Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Comparing the 'plight' of illegal aliens to the Civil Rights Movement is a slap in the face of American Blacks who had to deal with legal Jim Crow two generations back.

Kick those illegal aliens out of the USA----------they are nothing more than thieves.
Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
A number of them certainly are....and their 'ringleaders' are for sure. I'm not sure the 'vast majority' in the streets are legal citizens, though...NOR do I compare this with the civil rights movement 40 years ago. That comparison won't fly.

I DO know the true "Aztlan" believers are mostly the product of American college campuses. My wife has a distant cousin who's a professor. He occasionally dons a serape and an ENORMOUS sombrero, and gives bilingual speeches on campus...the Aztlan folks LOVE him. He talks of his impoverished childhood (that part is true), when his parents couldn't afford to buy him "choos" for his feet, and the crowd ROARS !

After the sppech, he shakes a few hands, drops his accent, and goes home to his hot tub, inside his gated community, with his white wife. The family teases him unmercifully, and he laughs about it. LOOKS good, though...I still have one of his posters hanging in my garage. But the man is a PROFESSOR, after all.

Does the "pro-illegal, MEChA, Aztlan" movement compare with the civil rights movement of Dr. King and others in the 60's? Not even close. Some people would LIKE to make that connection, but it just "ain't so".
Hilarious! That’s what you call giving the people what they want. Thank you Mr. Meal, for another enlightening post.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:57 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Hilarious! That’s what you call giving the people what they want. Thank you Mr. Meal, for another enlightening post.
"The man wants a green suit ! So give him what he wants, Sammy! Turn on the green light ! ALL our problems should be so simple !"....

Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Like I've stated previously in other posts, Mecha, and all those organizations aren't even known in Mexico, LOL

I knew about them after coming here LOLOL

Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Like I've stated previously in other posts, Mecha, and all those organizations aren't even known in Mexico, LOL

I knew about them after coming here LOLOL
That's because NOBODY understands the problems of "la Raza" like MEChA....not even Mexicans !!! Mexicans just don't know how bad they HAVE it, until they arrive in 'el Norte'.....

Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
That's because NOBODY understands the problems of "la Raza" like MEChA....not even Mexicans !!! Mexicans just don't know how bad they HAVE it, until they arrive in 'el Norte'.....
me bad, I didn't know how bad we have it!! and I've been in el norte!! guess I'm a slow learner hehehehe, ok, La raza where do I sign to become a member? can I have some free meal too?

Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
I'm sure they're not asking you to asssimilate, like the greeks, or italian, or
russian -americans are not doing it either, if you want to enjoy a culture that's up to you, but we cherrish freedom in this country, and you bet I'm going to enjoy the culture that I please to enjoy......
The issue at hand is the demand that this nation make special considerations for those who refuse to adapt. Bi-lingual gov recordings. Drivers tests in languages other than the common/ business language of the land. The demand for amnesty for those who have demonstrated a clear lack of respect for our laws and our rights as a nation. I don't care what the ethnic background is, the race, the religion or the gender. Here illegally they should be deported. Here legally they need to adapt to us. If they can't or just choose not to then go back where they came from. There are lines of people trying to come here who not only are willing to adapt/assimulate but have something to contribute besides demands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration