Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:38 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'll learn Japanese

二かにと地理らか口すしいす各地身んら名かくに身の殻利一墨んら並木らみいる
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 09:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post

Sexy...

----------------

Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 AM

238 posts, read 179,718 times
Quote:

Oil City, Pa...that explains it. Before Y2k - I stayed there approx 6 mos in the oldest Holiday Inn ever, had to get there by crop duster plane from Pittsburgh. I was hired by Quaker State (the only employer in Oil City, PA) and they were moving from there to Irving TX (Las Colinas) which for the Spanish impaired means 'small hills'. Quaker had not hired an Hispanic, Black, Asian or any other ethnic group in over 30 years...when the real world caught up to them - the company went into Culture Shock. You should heard all the Negative info about affirmative action, and token hires, and 'there goes the quality of work' beeyes.

I don't think everyone in Oil City, PA was like that, but most were.

Going forward - this is also off topic - when the moderator sees my MountianBoomer post - we'll get some stay on topic warning 'flying ol glory'.

Enjoy your weekend.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Oil City, Pa...that explains it. Before Y2k - I stayed there approx 6 mos in the oldest Holiday Inn ever, had to get there by crop duster plane from Pittsburgh. I was hired by Quaker State (the only employer in Oil City, PA) and they were moving from there to Irving TX (Las Colinas) which for the Spanish impaired means 'small hills'. Quaker had not hired an Hispanic, Black, Asian or any other ethnic group in over 30 years...when the real world caught up to them - the company went into Culture Shock. You should heard all the Negative info about affirmative action, and token hires, and 'there goes the quality of work' beeyes.

I don't think everyone in Oil City, PA was like that, but most were.

Going forward - this is also off topic - when the moderator sees my MountianBoomer post - we'll get some stay on topic warning 'flying ol glory'.

Enjoy your weekend.
It's funny how everyone just assumes, when you say something.

Anyways, I proved my point that one can not assume, to understand the differences of where one lives to where another lives, all you can do is take the other persons word for it and go from there.

Anyways, before I get more bad rep for following up to others questions. In the United States of America, we fly the American flag, and State Flags. And if people do not like that. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. This is America. Not someone else's homeland.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Stay on topic.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
It's funny how everyone just assumes, when you say something.

Anyways, I proved my point that one can not assume, to understand the differences of where one lives to where another lives, all you can do is take the other persons word for it and go from there.

Anyways, before I get more bad rep for following up to others questions. In the United States of America, we fly the American flag, and State Flags. And if people do not like that. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. This is America. Not someone else's homeland.
PERFECT! Good Answer - I didn't assume, but for the sake of drawing out Intelligence, I purposely posted the above that way, hoping for a post similiar to the one you just posted - good point. Now just adopt that mentality to all.

I missed the 'why' of the flag post above though - were you just stating how you felt or to keep this post somewhere on track 'flying....glory'?

Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
PERFECT! Good Answer - I didn't assume, but for the sake of drawing out Intelligence, I purposely posted the above that way, hoping for a post similiar to the one you just posted - good point. Now just adopt that mentality to all.

I missed the 'why' of the flag post above though - were you just stating how you felt or to keep this post somewhere on track 'flying....glory'?
You want to know the why of flying just the American flag?

Well for the obvious this is the United States of America. Americans fought for what they believed in to prove they deserved their independence from England. Many died for it. And it started to slowly become the land of opportunity, things happened in the beginning, and then eventually the west became part of the United States. BECAME PART. Meaning that it IS the United States, not anything else. If the ones that desecrated the American flag think that it is still their homeland, they are gravely mistaken, and need a firm history lesson. As do Americans, because still the Native Americans, you don't see them taking down flags, and putting up their own. Everyone forgets about them. But they just live peacefully and repressed still by the United States government. It's slowly getting better.. VERY SLOWLY.

Anyways, the people that have been given the generosity of America, and still decide that they feel that way towards it. Then they should leave. Plain, flat, and simple. For ones to desecrate a flag like that, and act the way they did on government property, it's just, despicable.

In the land of opportunity, we fly our American flags proudly. Because it's a symbol of the hardships that Americans fought for throughout the times. And for the time that I seen the group do what they did, and there were no police, others ANYONE to do anything, (i know it was a large group, but still) that's not standing up for America and American Ideals, that's just saying yeah we like to take it hard from others, and show how much we really don't care.

And to answer your other question it was to get it back on track as well.

Anyways, if you can't say anything without belittling me, please don't talk to me. I know, most of the stuff I say isn't the most broad of things, but to question my intelligence, I take extreme offense to that.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You want to know the why of flying just the American flag?

Well for the obvious this is the United States of America. Americans fought for what they believed in to prove they deserved their independence from England. Many died for it. And it started to slowly become the land of opportunity, things happened in the beginning, and then eventually the west became part of the United States. BECAME PART. Meaning that it IS the United States, not anything else. If the ones that desecrated the American flag think that it is still their homeland, they are gravely mistaken, and need a firm history lesson. As do Americans, because still the Native Americans, you don't see them taking down flags, and putting up their own. Everyone forgets about them. But they just live peacefully and repressed still by the United States government. It's slowly getting better.. VERY SLOWLY.

Anyways, the people that have been given the generosity of America, and still decide that they feel that way towards it. Then they should leave. Plain, flat, and simple. For ones to desecrate a flag like that, and act the way they did on government property, it's just, despicable.

In the land of opportunity, we fly our American flags proudly. Because it's a symbol of the hardships that Americans fought for throughout the times. And for the time that I seen the group do what they did, and there were no police, others ANYONE to do anything, (i know it was a large group, but still) that's not standing up for America and American Ideals, that's just saying yeah we like to take it hard from others, and show how much we really don't care.

And to answer your other question it was to get it back on track as well.

Anyways, if you can't say anything without belittling me, please don't talk to me. I know, most of the stuff I say isn't the most broad of things, but to question my intelligence, I take extreme offense to that.
Not the intent, please accept this online apology; I was not questioning 'why' one would fly the flag, but you were responding to a post and then kind of took of on the flag flying topic.

As far as belittling - if there were any illegals reading these kind of forums - they would probably feel belittled, don't you think? There's bad ones in every bunch, there's always someone guilty of bad judgement, we all make mistakes we wish we could take back - maybe, just maybe some of these 'belittled' human beings were resorting to their 'back-up' behavior after being belittled so much.

Again, online apology, stay strong and God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration