Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2009, 08:16 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
HOUSTON — Four people police say were involved in the fatal shooting of a Houston police officer this week are illegal immigrants and have multiple aliases that are complicating the investigation.

Two suspects are charged with capital murder for the death Tuesday night of 42-year-old Officer Henry Canales. He was working undercover on a stolen property sting operation when he was gunned down.

Andres Maldonado Nava, 41, of Mexico, had at least eight aliases and multiple arrests in California, authorities said Thursday. The alleged shooter, Robert Pedroza Carrillo, 37, who was killed in the ensuing gunfire, had three aliases. Carrillo also was from Mexico.

Xiomara Rosales Mendez, 36, of Honduras, also is charged, along with a Mexican-born female authorities said is claiming to be a juvenile.
Aliases hinder investigation in death of officer > Conroe Courier > News Archives > Houston Community Newspapers Online - News Around Town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 09:53 AM

27 posts, read 36,013 times
Yet our government would have us to believe that these virtually unidentifiable millions of illegal aliens should be considered eligible for amnesty

Old 06-27-2009, 12:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
thats why biometric information on these people is desperately needed.

people like this should be chipped. that will make sure they show up for their court dates[if not detained immediately].

sad. tragic.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats why biometric information on these people is desperately needed.

people like this should be chipped. that will make sure they show up for their court dates[if not detained immediately].

sad. tragic.
I would be fine with chipping people like this as long as the legislation strictly prohibited chipping American citizens. I know, it sounds like a great idea to chip our criminals. They could escape or do God knows what and we would have an easy way to locate them. My only fear would be the abuse of this program by our government. And that is why strict legislation would be required. Or before you know it, every one who ever has any personal interaction with our judiciary system will end up with a tracking chip. Guess you should have worn your seatbelt sir, gonna have to upload you into the system of offenders. (Runs out of the room, scared by my own words!!!)

Old 06-27-2009, 01:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I would be fine with chipping people like this as long as the legislation strictly prohibited chipping American citizens. I know, it sounds like a great idea to chip our criminals. They could escape or do God knows what and we would have an easy way to locate them. My only fear would be the abuse of this program by our government. And that is why strict legislation would be required. Or before you know it, every one who ever has any personal interaction with our judiciary system will end up with a tracking chip. Guess you should have worn your seatbelt sir, gonna have to upload you into the system of offenders. (Runs out of the room, scared by my own words!!!)
Frankly; more and more I think about it, we have had 'biometric' tracking around since the 19th Century---------------fingerprints.

The difference today is that LE uses some sort of scanner vs. ink/paper to take 'em.

My prints are on file since I was bonded in the past for jobs, etc. so I personally have nothing to hide.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:29 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly; more and more I think about it, we have had 'biometric' tracking around since the 19th Century---------------fingerprints.

The difference today is that LE uses some sort of scanner vs. ink/paper to take 'em.

My prints are on file since I was bonded in the past for jobs, etc. so I personally have nothing to hide.
Oh yes, fingerprinting! I am a part of the generation that was printed while still a youth as a part of programs to thwart kidnapping. But the type of bio-chipping I am talking about would include GPS, so that anyone could be located at anytime, anywhere. That, my friend, worries me. Not because I have a reason to hide. But because should the need arise for me to take flight into the wilderness to hide, I want the freedom to do so without having to worry about my tracking chip. I am not a trusting fellow when it comes to our rulers, and should the day arise that my freedom is being permenantly usurped I want to have the option of moving on. And with the way things have been going over the past 20 years, I fear that day may come. And here's an even more baseline argument. I simply want my freedom to move about as I choose without being followed and observed. No chips for me thank you, they can find me the old fashioned way. But phone or by foot.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
cop killers need to be executed promptly.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:37 PM

27 posts, read 36,013 times
Quote:
Oh yes, fingerprinting! I am a part of the generation that was printed while still a youth as a part of programs to thwart kidnapping. But the type of bio-chipping I am talking about would include GPS, so that anyone could be located at anytime, anywhere. That, my friend, worries me. Not because I have a reason to hide. But because should the need arise for me to take flight into the wilderness to hide, I want the freedom to do so without having to worry about my tracking chip. I am not a trusting fellow when it comes to our rulers, and should the day arise that my freedom is being permenantly usurped I want to have the option of moving on. And with the way things have been going over the past 20 years, I fear that day may come. And here's an even more baseline argument. I simply want my freedom to move about as I choose without being followed and observed. No chips for me thank you, they can find me the old fashioned way. But phone or by foot.
I totally agree with every single word you posted. After all America was built on the premise of personal freedom. For those of us who obey the laws and play by the rules to be forced to live like criminals would be a travesty.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Point well taken.

I too disagree about being chipped as well for the reason(s) you listed.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,034 times
Here's a video of the the search on the killers home.

Video (http://www.click2houston.com/video/19881225/index.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration