U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM

33,008 posts, read 30,280,395 times

Advertisements

We could keep thousands employed with the wall just painting over grafitti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,751,824 times
I once saw an illegal immigrant on the news who was being interviewed about the proposed 700-ft-long fence along the Mexican/U.S. Border.

Through an interpretor, he said: "No matter how high you build your wall, we will build a ladder that is even taller."

Last edited by FormerCaliforniaGirl; 01-25-2009 at 09:27 PM..

Old 01-25-2009, 09:26 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,725,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I once saw an illegal immigrant on the news who was being interviewed about the proposed 700-ft long fence along the Mexican/U.S. Border.

Through an interpretor, he said: "No matter how high you build your wall, we will build a ladder that is even taller."
Even in 1,000 illegal aliens succeed in crossing per year----------that beats the hell out of ca. 100K of said criminals doing so.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM

33,008 posts, read 30,280,395 times
Quote:
I once saw an illegal immigrant on the news who was being interviewed about the proposed 700-ft-long fence along the Mexican/U.S. Border.

I don't think home depot carries those. 20 foot max. 701 would void the warranty.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 PM

608 posts, read 883,213 times
Quote:

Or tunnel under it. Big black market going on along the border with Gaza and Egypt. I honestly don't think anything would be 100% foolproof.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,972,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Forget a Berlin style wall, we need one of THESE!

(Cool Graffiti)

I searched for 'Bethlehem' on Flickr, expecting to find the spot where Jesus was born, but instead I found out a fourth of the pics being of this monster.

Oh, one last one...

"I am a Berliner" (?)
Ask an Israeli or Palestinian how their perpetually at-war state is working out for them...

Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,586,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Or tunnel under it. Big black market going on along the border with Gaza and Egypt. I honestly don't think anything would be 100% foolproof.
That's why it's always good to ensure that border walls/fences have a deep concrete foundation which I believe many do.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,725,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Ask an Israeli or Palestinian how their perpetually at-war state is working out for them...
Two differences there:

#1: the Palestinians do not seem to grap the concept of birth control; their breeding makes Mexicans look like celibates.

#2: The former like to lob rockets into Israel on a regular basis-----------whereupon the latter; once goaded, start blowing Palestine to smithereens.

Memo to Palestine: grow up.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,445,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two differences there:

#1: the Palestinians do not seem to grap the concept of birth control; their breeding makes Mexicans look like celibates.

#2: The former like to lob rockets into Israel on a regular basis-----------whereupon the latter; once goaded, start blowing Palestine to smithereens.

Memo to Palestine: grow up.
Well, that is the problem; there IS no Palestine. There used to be, but it was taken over to create Israel.

It is funny how so many people on this board are against illegal immigration here in the USA but cannot have empathy for the people who suffered a real invasion of their country so many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration