U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 04:07 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,774,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
To clarify, you usually seem to be the one trying to encourage respectful exchanges.
Here, you sound just like the others with your mean spirited post attacking other members.
Just who do you think is being attacked with this "mean spirited post"? Seems to me every one agrees on this except you. I think he got it with the first shot. Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Now for the pro illegal excuses:
1. Ramos is a victim of racial profiling.
2. He is here doing a job no american wants to do.
3. Ramos is being unfairly portrayed. He is a good man with strong family values.
4. If the establishment that provided him with alcohol had cut him off this wouldnt have happened.
5. Ramos is a human being and therefor can not be illegal.
OR
In reality he is the very reason that immigration laws need to be enforced. He is an example of what happens when we don't.
I hope he gets life in prison. I don't defend him at all, nor do I believe any pro amnesty group would. I think antialph was referring to your sarcasm.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:53 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
You take a tragic situation, and without being provoked, you USE it to take a swipe at the people who are called "pro illegals" on here.

I don't like it when people exploit tragedies to take a shot at the "other side".
I've never seen so called pro illegals use those lame arguments you threw out there. Yet one of you always has to jump in and say stuff like that.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:39 PM

608 posts, read 791,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
You take a tragic situation, and without being provoked, you USE it to take a swipe at the people who are called "pro illegals" on here.

I don't like it when people exploit tragedies to take a shot at the "other side".
I've never seen so called pro illegals use those lame arguments you threw out there. Yet one of you always has to jump in and say stuff like that.
Don't overplay your oppinion on this. Maybe you think these types of issues mean nothing to you, but had this illegal been deported and kept from returning to the USA, this accident wouldn't have occured. Even on lost American life at the hands of an illegal is one too many!

Old 04-03-2009, 06:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Default Convicted Illegal Runs Up Expenses

April 3, 2009

The Butler County prosecutor called for federal lawmakers to “tighten up the border” after an illegal immigrant -- who was deported twice before but had returned to the U.S. -- was convicted late Thursday of deliberately crashing his car into a utility pole to hurt his estranged girlfriend.

Common Pleas Judge Michael Sage sentenced Luis Delgado -- who is partially paralyzed and in a wheelchair because of the March, 2008 crash -- to eight years in prison on a charge of aggravated vehicular assault.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...107/304030119/

What did we do to deserve the curse of their presence?

Old 04-03-2009, 06:35 PM

608 posts, read 791,473 times
More like, What did we NOT do? If only our government would choose to enforce their own immigration laws instead of trying to pander to illegal- loving special interest groups, you wouldn't have to work so hard to find these informative articles! Unfortunatly, the government doesn;t seem to be paying attention, so...Keep up the good work J Dubs.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
More like, What did we NOT do? If only our government would choose to enforce their own immigration laws instead of trying to pander to illegal- loving special interest groups, you wouldn't have to work so hard to find these informative articles! Unfortunatly, the government doesn;t seem to be paying attention, so...Keep up the good work J Dubs.
Agreed and great points. It is unfortunate that they are asleep at the wheel. That's why it's so important for every American to send links to these stories to their congressmen/women. I do.

Thanks catfishing!

Old 04-04-2009, 05:47 PM

Default Suspect arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting dog in Hamilton City

HAMILTON CITY — A local man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of sexually assaulting a German shepherd in Hamilton City Monday.The alleged act was witnessed by two Glenn County employees, who reported it to authorities. Glenn County sheriff's deputies asked Hamilton City residents to notify them if they saw a man who matched a description provided by the witnesses. An anonymous tip came Wednesday that the suspect might be in the area of Second and Sierra streets.
Deputies contacted Alejandro Leyva-Tixta, 43, and found him highly intoxicated. He was taken into custody for being drunk in public. Charges on suspicion of sexually assaulting an animal and animal cruelty were added after further investigation, but detective Greg Felton said he may ask the District Attorney to drop the animal cruelty allegation.

Suspect arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting dog in Hamilton City - Chico Enterprise Record

Ewwww . . . . . . just think there's millions of them here

Old 04-04-2009, 08:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
J Dubs....you post the links and I'll send them to my Senators( Coburn and Inhofe) here in OK. Both Sen's are opposed to Illegal Immigration and bothsee to it that HB1804 is enforced in OK. I'm with NumbersUSA so I've been faxing the links through there.

Old 04-05-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
J Dubs....you post the links and I'll send them to my Senators( Coburn and Inhofe) here in OK. Both Sen's are opposed to Illegal Immigration and bothsee to it that HB1804 is enforced in OK. I'm with NumbersUSA so I've been faxing the links through there.
No problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration