U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:10 AM

563 posts, read 1,220,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Hey, I got a great idea!!! Why not start a thread about every crime that left handed people commit to create a false sense of fear in people? That way people can decide that instead of finding practical solutions that treat left handed people as normal people and secure our borders, we can dehumanize them and portray them as evil doers bent on destroying America. I dislike those left handed people so much. I want to showcase every crime about them. I want the world to know about every offense that occurs.

Really? Does this thread really exist? Sorry for the horrible brand of humor and sarcasm, but should we focus more on solutions than propoganda?
What solutions? The government does nothing. The world needs to know how legal citizens are treated in their own country by these criminals. The Border Patrol agents can't even do their jobs. Mexico has so many of our polititians in their back pockets...you would be apalled.
Do you live it? I do. Southern California. The place La Raza says it will own "again". I see it in our schools, streets, gangs, crimes, workplaces. My tax dollars go to feed, clothe, educate (en Espanol) and provide health services for a mass of people and anchor babies who shouldn't even be here, to the exclusion of deserving citizens. Oh, and that includes any Swedes or Outer Mongolians that may have illegally entered the country.
Solutions...yeeeaaahhhhh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 12:20 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
I live in SoCal too. Right now Yorba Linda, but mostly Moreno Valley, and Santa Barbara for college. I know Cali. I went to high school in San Bernardino. So instead of having some good solutions, lets sit around putting up newspaper articles?

Umm... we can reduce waste in government and put more resources towards underperforming schools to put more IB/AP programs and better ESL programs that do a good job of teaching English. Take money away from prisons and reduce marijuana/drug prosecutions in order to free up some funds. I mean at least educate the kids of the people. This reduces the cyclical nature. This is an example of a possible part of a solution...better than sitting around finding articles.

I volunteered to teach ESL. My dad taught ESL, so again another example of a solution. It is more productive.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:06 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times
That1guy, consider the sources.
There aim is cause fear, as if we should fear all illegals as evil monsters because of the actions of criminals who happen to be illegal.
You can paint any group as a bunch of evil criminals by focusing on the bad apples.

Anyway, I think this was a great idea by the mods. I highly doubt this will "get lost in the shuffle". It'll allow those who want to obsess over just one part of a greater discussion and smear a group(whichever that may be..) to exchange horror stories without clogging up the pages with mass posting.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
There aim is cause fear, as if we should fear all illegals as evil monsters because of the actions of criminals who happen to be illegal.
You can paint any group as a bunch of evil criminals by focusing on the bad apples.

Anyway, I think this was a great idea by the mods. I highly doubt this will "get lost in the shuffle". It'll allow those who want to obsess over just one part of a greater discussion and smear a group(whichever that may be..) to exchange horror stories without clogging up the pages with mass posting.
I guess you are right.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:03 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,581,916 times
Quote:
Because crossing the border illegally and overstaying one's visa ARE NOT crimes? By committing one of said actions illegals can't be considered criminals who deserve to be deported and criticized for what they did intentionally?

Should we just automatically embrace the presence of millions illegal aliens whom the average citizen will likely know little to nothing about regarding their backgrounds and other necessary personal information?

Instead of criticizing and condemning those who broke our laws intentionally, we should treat them as if they had done nothing wrong.

Should those who broke our laws intentionally get a free pass for some reason?

I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. Please explain if you will even bother doing so.

Last edited by antireconquista; 01-30-2009 at 03:21 AM..

Old 01-30-2009, 04:09 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Because crossing the border illegally and overstaying one's visa ARE NOT crimes? By committing one of said actions illegals can't be considered criminals who deserve to be deported and criticized for what they did intentionally?

Should we just automatically embrace the presence of millions illegal aliens whom the average citizen will likely know little to nothing about regarding their backgrounds and other necessary personal information?

Instead of criticizing and condemning those who broke our laws intentionally, we should treat them as if they had done nothing wrong.

Should those who broke our laws intentionally get a free pass for some reason?

I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. Please explain if you will even bother doing so.

Agreed. The IA's and their huggers who frequent this forum would like for us to go back to the days when LaRaza and the rest of the racist ethnocentric groups had the media and White Americans afraid to talk about their crime spree for fear of being called racist.

Finally the tide has turned and ALL Americans are wide awake, aware, reading and talking about the illegal alien crime spree that has gripped this country.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:15 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Default Gang membership on the rise across U.S.

Criminal gangs in the United States have swelled to an estimated 1 million members responsible for up to 80 percent of crimes in communities across the nation, according to a gang threat assessment compiled by federal officials.

The major findings in a report by the Justice Department's National Gang Intelligence Center, which has not been publicly released, conclude gangs are the "primary retail-level distributors of most illicit drugs" and several are capable of competing with major U.S.-based Mexican drug-trafficking organizations.

One group that continues to spread despite law-enforcement efforts is the violent Salvadoran gang known as MS-13.

Michael Sullivan, the departing director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, says the gang's dependence on shocking violence to advance extortion, prostitution and other criminal enterprises has frustrated attempts to infiltrate and disrupt the insular group's activities.

"MS-13's foothold in the U.S. is expanding," Sullivan says.

Kaiser says the street gang is in 42 states, up from 33 in 2005. "Enforcement efforts have been effective to a certain extent, but they (gang members) keep moving," he says.

MS-13 is the abbreviation for the gang also known as Mara Salvatrucha. The group gained national prominence in the 1980s in Los Angeles, where members were linked to incidents involving unusual brutality.

Report: Gang membership on the rise across U.S.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I live in SoCal too. Right now Yorba Linda, but mostly Moreno Valley, and Santa Barbara for college. I know Cali. I went to high school in San Bernardino. So instead of having some good solutions, lets sit around putting up newspaper articles?

Umm... we can reduce waste in government and put more resources towards underperforming schools to put more IB/AP programs and better ESL programs that do a good job of teaching English. Take money away from prisons and reduce marijuana/drug prosecutions in order to free up some funds. I mean at least educate the kids of the people. This reduces the cyclical nature. This is an example of a possible part of a solution...better than sitting around finding articles.

I volunteered to teach ESL. My dad taught ESL, so again another example of a solution. It is more productive.
Quote:

Repeat after me:

#1: close/lock our southern border (which is occurring as we speak)
#2: deny birthright citizenship to US born children (grandfather in existing Anchors) when both of their parents are here illegally.
#3: really bear down with mass deportations (which are increasing)
#4: make English our official language and; outside of public health/safety/foreign affairs issues, mandate that all Fed/state business be done in that tongue only.

Problem solved.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Here is a dozen breaking the law group style

LaJollaLight.com | Abandoned boat found at Torrey Pines beach (http://lajollalight.com/printer/article.asp?c=253128 - broken link)

Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,581,916 times
Prosecutor to talk about Mexican crystal meth raid | WSBT South Bend - Your Local News Leader | Local News (http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/38705202.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration