloaders and deadbeats to move into:

Pretty nice, huh?

All we have to do is wait until it is full, roll up the ramps and lock the doors, take off and set course for south of the border. Repeat as necessary.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:32 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
So, they're cutting firewood illegally without a permit? Report them ASAP! If they have children report them for child endangerment and neglect. In the West we call them Tramp Camps. The illegals set up shop on the hillsides. Many Camps can be seen from balconies of upscale homes. There have been wildfires started at the Tramp Camps too. What part of illegal 3rd World people do we need in America??? None as far a I can see.
In addition to fire hazards, this presents a health threat to anyone unfortunate enough to live near them. I kind of doubt they have the sense to dig a pit latrine and build an outhouse over it.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
El Diario/La Prensa, Posted: Jan 23, 2009

PLAINFIELD, N.J. –- Dozens of unemployed Central American immigrants who lost their jobs and can't afford to pay rent have moved into caves, reports El Diario/La Prensa. Immigrants have been living in the makeshift homes in Plainfield and North Plainfeld, N.J. for three months, and call their new residence the “Devil’s Cave.” Their decision to move into caves is a testament to the harsh climate of the current economic crisis, which has had a greater impact on the undocumented who have more difficulty accessing government aid after losing their jobs.

http://news.newamericamedia.org

If they had an ounce of sense they would go home . . .
Yes they should go back. We need to focus on American homeless like these on this video.

YouTube - 8000 Floridians ,Homeless in the Woods 2008

Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM

68 posts, read 126,807 times
This country is becoming a three-ring circus.

i must agree with the illegal labor cost ! (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/rnr/1011284260.html - broken link)
Dead doggy in my window (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rnr/1009949451.html - broken link)
Depression Is Here (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rnr/1005928225.html - broken link)

SoCal is being hit hard. I'm in the mid-Atlantic (near D.C.) so if things get very bad I WILL DEMONSTRATE on behalf of myself and the other Americans being screwed in this country.

Let me know. I'll be your rent-a-picketer. 25 cents/hour or something. I'm an ex-art student and I like making signs / agitprop. Messages must be punchy and provocative but not riot-inducing.

This country is imploding and the inside-the-Beltway fools don't get it.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAnomie View Post
This country is becoming a three-ring circus.

i must agree with the illegal labor cost ! (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/rnr/1011284260.html - broken link)
Dead doggy in my window (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rnr/1009949451.html - broken link)
Depression Is Here (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rnr/1005928225.html - broken link)

SoCal is being hit hard. I'm in the mid-Atlantic (near D.C.) so if things get very bad I WILL DEMONSTRATE on behalf of myself and the other Americans being screwed in this country.

Let me know. I'll be your rent-a-picketer. 25 cents/hour or something. I'm an ex-art student and I like making signs / agitprop. Messages must be punchy and provocative but not riot-inducing.

This country is imploding and the inside-the-Beltway fools don't get it.
Does DC ever get it? I can make that sort of comment being I was born/raised inside the Beltway till I left in 1978----------never to return.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:11 AM

197 posts, read 231,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Yes they should go back. We need to focus on American homeless like these on this video.

YouTube - 8000 Floridians ,Homeless in the Woods 2008
I have been saying this all along, LET'S HELP OUR OWN, FOR GOD'S SAKE, AND STOP BLAMING THE IMMIGRANTS FOR OUR PROBLEMS. homelessness, has always been a problem in the US, and gets worse in hard times, of course the only solution the racist/intolerant find is to
harass the immigrants, how pathetic!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
I have been saying this all along, LET'S HELP OUR OWN, FOR GOD'S SAKE, AND STOP BLAMING THE IMMIGRANTS FOR OUR PROBLEMS. homelessness, has always been a problem in the US, and gets worse in hard times, of course the only solution the racist/intolerant find is to
Again: Mori-vivi; stop blurring the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens---------------you are really being a Troll. Your attitude is a slap in the face of those folks (Hispanic and otherwise) who did things right

Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 AM

200 posts, read 299,335 times
Quote:
They are NOT immigrants, they are criminal, lawbreaking, foreign national, illegal aliens that don't belong in this country!

The money the illegal aliens suck from the American economy could be used to help the American homeless, minorities, sick and LEGAL poor immigrants. We need to deport vagrant illegal aliens for our saftey. Where do they find money to buy food? Do they rob the home owners while they're at work?

We shouldn't discriminate and deport just the vagrant illegal aliens we should DEPORT ALL illegal aliens. Then let's work on revoking the Birthright Citizenship of all the illegal alien's children.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:01 AM

68 posts, read 126,807 times
Quote:
I have been saying this all along, LET'S HELP OUR OWN, FOR GOD'S SAKE, AND STOP BLAMING THE IMMIGRANTS FOR OUR PROBLEMS. homelessness, has always been a problem in the US, and gets worse in hard times, of course the only solution the racist/intolerant find is to harass the immigrants, how pathetic!!!!
I agree with your statement but I am often shocked at the way (legal and illegal) immigrants and American citizens alike speak about our U.S.-born poor. They write many of them off as unemployable and label them with ugly slurs.

I blame our corrupt political parties and the business interests that exploit cheap labor. I blame our uninformed electorate. I blame our short-sighted culture.

The people who vividly remember the Great Depression are dying off quickly.
Here’s one more: a childless WWII veteran and widower living on a fixed income. He was 93.

Autopsy: Bay City man froze inside his home

We are doing this to Americans like Marvin Schur, men and women who have pride and ferocious independence, even in the face of ruin.

Meanwhile we are supporting with our tax dollars many foreign-born residents who take our country’s complex history and culture for granted. People who often have the gall to insult our nation and our people while benefiting all the same from our prosperity. We have been weak and tolerated this in the name of economic growth that was chimeric and based on labor exploitation.

Many of the economic refugees who settle here flee from extreme poverty. They are often much better than U.S.-born Americans at adapting to falling income and tenuous financial straits: they pool resources, network, live in collective housing, and take on work that Americans have been culturally conditioned to deem demoralizing and degrading. They are more likely to procreate in greater numbers and be a part of large supportive networks linked by family and native culture.

Many even shun the formalities of American justice, prefering to mete out justice according to their own traditions.

They have their own "social security" systems embedded in their cultures, and yet many of them still rely heavily on our own, government-mandated social services systems. I include public education here, alongside ER care, WIC, and the like.

They know how to survive in bad times.

After decades where our culture promoted goals like individual independence and self-reliance, the small nuclear family, middle-class prosperity, self-fulfillment, education, and career-oriented security, many Americans are falling backwards.

We have broken families. We have fragmented communities. We have fear and shame. We have epidemic depression. We have people losing their minds and their faith in America.

And yet for years and years we have kept the borders wide open to enrich the right and assuage the liberal conscience of the left.

It is time for REAL immigration reform, before it’s too late. Let’s stop repeating history and screwing over our poor people.

Ideally this should happen alongside social welfare reform, education reform, healthcare reform, and criminal justice reform. We don't want to conveniently single out only one group of opportunists.

I just hope that we can spare illegal immigrants much of the backlash from this economic fallout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or