U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 AM

2,857 posts, read 5,859,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they would do ANYTHING to control their populations they wouldn't have such an issue. 1st World Countries frown upon gaggles of kids, sans Octofreak.
What are you suggesting? Dictatorships like in China where people are punished for having too many children? That's hardly the American way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 10:09 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
What are you suggesting? Dictatorships like in China where people are punished for having too many children? That's hardly the American way.
That is moot here: factoring out the illegal alien breeders; we here in the USA are already at ZPG---------even counting Americans like Octomom and the Dugger family.

Why I threw in those two examples of people having scads of kids is that many other adults have no children period--------including myself.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:07 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,257,630 times
America can't be the world's tech leader without immigration reform. - By Farhad Manjoo - Slate Magazine

I like this idea.

He wants the government to create a new immigration class for founders of new firms. Every year, Graham's "Founder Visa" program would let in 10,000 immigrants who've shown a plan for starting a new company. These people would be barred from working at existing companies—in other words, they wouldn't be "taking American jobs." Instead, Graham argues, they'd be creating jobs:

BTW, this thread was NOT about illegal Immigration.

At least it wasnt when I started it...

Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 PM

411 posts, read 403,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Daniel Lyons - Silicon Valley Wants to Stay On the Road to Prosperity - washingtonpost.com

The US simply does not produce enough engineers and scientist anymore. Until we start doing so, which seems unlikely, since kids today just want to get an MBA or work in the NBA, we will need to keep importing them as quickly as we can.

After all, if we dont have them working for us, they are probably competing against us. And we are starting to lose some of those battles...

Yes, immigrants are helping this country to continue to prosper, but no longer are they from the technological fields, there has been a lot of
outsourcing in the research sector, taking research facilities to china, india, brazil, etc., where they hire local scientists for much lower wages, nowadays is very hard for an american engineering graduate to get a decent job. The relief has come from SOB in unskilled labor, local people
aretend to be very demanding, and less productive, although not in all
cases, and that in turn make the locals be more competitive, and efficient.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:19 PM

487 posts, read 550,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yldrosie View Post
It seems strange to me that when the US was predominately white, Pre -1965, this was the strongest country on earth. Now, after years of immigration, we are rolling further and further down the slope to the third world. The more immigrants, the worse the country gets for the natives.
Thats because third world populations create third world countries. If we only allowed the best and brightest from prosperous nations to immigrate we wouldn't be having this problem, but instead our immigration policy is viewed like a charity act.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 PM

411 posts, read 403,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Thats because third world populations create third world countries. If we only allowed the best and brightest from prosperous nations to immigrate we wouldn't be having this problem, but instead our immigration policy is viewed like a charity act.

Wrong, that's not the "american dream", the vast majority of immigrants that have come to this country since Juan Ponce de Leon estblished the first european settlement in st augustine florida, have been poor disenfranchised unskilled people from all over the world that have come here for a better tomorrow.
In my own case I came here over 20 years ago without a penny in my pockets, since then, I have become a prominent business person in a major south-western city, I have employed peolpe from all walks of life, and colors, even former immates, most of whom I have established very close relationships, some have progressed and have their own business, my friends that's the true american dream......god bless america!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Bingo!

We have the right to 'cherry pick' whom we let into the USA.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Yes, immigrants are helping this country to continue to prosper, but no longer are they from the technological fields, there has been a lot of
outsourcing in the research sector, taking research facilities to china, india, brazil, etc., where they hire local scientists for much lower wages, nowadays is very hard for an american engineering graduate to get a decent job. The relief has come from SOB in unskilled labor, local people
aretend to be very demanding, and less productive, although not in all
cases, and that in turn make the locals be more competitive, and efficient.
Now when I think about immigrants I think of those folks who applied to enter legally and then waited until approved.
Those folks are a welcome addition to our population.
Then there are the criminals. The low life people with an entitlment mentality. You know the ones who sneak in. The ones who avoid paying taxes, low ball wages and pretty much make things hard for the next generation of legal immigrants.
I don't think of them as immigrants. I just call them what they are. Common criminals. These we don't need any of, we produce enough of those on our own.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:57 AM

169 posts, read 283,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
legal immigrations keeps us on top. we have become lazy and got mega attitude so sadly this is true. what is keeping us down is illegal immigration. gangbanger inc of mexico have discovered america is disneyland for criminals, look ma, no punishment and we will jail the cops or joe six pack, if they try to do something about it.
I agree with you onlegal immigration but there is no legal immigration around anymore these days
As for Americans being lazy that's a poor excuse there are plenty of Americans that would work the bottom jobs but cant because the illegals have taken over
if we Americans are so lazy why did Mcdonalds have such a huge turn out by older people because that was there last hope for providing for there families

Quote:
Damn French screwed us in the long run haha
I think we need to take that plaque off of the statue of Liberty that says give us your tired ,your poor, etc...

Last edited by Yac; 05-31-2011 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: 2 posts in a row merged

Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM

959 posts, read 1,120,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Daniel Lyons - Silicon Valley Wants to Stay On the Road to Prosperity - washingtonpost.com

The US simply does not produce enough engineers and scientist anymore. Until we start doing so, which seems unlikely, since kids today just want to get an MBA or work in the NBA, we will need to keep importing them as quickly as we can.

After all, if we dont have them working for us, they are probably competing against us. And we are starting to lose some of those battles...

I doubt very much that most Hispanic illegal immigrants here in the U.S are becoming engineers and scientists. The majority of them are working in jobs like fast food and janitorial work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or