U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:58 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,885,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's where ignorance comes into play. You've brought a few isolated disrespect incidences into the picture which you probably saw on your T.V. in Whiteplain, Nebraska, and have placed them and formed your opinion with all 30 million illegal immigrants.

Hey, at least your not from Kansas....Sammie! She's a good person, but she's in the tornado shed on the illegal immigration issue.
Wow you couldn't be more wrong. See, I don't really watch television unless it's cartoons. And I had no idea that the Mexicans disrespected the US flag until I watched it on youtube.

And do you even know what ignorance is?

Defined as: "the lack of knowledge or education"

And those videos from youtube were right straight off of the news, where one gets most of their knowledge and education about National and Worldwide matters.

Would you like to try again about spewing you're distinct and subtle racism against me again? (see I can make things up too and throw in the word racism as well) I've got all day for you to actually come up with facts and numbers that we have to provide to the illegal lovers, but they always get disputed because ITS NOT TRUE! ITS RACIST! Why don't you have to put up facts and numbers?

Like the ones that specifically state:

The jobs they take are in fact they are jobs Americans don't want to do.
They work harder than Americans.
They are ALL misunderstood.
They just want a better life.
They have not committed any felonious act by disrespecting the laws, and then stealing away jobs from other hard working Americans.
et al.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 11:12 AM

238 posts, read 131,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's where ignorance comes into play. You've brought a few isolated disrespect incidences into the picture which you probably saw on your T.V. in Whiteplain, Nebraska, and have placed them and formed your opinion with all 30 million illegal immigrants.

Hey, at least your not from Kansas....Sammie! She's a good person, but she's in the tornado shed on the illegal immigration issue.
Here's some more incidents ($&% illegals):

Flag Code Violations in the News
"Deal or No Deal," the television game show, on Monday, February 12, 2007, featured a flag-shirted contestant. Section 8d. reads, "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel."

September 11, 2006, President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet of the American flag at Ground Zero in Manhattan, the site of the September 11, 2001 attack. Section 8b of the Flag Code reads, " The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground..."

April 2006, protesters hold a US flag union down to protest pending federal legislation, in Costa Mesa, California. Section 8a. "The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property." Click picture for enlargement. Photo credit: AFP/Getty Images/David McNew

Super Bowl 2004, Janet Jackson's "costume malfunction" made international news; that same half-time show featured the wearing of an American flag by performer Kid Rock. He later removed the flag poncho and hurled it over his head. Section 8d. reads, "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel." Click picture for enlargement. Photo credit: Reuters

In July 2003 President Bush autographed a small flag. This picture was circulated across the Internet noting its violation of the Flag Code: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." Click picture for enlargement. Photo credit: AP Photo/Charles Dharapak

disrespect - I've seen a lot of worn flags flown :

Section 8k of the Flag Code (some) states, "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

also...Are there penalties for violating the Flag Code?

No. The Flag Code is intended as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis to insure proper respect for the flag.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:14 AM

fyi: http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#violations

Old 03-15-2007, 11:57 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
From what I understand, images of the flag are fine. Actual flags are not. A carpet with the image of a flag is not a flag neither is a shirt with a picture on it, those are just images. Pictures.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
From what I understand, images of the flag are fine. Actual flags are not. A carpet with the image of a flag is not a flag neither is a shirt with a picture on it, those are just images. Pictures.

Well, then everybody else must be wrong.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Well, then everybody else must be wrong.
Who is everybody else? I have only read the flag not images of the flag. If I am wrong I am wrong. Military have flag patches, so I guess they are disrepectful as well if that is the case.

Last edited by Nea1; 03-15-2007 at 12:23 PM..

Old 03-15-2007, 12:40 PM

54,140 posts, read 38,214,111 times
Flying the US flag upside down is a recognized distress signal.

Given the issues facing America today and the divisiveness in the country it almost seems appropriate.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:40 PM

Your opinion has been noted.

everyone has them - some people even have valid ones.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Your opinion has been noted.

everyone has them - some people even have valid ones.
yes we do...

Old 03-15-2007, 10:41 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Wow you couldn't be more wrong. See, I don't really watch television unless it's cartoons. And I had no idea that the Mexicans disrespected the US flag until I watched it on youtube.
You get your news from youtube!?!? Wow, I'd rather get news from the National Enquirer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Whitesplain, Nebraska is probably your best bet of keeping your distance from "alien criminals".

Last edited by Yac; 03-16-2007 at 11:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or