Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
Paying thousands of dollars in bribes (or "immigration fees"), going through a ridiculously lengthy process, and kissing a lot of bureaucratic butt does not create any "line" that I care to recognize!

Human beings are human beings. The only "illegal" human beings are the ones that commit a real crime against a real and specific victim. Transporting themselves to where people are willing to give them jobs is not a crime!
Whether you like it or not, the laws, rules and regulations are there to serve a purpose. The main purpose being to keep criminal mindsets such as yours out of this country. Therefore, anyone in this country without permission is indeed an illegal alien. Those who provide jobs for said illegal aliens are criminals as well. For those who don't like our system, you need to stay home and fix your homelands. Just think if you do that as opposed to sneaking in and preying upon the American people, you just might find some dignity, self esteem and learn to love yourselves and your country.

When you manage to come up with a legitimate or more viable reason for the invasion of my country by millions of your illegal alien counterparts, I'll be happy to give you my undivided attention and respond in kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 06:08 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Please, please hop on a plane and try this tactic with any European Union country. Please. And then get back to me
He doesn't have to go that far.

He should attempt said tactic in Mexico.....he'll be protesting his stance of "no illegal human beings" all the way to el cárcel.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
He doesn't have to go that far.

He should attempt said tactic in Mexico.....he'll be protesting his stance of "no illegal human beings" all the way to el cárcel.
Truer words . . . . .

Old 01-25-2009, 06:16 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
That Israeli wall is looking better all the time.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That Israeli wall is looking better all the time.
Yes it certainly is.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:13 PM

709 posts, read 1,498,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Please, please hop on a plane and try this tactic with any European Union country. Please. And then get back to me
So now the United States is no different than the European Union? Hmmm.... Wasn't there supposed to be something that made America "exceptional" and unique? I forget...

In any case, the EU uses union expansion and internal migration of people in addition to immigration. They've swallowed much of Eastern Europe quite nicely, Poland (38 mil people) being the chewiest, Yugoslavian jerky is up next, and pretty soon they will unhinge their jaw and try to swallow Turkey (72 mil) and Ukraine (47 mil), not to mention appetizers like Georgia - that's almost two Mexicos already, and Russia's turn might come too someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Whether you like it or not, the laws, rules and regulations are there to serve a purpose.
Yes - strengthening government power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The main purpose being to keep criminal mindsets such as yours out of this country. [...]
I too would like to see any idiot wearing a Che Guevara shirt stopped at the border, and I have no problem with temporary border restrictions for that purpose, but that's not what our disagreement is about - you want to use government force to oppress people and deprive them of a chance to compete fairly for employment.

As for my libertarian / anarcho-capitalist mindset being "criminal", I firmly disagree. I respect natural law very deeply and passionately. What I disrespect is government tyranny, and you should do so too. Do you consider Oskar Schindler "criminal" for saving those Jews in Nazi Germany, which was against the "laws" passed by a popular and (at one point) "democratically-elected" government? Or Harriet Tubman - wasn't helping slaves escape "against the law" like ordinary theft? No! Men with guns writing something down on a piece of paper does not constitute a law, no matter what pomp and ritual you attach to it! Fundamental laws, like the non-aggression principle, are natural - they're not created, they are discovered and understood through reason. Like the law of gravity, they exist whether they're recognized or not!

And the economic reality is that unreasonable restriction of immigration is bad for everyone: the employers, the consumers, the investors, and the workers willing to compete through merit and not force!

Last edited by Alex Libman; 01-25-2009 at 08:28 PM..

Old 01-25-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
And the reality is that unreasonable restriction of immigration is bad for everyone: the employers, the consumers, the investors, and the workers willing to compete through merit and not force!
The reality is that reasonable restriction of immigration is good for our country. According to many scientists and environmentalists, we've already surpassed the maximum U.S. population for a sustainable economy which is placed at 200 million people. To achieve a sustainable economy and avert economic and environmental disaster, the United States must reduce its population by at least one-third.

We're already at 300 million with another 100 million expected within the next 20 - 30 years--mainly from immigration, both legal and illegal. Americans are not reproducing at replacement levels.

There are too many people in this country already, using far too few resources. Something's got to give and something tells me that our natural resources will be virtually extinct before the powers that be, as well as liberal apologists, pull their collective heads out of their collective asses.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:27 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Although I have tried, I cannot muster any significant compassion for the desperate Mexicans and Central Americans who enter the U.S. illegally for work and/or free social services (medical care, housing, food, education for their children, etc.).

It comes down to this one very simple point: If one is too poor to house, feed and clothe oneself, then one is too poor to have children. It doesn't take a Ph.D. to figure this out.

The fact that the poorest of the peasant population in Mexico and Central America, have the largest number of children, is the impetus behind their hopeless and endless cycle of poverty. They cannot climb out because they breed recklessly and irresponsibly.

I've read interview after interview with illegals, and they all say the same thing. They were desperate to provide for their families back in Mexico, so they came to the U.S. illegally to work and send money back. THE ONLY PROBLEM is, many many of them have MORE children once they get to the U.S. Yep, that's absolutely true. With a wife and two kids at home, many of them will actually have a few more with a different woman (usually another illegal) right here in the U.S.

Again, I might be able to muster some compassion for these people, if they weren't so utterly stupid.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The reality is that reasonable restriction of immigration is good for our country. According to many scientists and environmentalists, we've already surpassed the maximum U.S. population for a sustainable economy which is placed at 200 million people. To achieve a sustainable economy and avert economic and environmental disaster, the United States must reduce its population by at least one-third.

We're already at 300 million with another 100 million expected within the next 20 - 30 years--mainly from immigration, both legal and illegal. Americans are not reproducing at even replacement levels.

There are too many people in this country already using far too few resources. Something's got to give and something tells me that our natural resources will be virtually extinct before the powers that be, as well as liberal apologists, pull their collective heads out of their collective asses.
I respectfully disagree that the USA cannot support 300 million folks--------as it stands: we are still a net exporter of food and we also have a lot of fresh water supplies.

That stated: it is past time to close/lock at least our southern border and really cut down on legal immigration as well. I would have no issue with bring back the ca. 1953-65 immigration rules.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I respectfully disagree that the USA cannot support 300 million folks--------as it stands: we are still a net exporter of food and we also have a lot of fresh water supplies.

That stated: it is past time to close/lock at least our southern border and really cut down on legal immigration as well. I would have no issue with bring back the ca. 1953-65 immigration rules.
Well unfortunately AZ, science does not agree with you. I gleaned some interesting and distressing environmental information during my Geoarchaeology seminar last semester. If your average U.S. citizen had even a clue as to the precarious situation our natural resources are in, drought and pollution in nearly every natural aquifer in the U.S. not withstanding, they would be screaming for closed borders and a reduction of in the number of people straining natural resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration