U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,293,306 times

Advertisements

This thread is a specific place where you can post crimes committed by illegal aliens and comment on them. Anything else is off topic and will be deleted from now on.
So please, take off topic discussions elsewhere.
Yac.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 AM

163 posts, read 365,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
No. So why isn't there a forum for "illegal" immigration. Oh, wait, that's right! Because illegal immigration is a type of immigration. Shoplifting is type of crime. Shopping implies a barter system. Thus, the basic definition is gone. However, immigration implies leaving one country for another...illegal denotes the method.

It's not spin, it's logic. Just going by definitions. Spin is trying to convince people that illegal immigrants are the reason behing massive crime spikes. This thread is more "spin" than the above post that was quoted. Actually, the post about my post was more "spin" than my post.

so you wanna get technical.

ok

we are all immigrants here, legal immgirants.

We are here talking about illegal immigration, the method of illegally entering the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasusBelli View Post
so you wanna get technical.

ok

we are all immigrants here, legal immgirants.

We are here talking about illegal immigration, the method of illegally entering the country.
Look, I'm not the one getting technical. I'm simply stating the definition. You were the one that, wrongly, stated that illegal immigration is not immigration. What that had to do with anything, I have no idea. So, all my point was why have this thread in the first place? The only reason is to scare people into believing that these immigrants (of which they came here illegally, if you really want to do this) are going to cause massive civil destruction in the form of a crime spree. Which, simply is not the case. Yes, there are issues that need to raised concerning illegal immigrants (hospital overcrowding, school performance, public housing overcrowding), but these issues need to treated with more compassion. This thread is simply manipulation to tug at the heart strings of people. It is meant to associate illegal immigrants and crime. Namely Hispanic illegal immigrants. Many on this forum use remarks concerning those from the third world, thus an association from the third world and criminality can be formed. This just deepens the pool of mistrust and does not mend a nation that needs to be together now more than ever.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Default Illegal Immigrant Charged With Child Sex Crimes

B
http://static.mync.com/images/uploads/cache/090331_elio_citala-rodrigue_420x284.jpg (broken link)
Elio Citala-Rodriguez

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. - An illegal immigrant from Mexico has been charged with sexually inappropriate behavior with a 6-year-old girl, according to officials.
The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office say 28-year-old Elio Citala-Rodriguez of Pink Hill, N.C. is a distant relative of the victim.
Detectives say the alleged encounters happened between March 2006 and Sept. 2007 while Rodriguez was living with the victim and her parents in Fayetteville.

- MyNC News Homepage

Pig.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-01-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 04-03-2009, 03:23 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Default Illegal Immigration Caused Tragedy In My Family

At first, my focus was on mourning my daughter and her friend. Our community, friends and family stood with us, honoring their memories.

But anger and a feeling of betrayal took over when I discovered at the trial that Alfredo Ramos could have been -- should have been -- deported long before he ran that light. In fact, this accident wasn’t the first time that Alfredo Ramos walked away from a drunken incident. It wasn’t even the second time.

Alfredo Ramos had been arrested twice before -- for driving under the influence (DUI) and public intoxication. He had a fake driver's license from Florida and could not speak English.

Illegal Immigration Caused Tragedy In My Family - HUMAN EVENTS

Thousands of Americans have had their identities stolen, women and children continue to be raped, and many others have died at the hands of an illegal alien murderer with no right to be in this country. We cannot save the world and America will not survive the 3rd cultural disaster that is being forced upon us.

Do love America?
Do you want your country back?

Call your members of congress and tell them: NOT ANOTHER AMNESTY.

http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-03-2009 at 03:42 AM..

Old 04-03-2009, 05:52 AM

23,005 posts, read 31,965,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
At first, my focus was on mourning my daughter and her friend. Our community, friends and family stood with us, honoring their memories.

But anger and a feeling of betrayal took over when I discovered at the trial that Alfredo Ramos could have been -- should have been -- deported long before he ran that light. In fact, this accident wasn’t the first time that Alfredo Ramos walked away from a drunken incident. It wasn’t even the second time.

Alfredo Ramos had been arrested twice before -- for driving under the influence (DUI) and public intoxication. He had a fake driver's license from Florida and could not speak English.

Illegal Immigration Caused Tragedy In My Family - HUMAN EVENTS

Thousands of Americans have had their identities stolen, women and children continue to be raped, and many others have died at the hands of an illegal alien murderer with no right to be in this country. We cannot save the world and America will not survive the 3rd cultural disaster that is being forced upon us.

Do love America?
Do you want your country back?

Call your members of congress and tell them: NOT ANOTHER AMNESTY.

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial, Memorial, illegal alien, victim, murder, killed, David March, Daniel Golden, Ruben Morfin, Scott Gardner, Kris Eggle, Marc Atkinson, ojjpac, ohio jobs and justice, Steve Salvi, Salvi, ojjpac.org, shaw
Quote:
Gladly, some important things have changed in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake in the last two years. Virginia Beach now requires that police check the immigration status of all arrested. Virginia Beach and Chesapeake passed measures requiring that companies doing business with the cities pledge not to hire illegal immigrants.
As someone who grew up and has family in the general VA Beach-Chesapeake-Hampton roads area, i'm glad that these girls did not die in vain. VA Beach and Chesapeake passed the laws aimed at illegal immigration after this tragedy and also the mayor of VA Beach at that time just lost the past election and no one can say that these girls death did not play a part. In these girls sadly losing their lives they may have saved a few others.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Now for the pro illegal excuses:
1. Ramos is a victim of racial profiling.
2. He is here doing a job no american wants to do.
3. Ramos is being unfairly portrayed. He is a good man with strong family values.
4. If the establishment that provided him with alcohol had cut him off this wouldnt have happened.
5. Ramos is a human being and therefor can not be illegal.
OR
In reality he is the very reason that immigration laws need to be enforced. He is an example of what happens when we don't.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
3. Ramos is being unfairly portrayed. He is a good man with strong family values.
4. If the establishment that provided him with alcohol had cut him off this wouldnt have happened.
OR
In reality he is the very reason that immigration laws need to be enforced. He is an example of what happens when we don't.
What's wrong with you?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:37 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
OR
To clarify, you usually seem to be the one trying to encourage respectful exchanges.
Here, you sound just like the others with your mean spirited post attacking other members.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
To clarify, you usually seem to be the one trying to encourage respectful exchanges.
Here, you sound just like the others with your mean spirited post attacking other members.
Who was attacked? Name please.
Are you saying that these are not the usual excuses made for illegals? I left out the excuse that americans are too lazy to do the work. I also left out the excuse " well we have our own criminals too"
Whats wrong with me? I'll tell you.I preach about the need to enforce our immigration laws because this is what happens when we dont. People die, people are victimized. This kind of immigrant gives all immigrants a bad name legal or illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration