U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:34 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,644,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I stand by what I stated and I voted for Obama as well.
Stand by it all you want, it's your right. And I understand/appreciate/respect your passion, even if we don't see eye to eye on this issue. I'm glad to know that we both voted for Obama this time around. Let's get this country in order!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 06:37 PM

216 posts, read 451,224 times
Quote:
Let's get this country in order!
I think one of the things that has to be done in order to get this country in order is to deport the 12 million illegal immigrants are currently residing here.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
I think one of the things that has to be done in order to get this country in order is to deport the 12 million illegal immigrants are currently residing here.
That is coming...............especially if/when California implodes.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM

608 posts, read 881,826 times
Quote:
The reality is that most of our illegals do indeed come up from Mexico; common sense dictates shutting off a raging river first vs. a small creek if in danger of flooding.
"Common sense" are words to live by. Unfortunately those on both sides and at the center of the issue are lacking in this area.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 PM

14,835 posts, read 18,850,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
So what's your plan for that?
Ask everybody to show their birth certificate?

The same people that support your idea are the 1st ones to be against a national ID that would prove somebody's citizenship.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:30 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times
Quote:
And being antagonistic is backfiring against Latinos as a group.

Remember those idiotic illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches back in May 2006? That woke up a sleeping giant.

Too; as the economy tanks------------an inordinate amount of the anger here in the USA by people of any race/ethnicity will be directed against illegal aliens and their enablers.

Addendum: if Mexico implodes (which it may with its drug wars, etc); we may wind up taking over at least the northern tier of Mx states to try to forestall anarchy on our southern border.
I have a feeling you will be very dissapointed when the economy starts recovering under Obama once again.

Btw, Mexico is not going to implode and the U.S is not going to take over any part of mexico.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,628,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Btw, Mexico is not going to implode and the U.S is not going to take over any part of mexico.
That's what the folks were saying in Texas in the 1830's...and California in the 1840's. They were wrong then.....

Old 01-29-2009, 09:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I have a feeling you will be very dissapointed when the economy starts recovering under Obama once again.

Obama is not a magician. I believe he will do everything within his power to improve our economy, but this economic tsunami will not dissipate overnight. More than half a million workers lost jobs in one week. Over 4 million are currently collecting unemployment. This is not a good time to be an illegal alien in this country.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 AM

1,017 posts, read 2,644,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
this economic tsunami
What/who's the cause of this???

Old 01-30-2009, 07:32 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
What/who's the cause of this???
A combination of things that occurred in the last 10 years or so.............in particular; lax verification of income prior to buying homes which inflated the prices of same----------if I had to pick one scapegoat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration