U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2009, 07:39 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

El Diario/La Prensa, Posted: Jan 23, 2009

PLAINFIELD, N.J. –- Dozens of unemployed Central American immigrants who lost their jobs and can't afford to pay rent have moved into caves, reports El Diario/La Prensa. Immigrants have been living in the makeshift homes in Plainfield and North Plainfeld, N.J. for three months, and call their new residence the “Devil’s Cave.” Their decision to move into caves is a testament to the harsh climate of the current economic crisis, which has had a greater impact on the undocumented who have more difficulty accessing government aid after losing their jobs.

http://news.newamericamedia.org

If they had an ounce of sense they would go home . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2009, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
If they had an ounce of sense they would go home . . .
How true. I guess they have to get P.O. boxes to collect their government freebies. Obviously, they don't realize this is not a temporary problem, and things won't improve in a few weeks. Illegals, go home! The party's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:15 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true. I guess they have to get P.O. boxes to collect their government freebies. Obviously, they don't realize this is not a temporary problem, and things won't improve in a few weeks. Illegals, go home! The party's over.
Obviously they don't. At some point you would think that they would realize that this recession/bordering on depression is not going to be over anytime soon. It's time for everyone here illegally and dependent upon the taxpayers of America to carry their burdens to go home. Not only is the party over, the avalanche of American anger is nipping at the heels of all things illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true. I guess they have to get P.O. boxes to collect their government freebies. Obviously, they don't realize this is not a temporary problem, and things won't improve in a few weeks. Illegals, go home! The party's over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Obviously they don't. At some point you would think that they would realize that this recession/bordering on depression is not going to be over anytime soon. It's time for everyone here illegally and dependent upon the taxpayers of America to carry their burdens to go home. Not only is the party over, the avalanche of American anger is nipping at the heels of all things illegal.
Here is I crossing my fingers that the fools in question leave the USA peaceably............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
I hope they can leave on their own accord, for others as a parting gift a bus ride and complimentary book is in order. The book is a foot in your A$$ by Dr. Seuss.

Compliments of the ripped off US taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
 
Location: USA
200 posts, read 299,335 times
Reputation: 66
So, they're cutting firewood illegally without a permit? Report them ASAP! If they have children report them for child endangerment and neglect. In the West we call them Tramp Camps. The illegals set up shop on the hillsides. Many Camps can be seen from balconies of upscale homes. There have been wildfires started at the Tramp Camps too. What part of illegal 3rd World people do we need in America??? None as far a I can see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 02:40 AM
 
197 posts, read 231,532 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
El Diario/La Prensa, Posted: Jan 23, 2009

PLAINFIELD, N.J. –- Dozens of unemployed Central American immigrants who lost their jobs and can't afford to pay rent have moved into caves, reports El Diario/La Prensa. Immigrants have been living in the makeshift homes in Plainfield and North Plainfeld, N.J. for three months, and call their new residence the “Devil’s Cave.” Their decision to move into caves is a testament to the harsh climate of the current economic crisis, which has had a greater impact on the undocumented who have more difficulty accessing government aid after losing their jobs.

http://news.newamericamedia.org

If they had an ounce of sense they would go home . . .

At least they have the witt to seek cover, their counterpart, legal homeless people, should follow suit....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
At least they have the witt to seek cover, their counterpart, legal homeless people, should follow suit....
It doesn't take wit to break into someone else's country and end up hiding in a cave. That makes them stupid cowards without an ounce of common sense or dignity.

If any of you had any "witt" or courage at all, you would be at home fighting for jobs, benefits and humane treatment in your own country.

That being said, consider this the one and only time I will acknowledge you. Why? Because feeding trolls is a waste of my time and everyone else's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Doonan, QLD
103 posts, read 162,363 times
Reputation: 148
The way things are going, pretty soon they'll have a successful business cleaning the caves of citizens. There will be food delivery from an ATV out to the caves (naturally with the appropriate horn/music to celebrate their arrival).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
We've had illegal encampments here for 20 years. One was a real hotbed of crime. http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...mp-332258.html
Most of these used to be great rec areas for biking and hiking but they these Illegal hordes are too dangerous to be around now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top